Is It Really Possible To Ditch The Starch?

XPlus

Such_Saturation said:
XPlus said:
Such_Saturation said:
He was a good boy, worked hard, no pain no gain, took his raspberry ketones® and had NO cheat days.
XPlus can attest to this :D

[sup]Now where's my money[/sup]

Can you provide a high resolution XPLUS® Certified™ logo for our labels?

Here thake this coupon. If you bring fifty rich friends you get a 10% discount on resveratrol.

Of course, S_S.
And don't forget to give our good friends 30% discount, valid for 10 days, after they refer 50 of their friends so that everybody can start looking sexy with their All Natural SUPER SATURUATION, LIPOSOMAL, ENTERIC-COATED XPLUS® Certified™ raspberry ketones® ;)

[sup]This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.[/sup]

Zachs

Attachments

• 20150616_092308.jpg
    20150616_092308.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,083

Zachs

So first pic is me right now, I just got out of bed so that's as honest as it gets. That's after a little oflver a month of zero starch and lots of saturated fat and a good amount of sugar.

Second pic was towards the tail end of my zero fat experiment where I lost around 40lbs without doing any exercise. And to the poster above that said I just had a fast metabolism, no. I actually was pretty messed up with hypothyroid. And no I didn't take any thyroid meds or really any supps besides some minerals and glycine.

XPlus

Zachs.
That's pretty impressive. Well done.

What was your low fat diet like, how long did it take to burn off that 40lbs and did you ever feel dissatisfied with food?

Dean

Zachs, when you say zero starch does that mean no bananas or dates either, or are you just talking avoidance of what are commonly regarded as starchy foods?

Zachs

Low fat diet was a no fat diet. I ate only fat free dairy, fruit and juice, sugars and starches of all kinds, mostly rice and rice noodles and sweet potatoes.

No starch diet, no bananas or dates or really any fruit. I drink a lot of fruit juice and sometimes eat some melon or berries. Mostly now I eat full fat dairy, some meat, eggs, sugar.

A little over a month? That's a blink of the eye. What about long term? Daily logical calories while slowly losing body fat. And then once down to optimal body fat %, how to keep it there, long term. When you research non-internet marketing weight loss, real fat loss, you find that for the body to actually burn fat while you live your daily life of needing to still eat for daily energy, it's actually a very slow process, by the decimal point. If you found what works for you then good for you, but you should still remember the long term.

signalguy

To my eye, you look more muscular in the picture from your no fat days but of course it could all just be due to the lighting.

Zachs

Signal, I'd agree. Like I said though I have done no exercise so really I don't see much of a change which is the main point. I think the fact that I change my macros so drastically with zero change is pretty interesting. And of course I'm much more interested in internal health as well as skin health and other markers. Being able to stay lean and keep muscle mass without exercise is just a good indicator.

Dizzryda

Zachs, do you think the secret to your success was depleting pufas first via the low fat diet? If you were to do it again would you do it the same way or would you do the high sf/no starch from the get go?

signalguy

Zachs said:
Signal, I'd agree. Like I said though I have done no exercise so really I don't see much of a change which is the main point. I think the fact that I change my macros so drastically with zero change is pretty interesting. And of course I'm much more interested in internal health as well as skin health and other markers. Being able to stay lean and keep muscle mass without exercise is just a good indicator.

So do you basically believe you fixed your metabolism by going no fat and getting rid of your stores of PUFA? Once PUFA was gone, you were then able to incorporate saturated fat back into your diet?

Zachs

Yes I think that was the key. Getting rid of pufa changed my metabolism immensely. I would do it the same way if I had to do it over again.

RPDiciple

Interesting for sure. I have been doing the no fat experiement myself now for almost 2 months.
Im happy with it but i still have fat to loose and i havent lost much.
I have eaten alot of candy tho as my carb source so maybe thats why.
My diet has been skimmed milk, fruit, coca cola, candy (alot)
Maybe i should ditch candy and use fruit juice, fruit and potatoes instead and maybe som rice if i want.
Since candy does not have many nutrients.

How much protein did u get daily with your no fat experiement Zachs?

Zachs

Yea ditching the candy for nutrient dense foods should help. Starch also is good for increasing metabolism.

Not much, maybe 60-90 grams of protein daily.

signalguy

Zachs said:
Yea ditching the candy for nutrient dense foods should help. Starch also is good for increasing metabolism.

Not much, maybe 60-90 grams of protein daily.

Sorry for making you into my coach but did you follow the peat combining rules? Like did you always make sure to eat fruit with milk, etc.?

Zachs

No. Fruit is usually always eaten alone for me and I didn't actually eat a whole bunch because it gives me gas in big amounts. Mostly just drink fruit juice and eat bananas because they digest easy for me. Dairy and starch were a fine combo or dairy alone or with sugar.

pboy

yea its easy...find a ditch, and throw the starch into it...but it might upset other people if it turns into a hard stiff mass. If I had the palate I have now and never ate starch before, and someone presented it to me as food id think they were joking

YuraCZ

pboy said:
yea its easy...find a ditch, and throw the starch into it...but it might upset other people if it turns into a hard stiff mass. If I had the palate I have now and never ate starch before, and someone presented it to me as food id think they were joking

How can for example white Jasmine rice "turn into a hard stiff mass" when it's fully digested like a glucose basically..?

pboy

ok lol ill stop trolling on starch, its just such a funny easy topic, cause of all its other applications.

White jasmine rice is probably the best starch in terms of no side effect

Its possible not to use it but for a lot of people, they might not wanna do it, it can be isolating, you have to really want it, and even then its hard to manage until you develop a routine

its worth it though, its a big change in perspective

I think people who just want to stop eating starch because like ray peat said, or something...probably wont ever be able to really do it. It has to come from a higher insight within...its not starch itself..like as a concept that's the problem...its just you get in touch with senses...and a higher tuning in life, and naturally you don't want to eat it over time

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals