IV prednisone post MS diagnosis

Fitch

Back in 2018, I was diagnosed with MS as a 20yo male. The immediate response from my doctor was to give 3 weeks, once daily, of IV corticosteroids. The 3 weeks I was on this weren't the most enjoyable, I wasn't able to sleep, was depressed, and all the usual side effects.

My issue arises starting 1 week after my last infusion. From that 1st week post infusion lasting until 5 weeks post infusion was the best mental state I've ever had. No anxiety, no racing of thoughts, I was able to do everything I wanted to do and was able to abstain from every bad behavior without dwelling on the urges to partake in such behaviors. The mental silence and absence of overthinking was so blissful and I've never been able to experience anything like it since.

What I am asking of you all, who I'm very grateful for, is an explanation as to 1. Why this would have happened? 2. How to best replicate this mental state? (Or at least the approaches you think that would get me in the right direction) I do want to state that I know corticosteroids cause euphoria and I have to state it was far from just that.

Any and all theories and advice is welcomed!

Thank you again and God bless!

GTW

A doctor prescribed im methyl prednisolone shot for severe hay fever. For 4-5 weeks I was Superman. Then aching squeaking joints, back pain from muscle spasms, reduced immune system led to shingles.
Not worth it. Long term corticosteroids are like burning the house interior and furniture to stay warm.
I moved to an area where I didn't get hay fever.

mostlylurking

What I am asking of you all, who I'm very grateful for, is an explanation as to 1. Why this would have happened? 2. How to best replicate this mental state? (Or at least the approaches you think that would get me in the right direction) I do want to state that I know corticosteroids cause euphoria and I have to state it was far from just that.
I don't know why you would have experienced the improvements via taking corticosteroids (or rather, stopping taking the corticosteroids). My one experience with a single injection 50 years ago caused negative hormonal reactions 6 weeks after the shot.

However, your mental state improvement and the negative symptoms that you were/are experiencing make me wonder if you are having issues with hypoxia of the brain? Brain hypoxia is a symptom of thiamine deficiency.

A few articles for your consideration:
High dose thiamine improves fatigue in multiple sclerosis

OP
F

Fitch

I don't know why you would have experienced the improvements via taking corticosteroids (or rather, stopping taking the corticosteroids). My one experience with a single injection 50 years ago caused negative hormonal reactions 6 weeks after the shot.

However, your mental state improvement and the negative symptoms that you were/are experiencing make me wonder if you are having issues with hypoxia of the brain? Brain hypoxia is a symptom of thiamine deficiency.

A few articles for your consideration:
High dose thiamine improves fatigue in multiple sclerosis

Thanks for the reply and reading material! I'll have to start supplementing thiamine and see where I can get with it.

My only guess as to the thoughts slowing down was related to the vasoconstriction affects of corticosteroids but hypoxia is something I never would have considered.

Thanks again!

mostlylurking

Thanks for the reply and reading material! I'll have to start supplementing thiamine and see where I can get with it.

My only guess as to the thoughts slowing down was related to the vasoconstriction affects of corticosteroids but hypoxia is something I never would have considered.

Thanks again!
you're welcome!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals