Itchy skin only at night

TheDolphin

Forum Supporter
What is the connection btw itchy skin that wakes you up at night for scratching, or putting cooling packs and old age? I have three friends both over the age of 65 who have nightly itchy skin-scratch attacks. Taking anti-histamines helps they say. I told them that their liver is overburdened. The doctors just shrug their shoulders and keep prescribing more powerful anti-histamines.
They all are taking the minimum baby aspirin already, but maybe they need a higher dose?
I know Haidut's solution is always aspirin, which is great as it is affordable and widely available. Maybe up the dose of aspirin? Dr. Steven Gundry and Dr. Dale Bredeson both don't like aspirin as it contributes to a leaky gut.
What does this community think about that concept?

Why only itch at night?
I personally think they all have leaky gut, as your gut and your skin are made out of the same embryonic layers, so I think due to their age, they have busted metabolic health, leaky gut thus the itchy skin?

Curious.
Thank you

Peater

I found this:

Are they taking any supplements?

Attachments

• itch.jpg
    itch.jpg
    973.1 KB · Views: 26

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It shows a compromised liver.

OP
TheDolphin

TheDolphin

Forum Supporter
I found this:

Hi Peater, I do believe that most folks over the age of 50 in today's modern food nightmare have a compromised underachieve thyroid, but as you know, most doc look at TSH and T4 and that's it. Thank you for that book image, much appreciated, I will forward it to those three friends, maybe they can bring it to their doctors. I do believe that hypothyroidism does lead to excessive dry and sometimes itchy skin. Thank you so much. Much appreciated.

Peater

Hi Peater, I do believe that most folks over the age of 50 in today's modern food nightmare have a compromised underachieve thyroid, but as you know, most doc look at TSH and T4 and that's it. Thank you for that book image, much appreciated, I will forward it to those three friends, maybe they can bring it to their doctors. I do believe that hypothyroidism does lead to excessive dry and sometimes itchy skin. Thank you so much. Much appreciated.
Thanks, the only other thing I can think to mention is B6 over dose (that's why I wondered if they were taking any supplements) as I had years of misery with this, only recently identified and resolved. Although the itching was sporadic, intense and body-wide, it progressed to a neuropathy type pain for a brief while. It doesn't sound like this is what they have, but just for your consideration.

OP
TheDolphin

TheDolphin

Forum Supporter
I found this:

Ar they taking supplements? They don't believe in supplements, as they are not covered by insurances --I know they take B12, baby aspirin, beta blocker, metformin, topical cortisone for one, oral cortisone for the other one (that's how the doctors fix itchy skin--cortisone--two of them have been taking it for years). That's about it. Oh and Vitamin D3/K2. That's it. When I visit I tend to take a look at what they take, out of curiosity.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you. What would you recommend to assist in detox/liver support?
A low toxin and low "vitamin A" diet and lifestyle will improve liver function which will also improve thyroid function. Below is a starter diet guide:

OP
TheDolphin

TheDolphin

Forum Supporter
A low toxin and low "vitamin A" diet and lifestyle will improve liver function which will also improve thyroid function. Below is a starter diet guide:

thank you...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals