Life long hypertension resolved in 4 days

TheCodez

As noted in the title, I've had hypertension for at least 30 years, and in recent years it's been slowly creeping up ever higher. For a few years now I'd say 150/100 has been the norm. I've searched the forum and haven't really seen where anyone has really found a great way to lower theirs, so I thought that I'd post my experience.

I've been no fan of cardio, but Friday I took a notion to put an hour in on a stationary bicycle and see what happened. Then again on Saturday and Monday then Tuesday. Monday my BP was lower, and Tuesday lower still. Today my BP is even lower at 127/81, 14 hours after my last bike ride.

So there ya go. That's my experience so far. I'll continue peddling and see where I end up.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing... I know so many people of all ages with high blood pressure. I know serotonin can be a problem but I haven't figured out a quick way to help them. For most, an hour of cardio is completely out of question.

𝙁𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩~𝙩𝙚𝙚

Forum Supporter
There’s an article from Forefront health on high blood pressure. It’s helped me out a couple of times when I was having bp issues in the past. I’m so happy the cardio worked for you, but I’m not able to do workouts like that anymore. Low thyroid, unbalanced minerals etc were the reason for my high bp.

OP
T

TheCodez

Thanks for sharing... I know so many people of all ages with high blood pressure. I know serotonin can be a problem but I haven't figured out a quick way to help them. For most, an hour of cardio is completely out of question.
Yeah that's so true and terribly unfortunate. I've been unwell for so long that at this point I'd do just about anything to regain my health. A couple hours working out per day is totally worth it to me.

Runenight201

Nice dude I’m finding the same. Any human being who isn’t keeping themselves in top cardio respiratory shape is leaving the ripest fruit on the table.

My favorite article I read was one showing that after decades of research into diseases of senescence, they found that the best thing anyone could do to lower their risk was to diet and exercise. No pill comes close.

I just started running again and taking it seriously. No days off, every morning up and out for a run, respecting my body, making sure I’m well fed and hydrated, and i can feel it paying off. I can ******* relax now and just breath without feeling super uptight and short of breath all the time. Some days I may go super hard, others days it’s just a walk/jog, whatever my body will allow.

Diet is important ofc to reap the benefits of exercise. But diet alone is literally leaving 50% of the gains on the table.

Atman

Have you tried going for a walk for an hour each day? Would be interesting to compare these two methods.
When you are peddling for an hour, what's the instensity? Are you still able to breathe through your nose while doing so?

OP
T

TheCodez

Have you tried going for a walk for an hour each day? Would be interesting to compare these two methods.
When you are peddling for an hour, what's the instensity? Are you still able to breathe through your nose while doing so?
I have. Neither walking or even heavy lifting have the same antihypertensive effect. Peddling intensity is probably between 70 and 80 percent.

cremes

You should consider trying out heavyhands as a cardio workout. Cycling is nice, but it's a 2-limb cardio exercise. Fully 60% of your muscle is in your trunk and arms but cycling doesn't improve them at all.

Google for "Leonard Schwartz heavyhands" and consider that as an alternative (check youtube too). You'll achieve many more METs with less effort; plus you don't need to do it for an hour a day (though you could). I usually do 20m a day now with 4lb weights at a 120 stroke/minute tempo.

killy

As noted in the title, I've had hypertension for at least 30 years, and in recent years it's been slowly creeping up ever higher. For a few years now I'd say 150/100 has been the norm. I've searched the forum and haven't really seen where anyone has really found a great way to lower theirs, so I thought that I'd post my experience.

I've been no fan of cardio, but Friday I took a notion to put an hour in on a stationary bicycle and see what happened. Then again on Saturday and Monday then Tuesday. Monday my BP was lower, and Tuesday lower still. Today my BP is even lower at 127/81, 14 hours after my last bike ride.

So there ya go. That's my experience so far. I'll continue peddling and see where I end up.
Hey, I’d love to know where you are at now with your blood pressure, is it staying down still?

OP
T

TheCodez

Hey, I’d love to know where you are at now with your blood pressure, is it staying down still?
Holding steady at 122/79

The only time it gets higher at rest is when I take methylene blue. MB pushes it up to 130/88 for a couple days.

I'm still biking 30 minutes per day, 6 days per week at about 70% capacity. I keep having to increase the resistance though as my capabilities increase. Additionally my pants are much tighter around my quads now.

I've also started a little lifting and some battle rope.

killy

Holding steady at 122/79

The only time it gets higher at rest is when I take methylene blue. MB pushes it up to 130/88 for a couple days.

I'm still biking 30 minutes per day, 6 days per week at about 70% capacity. I keep having to increase the resistance though as my capabilities increase. Additionally my pants are much tighter around my quads now.

I've also started a little lifting and some battle rope.
Wow that is fantastic. Think I need to try this too

OP
T

TheCodez

Hey @TheCodez! Have you been able to maintain a low blood pressure?
I have not. The bicycle ended up aggregating another issue so I had to stop and my blood pressure happily went right back to 150/100.

This week I picked up a Concept 2 rower and am hoping to see the same effect. So far it's made very little difference though, which puzzles me as this feels 3 times as intense as the bike. I've only used it for 3 days so far though and only one of those was really intense, so I'm hopeful that I just need a bit more time with it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals