Is this LED Light Therapy Lamp Good?

freyasam

I was gifted this LED lamp and it does not specify the wavelength. Any ideas? I'm not sure if I feel much from it or not.

Light Therapy Lamp, 10,000 Lux UV-Free LED Sunlight Lamp​

Sherbert

I guess the fact that it simulates daylight (if you think it does, I've never used one) must be pleasant, but I'm pretty sure I remember Ray saying on one of Danny Roddy's Generative Energy podcasts that the technology of LED is still questionable as far as safety and then went on to explain some technical stuff alluding it might be carcinogenic. Don't mean to scare you coz we all are constantly exposed to LED nowadays (and our phones give off blue light which is also not so great) like it or not. Since it's a gift, and any gift is thoughtful, I'd put it on a side table in a dark corner or a dark room to light it up, but not use it close up.
Hope that helps.

David PS

I was gifted this LED lamp and it does not specify the wavelength. Any ideas? I'm not sure if I feel much from it or not.

Light Therapy Lamp, 10,000 Lux UV-Free LED Sunlight Lamp​

It looks like a well constructed and thoughtfully designed light source. The 'sales pitch' did not make sense at first reading.

About this item​

• Full Spectrum Lamp & UV-Free】Our light therapy lamp release 10,000 Lux (Light level) intensity natural sunlight. It uses UV-free LED light that provides full brightness, is flicker-free, glare-free, and hotspot free, protect your eyes, and never caused any radiation.
If it is ultra-violet (UV) wavelength free, it can not be full spectrum (have all of the wavelengths of natural light). I think the tern 'full spectrum' and 'full brightness' are being confused. It appears to me that 'full brightness' means that it has a variable dimmer that increases the light intensity from 0 to 100%.

It is also a 'therapy light". It does not state what type of therapy. Very limited early morning exposure to blue light has been show to be therapeutic for SAD (seasonal affected disorder) and PTSD. Too much blue light can create health issues.

I agree with @Sherbert. It is a gift and should be appreciated as such. I would not gift this item to a friend.

OP
F

freyasam

@Sherbert @David PS

Thank you both very much for this helpful info. I couldn't tell whether it had blue light or not, and I was concerned about LED issues.
Since my health is very poor lately, I'd rather not risk making anything worse with blue / LED and will stick with my brooder bulb for light therapy (though it was indeed a nice gift). :D
I'm going to read the info you posted, David, soon... that looks very interesting!

OP
F

freyasam

If anyone can recommend a therapeutic red light less than ~$250 to me, I would really appreciate it. Unfortunately I'm not able to be online to research much because of my health and vision issues.

(The brooder bulbs are good, but they put out so much heat, and I live in a hot climate!)

Peater

If anyone can recommend a therapeutic red light less than ~$250 to me, I would really appreciate it. Unfortunately I'm not able to be online to research much because of my health and vision issues.

(The brooder bulbs are good, but they put out so much heat, and I live in a hot climate!)
I have a redlightman device which seems quite good. It's certainly bright enough. It's the square one with a central diffuser.

OP
F

freyasam

I should've said I'm looking for non-LED red lights. Thanks for any suggestions!

Sherbert

I got this (about $40) to fill in until i got around to making myself a fancy setup:
It’s turned out to be more useful/valued than I imagined. I thought being such low wattage it might turn out to be a waste of money but it packs quite a punch. ‘Seems what it lacks in watts it makes up with its being designed to be used in proximity.
I just place it next to me pointing it towards my solar plexus when lying down reading a magazine or something. It so warm I’ve got to keep it a few inches away. Sounds crazy but from the first time i used it i felt it had a beneficial effect.
I guess to the skeptical i’d say at the very least it’s like a mini heating pad or hot water bottle without the trouble of having to prepare one. and with the bonus that it emits infrared light. ‘Thinking off getting a spare (though it’s pretty hardy/sturdy - ‘have dropped it quite a few times) since it seems each time you look there're fewer and fewer incandescent versions of everything and anything out there.
🚨

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals