LED Teeth whitening product? OR/AND using a mainstream teeth whitening strip/gel/product?

Josh

Sorry I know I've already made a post on teeth whitening, but struggling to find a decent product that ingredients look half decent, the natural ones I've tried have done nothing...

Would one of them LED (Blue and red light) Mouth systems be okay from a health perspective?

and while I'm here, how detrimental would it be to use one of these mainstream teeth whitening products (Strips or gels etc)? I'd make every bit of effort to not swallow any of it.

Thanks!

Sorry I know I've already made a post on teeth whitening, but struggling to find a decent product that ingredients look half decent, the natural ones I've tried have done nothing...

Would one of them LED (Blue and red light) Mouth systems be okay from a health perspective?

and while I'm here, how detrimental would it be to use one of these mainstream teeth whitening products (Strips or gels etc)? I'd make every bit of effort to not swallow any of it.

Thanks!
I wouldn’t ruin my enamel with the teeth whitening products. I would think the red light could be something. I had good results taking a K1 with a vitamin D and calcium, everyday, but I don’t remember the dosage. Now I get the same combo, but from food instead. Grains are really hard on the teeth, especially oats. You might switch to sprouted if you eat grains so it adds nutrition, rather than depleting it. Do get you get enough calcium from food?

Blue light works synergistically with other oxidising agents like hydrogen or carbomide peroxide. It basically just increases the potential for oxidation deep in to the root of the tooth as bluelight at its wavelengths helps the peroxide penetrate deeper in to the tooth. This is not a good thing overtime, especially if your intrinsic staining are due to bacteria as oxidising agents like blue light, UV light, and hydrogen peroxide do not discriminate against the kinds of bacteria they do away with and pro oxidant agents in the presence of bacteria are not a good thing if the creation of the super oxides does not cause an increase in SOD and glutathione production which in the case of bluelight and UV seems to not be the case. There's a study i read recently with mice going deaf from having bluelight shined into their ear canal on a regular basis

You can do it maybe just the once every couple of years, but your teeth will return to the state they once was eventually as the reason for the intrinsic staining is usually because of the health of your tooth pulp. You get the added "bonus" of accelerating the teeth death though if you continue to oxidise the tissue on a too frequent basis

Redlight and IR/NIR might have some benefits in the oral cavity, but not for teeth whitening

hierundjetzt

I wouldn’t ruin my enamel with the teeth whitening products. I would think the red light could be something. I had good results taking a K1 with a vitamin D and calcium, everyday, but I don’t remember the dosage. Now I get the same combo, but from food instead. Grains are really hard on the teeth, especially oats. You might switch to sprouted if you eat grains so it adds nutrition, rather than depleting it. Do get you get enough calcium from food?
Do you mean oats are hard on the teeth because of chewing them or because of the chemical composition of them?

Do you mean oats are hard on the teeth because of chewing them or because of the chemical composition of them?
Grains are a anti-nutrient taking minerals out of the body, and they cause bone issues, like osteoporosis and break down the teeth. People who don’t eat dairy really have a challenge keeping their teeth eating a lot of grains….

“But you need to know that the presence of grains brings in it-phytic acid. No doubt, phytic acid has got several health benefits, but the concern is that the acid restricts the absorption of a few minerals, including Zinc, Iron, and Calcium.”

hierundjetzt

Grains are a anti-nutrient taking minerals out of the body, and they cause bone issues, like osteoporosis and break down the teeth. People who don’t eat dairy really have a challenge keeping their teeth eating a lot of grains….

“But you need to know that the presence of grains brings in it-phytic acid. No doubt, phytic acid has got several health benefits, but the concern is that the acid restricts the absorption of a few minerals, including Zinc, Iron, and Calcium.”

Thanks! In the winter I usually soak my oats overnight, but that may be not enough.

Thanks! In the winter I usually soak my oats overnight, but that may be not enough.
You’re welcome!

When I am trying to anti-age, trying hard to get my zinc, copper and calcium, it just isn’t worth it to me to routinely undo my efforts everyday just for a bowl of mush, and other grains.

“Sprouting definitely changes the chemical composition of the grain. The question is, does that really make a difference for our own nutrition? The differences are pretty subtle,” says Reinagel. “Sprouting makes minerals like calcium and iron more absorbable. However, mineral deficiency due to phytic acid is not really a first world problem. The only documented cases are in third world countries where their entire diet consists of one grain.” Furthermore, research suggests that phytic acid may actually have health benefits.
Reinagel advises that to take advantage of any nutritional benefits from sprouting, one should eat sprouted grains raw or minimally cooked. “Every step of processing does away with a bit of the nutrition,” she says. “With a quick sauté, there are minor losses. Boiling leads to greater losses. If you dry, mill, and bake the grain, you lose a lot of the nutrient advantages and there’s not a significant difference from any whole-grain bread.””

@hierundjetzt

“Germination. This method reduces phytic acid content by up to 40 % (Masud et al. 2007). In non-germinated cereal and legume grains a little endogenous activity is found but during germination a marked increase in phytate degrading activity was observed (Greiner and Konietzny 2006).”

“When you eat foods high in phytic acid, the molecules bind with certain minerals in your digestive tract, including:

• Calcium
  • Magnesium
  • Iron
  • Zinc
  • Chromium
  • Manganese
Once this occurs, your body no longer has access to these nutrients.”

I remember Ray Peat talking about how he destroyed his teeth with wheat germ. I don’t there is too much whitening to be done after that. You have to rebuild your teeth from the inside out….

“The following table shows the amount contained in a few high-phytate foods, as a percentage of dry weight (2Trusted Source):

FoodAmount of phytic acid
almonds0.4–9.4%
beans0.6–2.4%
Brazil nuts0.3–6.3%
hazelnuts0.2–0.9%
lentils0.3–1.5%
maize, corn0.7–2.2%
peanuts0.2–4.5%
peas0.2–1.2%
rice0.1–1.1%
rice bran2.6–8.7%
sesame seeds1.4–5.4%
soybeans1.0–2.2%
tofu0.1–2.9%
walnuts0.2–6.7%
wheat0.4–1.4%
wheat bran2.1–7.3%
wheat germ1.1–3.9%
As you can see, the phytic acid content in these foods can really vary. For example, the amount contained in almonds can range from very little to more than 20 times that amount.”

sphenoid

I use a red + blue light LED device daily and can say it really does help keep my teeth white and gums healthy. I don't use (natural) toothpaste all that often and instead focus on oil pulling (coconut), mineral water rinses, and keeping saliva output steady. I also make sure to use my tongue to clean all throughout my mouth.

I use a red + blue light LED device daily and can say it really does help keep my teeth white and gums healthy. I don't use (natural) toothpaste all that often and instead focus on oil pulling (coconut), mineral water rinses, and keeping saliva output steady. I also make sure to use my tongue to clean all throughout my mouth.
This is really good for me to hear @sphenoid. I have really good teeth, at sixty, with only two tiny fillings my whole life, no crowns or bridges, and I have healthy gums, so I am not keen on experimenting on them. I have been wanting to try the red light, but still haven’t given myself the green light on that. What device are you using? I don’t use toothpaste very often either, and opt for oil pulling and baking soda instead. I eat raw honey at night too, after brushing, to keep bacteria out of my mouth through the night.

David PS

Dr. Peat did not recommend using single wavelength lights.
54::40 - Incandescent lights vs. single wavelength LEDs

LEDs from the blue end of the visible spectrum (including indigo and violet) damaging to tissue. Red light is protective, blue light (or u.v.) is harmful,. . . Aging Eyes, Infant Eyes, and Excitable Tissues

It is not just the teeth.

1695322602225.png

sphenoid

This is really good for me to hear @sphenoid. I have really good teeth, at sixty, with only two tiny fillings my whole life, no crowns or bridges, and I have healthy gums, so I am not keen on experimenting on them. I have been wanting to try the red light, but still haven’t given myself the green light on that. What device are you using? I don’t use toothpaste very often either, and opt for oil pulling and baking soda instead. I eat raw honey at night too, after brushing, to keep bacteria out of my mouth through the night.

Amazon product ASIN B0892G4SQKView: https://www.amazon.com/Inductive-whitening-Bleaching-Light-Accelerated-BleachingTrays/dp/B0892G4SQK/ref=sr_1_7?crid=31FV3DB3O7DXA&keywords=red+light+for+teeth&qid=1695318828&s=hpc&sprefix=red+light+for+teeth%2Chpc%2C318&sr=1-7

I use this one. You have to wash the mouthpiece pretty thoroughly to get rid of any of the active residual chemicals from manufacturing/packaging but after that, it's easy to use. During/after a session, you will feel your mouth pulse slightly, its quite a nice feeling actually. I've combined it with some diluted methylene blue mouthwash and it seems to potentiate the benefits.

There are variable wavelengths at least described by the manufacturer.

Blu: 450-500 nm
Red: 625-740 nm

Amazon product ASIN B0892G4SQKView: https://www.amazon.com/Inductive-whitening-Bleaching-Light-Accelerated-BleachingTrays/dp/B0892G4SQK/ref=sr_1_7?crid=31FV3DB3O7DXA&keywords=red+light+for+teeth&qid=1695318828&s=hpc&sprefix=red+light+for+teeth%2Chpc%2C318&sr=1-7

I use this one. You have to wash the mouthpiece pretty thoroughly to get rid of any of the active residual chemicals from manufacturing/packaging but after that, it's easy to use. During/after a session, you will feel your mouth pulse slightly, its quite a nice feeling actually. I've combined it with some diluted methylene blue mouthwash and it seems to potentiate the benefits.

There are variable wavelengths at least described by the manufacturer.

Blu: 450-500 nm
Red: 625-740 nm
My teeth are pretty white right now, but I will look into it more, for possible future use, thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals