Is it true? Has my hero Ray Peat passed?

Megamole

This feels slightly surreal. Kinda assumed he’d never die to be honest. I suppose there’s a lesson on that.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, may the perpetual light shine upon him.
May he Rest In Peace.

Apple

This feels slightly surreal. Kinda assumed he’d never die to be honest. I suppose there’s a lesson on that.
Very sad...I expected him to overlive Queen Elizabeth (died at 96) or Prince Philip (99) or the Queen Mother (102)...
So many deaths happened since the pandemic started...there is something going on.

BTW ..."The Queen Mother drank raw milk every morning. Hence her long life, possibly."

Last edited:

extrm3

A wise old man once said…..
“Living is development; and the choices we make our individuality.”-RP

TRIBUTE
You always had a poetic way with words that I envied. As I cant tell you how many times Ive re-read your articles, and listened to your interviews. Just to admire your wordplay and try to decipher whats being said. Not to mention the many periodical “AH HAAA” moments after finally understanding.
For you had a marvelous & eloquent way of explaining hard medical concepts//terms//systems that normally would require a master degree to comprehend.

You gave ppl the wisdom & tools to take their health into there own hands instead of relying on for profit healthcare system that rather see us as a cash cow then healthy.

To be honest, you were a mentor…a role model and most importantly someone to trust. Not only did I learn about health but practical life lessons as well. Your words on novelty seeking and having an acceptor of action still gets me pumped today.

Lastly, Mind & Tissue will forever be one of my favorite works by you.

Your PRESENCE will be missed but your LEGACY will continue on.

“And now his watch has ended……”

Last edited:

achillea

About a week before Thanksgiving, he cancelled with One Radio Network because he said They were burning slash in the Oregon forests and the smoke was so bad at his home that he was having trouble breathing and talking.
A wonderful man indeed.

Lolinaa

I just got an email stating RP passed on Thanksgiving...I'm speechless.:eek:
I am shocked by this news. He was my hero. I went through a lot myself since 2020, but Ray always answered and reassured me. This is a huge loss for humanity. Sleep tight Doctor. We are going to miss you very much brave and honest man full of integrity. God bless you and us continuing living in this world.

I’ve been dreading the day that we’d hear this news. Hard to explain how it feels to anyone else except you all on this forum... since I’ve never even met or spoken to him. But I have this feeling right now almost like I’ve lost a parent. That’s how much of an impact he had over my life the past 10 years.

But not in a blind follower/guru type of way. Of course his health information has been life changing, but I’ve also been changed forever by his way of looking at and understanding the world. I can’t even put into words how intellectually and emotionally starved I was for the information he shared with us. Every interview and essay was a gift.

I hope his loved ones are reading this and are comforted to know how many lives he touched. The best teacher I’ve ever had.
The way it came out of me yesterday, telling my son through tears, was we lost our leader.

May he RIP...if true. The kindest and most selfless person I ever interacted with. Truly a God's gift to humanity...that in many ways the latter did not deserve.
Veritably so on all statements. I have never met someone as teleologically-oriented as Ray.

golder

I keep writing extremely lengthy posts and erasing them. My words aren't good enough.
I spent all of yesterday doing that exact same thing. It’s incredibly painful. Sending love your way.

daphne134

About a week before Thanksgiving, he cancelled with One Radio Network because he said They were burning slash in the Oregon forests and the smoke was so bad at his home that he was having trouble breathing and talking.
A wonderful man indeed.
That is both interesting and heart breaking. Fair to say bad science policy (indirectly) got him in the end?

I was in San Francisco the day the sky turned a dystopian orange-grey and it was like living in an ashtray. So I know how bad fire can get. Not exactly the same thing as burning slash (which I just looked up) though.

ajaxinjection

Though we lost his physical body, the spirit, knowledge and wisdom are all still there. They will always be there.

Thank God we had someone who contributed as much knowledge and goodness as he did. Thank God he wrote any of his findings down and shared them with us. Thank God we live in the timeline where he existed. Thank God we have someone who, though most of us never knew him personally, gave us such strong emotions after his departure.

Thank you, Ray Peat.

explosionlord

Unhappy to hear this. Dr. Peat helped me immensely with my thesis and, as is likely with all of you, never asked for anything in return.

Since youth, I've always been kind of an outlier and contrarian thinker myself. Coming across Ray and his work not only turned me on to fascinating things I likely would have never known without him, but it also made me have confidence to really keep being a scientist in the sense that I never start toeing the line of the status quo/become a careerist. This since I knew that people like Dr. Peat, Rupert Sheldrake, Gilbert Ling, even Michael Faraday etc. existed; people who spent their whole lives in pursuit and defense of the truth and didn't suicide or give up just because conventional dogma attempted to brutalize them.

So, yeah, it's up to all of us now to be the Dr. Peats of the world.

Kashuba

R.I.P. Ray Peat. Condolences to his loved ones. If anyone might could, it's R.P. who would pass on knowledge from the other side!

T3Energy

R.I.P Ray Peat.. very difficult to find the right words. After finding his work in 2019 I started to understand the concept of life and energy much better. The knowledge he teached combined with his kindness was unparalleled.
As others mentioned I hoped we could see him live much longer..
I really hope other people like Georgi or Danny can continue to spread Peats wisdom and research beyond that.
My condolences to his loved ones.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals