Is aluminum foil worse than plastic bag?

If glass or wood was not an option. Would you store your meat in aluminum foil or plastic bag/wrap that butcher gives you?
I don't know which is more toxic. I mean for fridge storage, 3 days max, fresh ground meat.

Peater

Plastic, the low temperature will slow down any leaching of chemicals but a reaction between the food and the aluminium would possibly happen easier if it's slightly exothermic.

Nokoni

OP
TruffleGnocchi
This book gives a good background on the dangers of aluminum:
Amazon product ASIN 1510762531View: https://www.amazon.com/Imagine-You-Are-Aluminum-Atom/dp/1510762531

Both are bad but aluminum may be worse. Also, drink Fiji water (or equivalent) to reduce aluminum burden.
Looks interesting. Recently I've listened to RFK's conversation with Joe Rogan, where he talked about how aluminum in vaccines servers the same function as mercury: as a toxin to induce an immune response, and that it also shares toxic effects on the brain if I remember correctly.
I'm thinking maybe it is more stable than plastic, in terms of not breaking down and leave particles of it in food, but like Peater said, maybe it could react with food. I know it reacts with hydrochloric acid easily, maybe other acids in the meat. I'm no chemist.

The past 1-2 months now I decided to only drink mineral water bottled in glass. Not sure if it is equivalent to Fiji.

Nokoni

Looks interesting. Recently I've listened to RFK's conversation with Joe Rogan, where he talked about how aluminum in vaccines servers the same function as mercury: as a toxin to induce an immune response, and that it also shares toxic effects on the brain if I remember correctly.
I'm thinking maybe it is more stable than plastic, in terms of not breaking down and leave particles of it in food, but like Peater said, maybe it could react with food. I know it reacts with hydrochloric acid easily, maybe other acids in the meat. I'm no chemist.

The past 1-2 months now I decided to only drink mineral water bottled in glass. Not sure if it is equivalent to Fiji.
The key thing with Fiji is that is contains appreciable amounts of silicic acid. (It is listed on the bottle as silica, but the author says that few understand silicon chemistry well enough to get such details right, and that it is actually silicic acid.) There are other brands that have that as well but I don't know which ones yet. (I've only read 38% of the book so far.) He takes precise measurements on aluminum in urine (which he says is problematic but the best available method for determining overall burden) over a course of several days, then again after consumption of Fiji (or equivalent), and can detect a notable jump in aluminum in the urine. He has tested all other silicon supplements on the market and gets no such results. And btw, the Fiji I am drinking right now is in plastic bottles. Oh well. But I had a very significant occupational exposure to powdered aluminum as a young man, so for me at least the trade-off is probably worth it.

OP
TruffleGnocchi
The key thing with Fiji is that is contains appreciable amounts of silicic acid. (It is listed on the bottle as silica, but the author says that few understand silicon chemistry well enough to get such details right, and that it is actually silicic acid.) There are other brands that have that as well but I don't know which ones yet. (I've only read 38% of the book so far.) He takes precise measurements on aluminum in urine (which he says is problematic but the best available method for determining overall burden) over a course of several days, then again after consumption of Fiji (or equivalent), and can detect a notable jump in aluminum in the urine. He has tested all other silicon supplements on the market and gets no such results. And btw, the Fiji I am drinking right now is in plastic bottles. Oh well. But I had a very significant occupational exposure to powdered aluminum as a young man, so for me at least the trade-off is probably worth it.
Thanks I didnt know about silicic acid. Interesting stuff

wzuo

why are you drinking water? get some watermelon and it will give you water, and plenty other nutrients. I found that half watermelon (about 3kg) gives me a lot of carbohydrates, nutrients, and water. So I only need some milk/oj/sometimes ground beef and I'm done with 3000kcal goal. Watermelon is very cheap for it's effect

OP
TruffleGnocchi
why are you drinking water? get some watermelon and it will give you water, and plenty other nutrients. I found that half watermelon (about 3kg) gives me a lot of carbohydrates, nutrients, and water. So I only need some milk/oj/sometimes ground beef and I'm done with 3000kcal goal. Watermelon is very cheap for it's effect
I love watermelon, I've ate 1-2 in the past month. I think if I eat too much at a time it irritates my digestion and gives me diarrhea. I havnt tried eating only a small quantity yet. Orange juice and milk also not good for me I think. And sometimes I crave just water. I've had a few months of orange juice drinking, when I stopped I noticed improvement. Could be gut issues or orange juice itself. I keep trying to drink milk but fail eventually. I drink it, max a few days without diarrhea then it happens, then I cut out milk and try again after week or months if I feel like it.

cdg

I love watermelon, I've ate 1-2 in the past month. I think if I eat too much at a time it irritates my digestion and gives me diarrhea. I havnt tried eating only a small quantity yet. Orange juice and milk also not good for me I think. And sometimes I crave just water. I've had a few months of orange juice drinking, when I stopped I noticed improvement. Could be gut issues or orange juice itself. I keep trying to drink milk but fail eventually. I drink it, max a few days without diarrhea then it happens, then I cut out milk and try again after week or months if I feel like it.
Sadly orange juice is loaded with Glyphosate:

BearWithMe

Is there a possibility the extra aluminium in urine is coming from the Fiji itself?

Nokoni

Unfortunately, there is fluoride in fiji water: Does Fiji Water Have Fluoride? - Truth About Fluoride
Good find. Is that a lot? I have no idea. But if it is a lot, there may be a cure for that too. @burtlancast educated me years ago that taking iodine daily depletes flouride. The evidence he presented seemed pretty convincing to me. So I've been taking the iodine ever since, and I now actually use flouride toothpaste without worrying about it. You can find the thread on the forum if interested.

Nokoni

Is there a possibility the extra aluminium in urine is coming from the Fiji itself?
Yeah, good and obvious question. But if you read the book he seems to be a very legit researcher, he probably knows more about biological aluminum than anyone, and he's pretty passionate about eliminating it to the greatest extent possible. I doubt that aluminum in the water itself would get past him. In other words, he's probably beyond the "Conducting Research for Idiots" level, but maybe not. Who's to say? And as was mentioned above, there's another brand that the author has included in a graphic about what works and what doesn't, Volvic or something. I couldn't quite make it out, but it was reported above in this thread. (Fiji I had heard of, and could make out.) Maybe it has less flouride, but it too apparently depletes aluminum. There was a third one in the graphic, but I couldn't make it out at all. It was a page from a website that doesn't exist anymore (the book was published a few years ago), and I couldn't figure out how to copy the graphic to my hard drive to upload, so the poor resolution completely obscured the third choice. And there may be other choices too. I'll get back to reading the rest of the book some day, but that's all the info I have right now. Maybe the reviews on Amazon mention the brands to get. Maybe it's all wrong. Read the book and you'll know more. But you still wouldn't be certain :)

Beatrix_

Non-invasive therapy to reduce the body burden of aluminium in Alzheimer's disease

Abstract: There are unexplained links between human exposure to aluminium and the incidence, progression and aetiology of Alzheimer's disease. The null hypothesis which underlies any link is that there would be no Alzheimer's disease in the effective absence of a body burden of aluminium. To test this the latter would have to be reduced to and retained at a level that was commensurate with an Alzheimer's disease-free population. In the absence of recent human interference in the biogeochemical cycle of aluminium the reaction of silicic acid with aluminium has acted as a geochemical control of the biological availability of aluminium. This same mechanism might now be applied to both the removal of aluminium from the body and the reduced entry of aluminium into the body while ensuring that essential metals, such as iron, are unaffected. Based upon the premise that urinary aluminium is the best non-invasive estimate of body burden of aluminium patients with Alzheimer's disease were asked to drink 1.5 L of a silicic acid-rich mineral water each day for five days and, by comparison of their urinary excretion of aluminium pre-and post this simple procedure, the influence upon their body burden of aluminium was determined. Drinking the mineral water increased significantly (P<0.001) their urinary excretion of silicic acid (34.3 ± 15.2 to 55.7 ± 14.2 μmol/mmol creatinine) and concomitantly reduced significantly P=0.037) their urinary excretion of aluminium (86.0 ± 24.3 to 62.2 ± 23.2 nmol/mmol creatinine). The latter was achieved without any significant (P>0.05) influence upon the urinary excretion of iron (20.7 ± 9.5 to 21.7 ± 13.8 nmol/mmol creatinine). The reduction in urinary aluminium supported the future longer-term use of silicic acid as non-invasive therapy for reducing the body burden of aluminium in Alzheimer's disease.

Keywords: Alzheimer's disease, aluminium, silicic acid, iron, urinary excretion, mineral water, disease therapy

DOI: 10.3233/JAD-2006-10103

Journal: Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 17-24, 2006

Published: 8 September 2006

Beatrix_

Published: 09 March 1989
Acute toxicity of aluminium to fish eliminated in silicon-rich acid waters

Nature volume 338, pages 146–148 (1989)

Abstract
AN increased level of aluminium in acidified natural waters is a primary cause of fish death from damage to gill epithelia and loss of osmoregulatory capacity1–4. Aluminium toxicity depends on the species of aluminium present (cationic, neutral or anionic) and hence is affected by pH and the presence of complexing ligands, such as fluoride, and organic material, such as humic acid, which may ameliorate aluminium toxicity5,6. But silicic acid, Si(OH) 4, present in natural waters as a consequence of the weathering of the aluminosilicates of rocks and soil minerals, has a strong and unique affinity for aluminium7, although its influence on toxicity has not been investigated. Here we show that, with an excess of Si over Al and with the formation of hydroxy-aluminosilicate species, the bioavailability of aluminium at pH 5 is reduced and acute toxicity is eliminated. Silicic acid concentration should therefore be considered as a key parameter in toxicity studies and could be important for the treatment of vulnerable waters.

Nokoni

Non-invasive therapy to reduce the body burden of aluminium in Alzheimer's disease

Abstract: There are unexplained links between human exposure to aluminium and the incidence, progression and aetiology of Alzheimer's disease. The null hypothesis which underlies any link is that there would be no Alzheimer's disease in the effective absence of a body burden of aluminium. To test this the latter would have to be reduced to and retained at a level that was commensurate with an Alzheimer's disease-free population. In the absence of recent human interference in the biogeochemical cycle of aluminium the reaction of silicic acid with aluminium has acted as a geochemical control of the biological availability of aluminium. This same mechanism might now be applied to both the removal of aluminium from the body and the reduced entry of aluminium into the body while ensuring that essential metals, such as iron, are unaffected. Based upon the premise that urinary aluminium is the best non-invasive estimate of body burden of aluminium patients with Alzheimer's disease were asked to drink 1.5 L of a silicic acid-rich mineral water each day for five days and, by comparison of their urinary excretion of aluminium pre-and post this simple procedure, the influence upon their body burden of aluminium was determined. Drinking the mineral water increased significantly (P<0.001) their urinary excretion of silicic acid (34.3 ± 15.2 to 55.7 ± 14.2 μmol/mmol creatinine) and concomitantly reduced significantly P=0.037) their urinary excretion of aluminium (86.0 ± 24.3 to 62.2 ± 23.2 nmol/mmol creatinine). The latter was achieved without any significant (P>0.05) influence upon the urinary excretion of iron (20.7 ± 9.5 to 21.7 ± 13.8 nmol/mmol creatinine). The reduction in urinary aluminium supported the future longer-term use of silicic acid as non-invasive therapy for reducing the body burden of aluminium in Alzheimer's disease.

Keywords: Alzheimer's disease, aluminium, silicic acid, iron, urinary excretion, mineral water, disease therapy

DOI: 10.3233/JAD-2006-10103

Journal: Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 17-24, 2006

Published: 8 September 2006
That's the guy who wrote the book, Christopher Exley. The book is more recent, from 2020, and probably more comprehensive and accessible. Btw, the link in your post didn't come through in my browser, although it's in the reply. Maybe I need to reboot my browser or something. Anyhow the paper is available in Sci-Hub.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals