Looking for some health feedback on Male Hormone labs

Eclipse

Hey everyone!

I've recently discovered Ray Peat (and some others following similar methodologies) after realizing I may have some hormonal imbalances or issues. I'm male, 32, and fairly active (weights, walking, running). Around 4-5 months ago, I developed gynecomastia - doctor verified - under my right nipple after gaining ~10 lbs in 2-3 months during a "bulk." I'm fairly certain that I had a small lump under my right nipple before this point (probably started during puberty?), but whatever I did during that period increased the size and tenderness.

Here are some other symptoms I'm encountering:
- Hair loss on my crown to my forehead.
- My hairline is receding quite substantially.
- Low energy, always tired even after a long night of sleep.
- Low libido.
- Poor recovery from workouts.
- Fat accumulation around the waist and hips.
- High levels of stress regardless of the situation. (A more mid grade, chronic stress, even when not in a stressful situation.)
- Irritable.

I've attached my most recent male hormone blood test to this thread.

I'm hoping that others are able to help understand the results, what they might indicate, and things I can do to improve my health. I know all of the markers are within the "normal" range, but I'm thinking normal != optimal.

Note: the blood test was taken faster at 7:50 am.

Thanks!

Attachments

• BloodTest.png
    BloodTest.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

mgrabs

Hey everyone!

I've recently discovered Ray Peat (and some others following similar methodologies) after realizing I may have some hormonal imbalances or issues. I'm male, 32, and fairly active (weights, walking, running). Around 4-5 months ago, I developed gynecomastia - doctor verified - under my right nipple after gaining ~10 lbs in 2-3 months during a "bulk." I'm fairly certain that I had a small lump under my right nipple before this point (probably started during puberty?), but whatever I did during that period increased the size and tenderness.

- Low libido.
- High levels of stress regardless of the situation. (A more mid grade, chronic stress, even when not in a stressful situation.)
- Irritable.

I'm hoping that others are able to help understand the results, what they might indicate, and things I can do to improve my health. I know all of the markers are within the "normal" range, but I'm thinking normal != optimal.

Thanks!
What is your thyroid levels? Did you test all thyroid markers?

L_C

Fat around waist/hips is usually a sign of elevated cortisol even though yours is normal.

Personally, I would drop running. What is your diet like?

OP
E

Eclipse

Fat around waist/hips is usually a sign of elevated cortisol even though yours is normal.

Personally, I would drop running. What is your diet like?
This is a general day: 2-4L of whole milk, 5 eggs, 16 oz of orange juice, and then a dinner with the wife and kids. Dinners would be something like: a meat (beef, chicken, turkey), fruit (strawberry, berries, orange) and a carbohydrate source (potato or rice).

All foods are typically organic, the milk is low heat pasteurized and grass fed. We eat out for dinner a bit more than we should, and typically it’s probably a bit too much and not the healthiest. Things like pizza, Thai, Mexican, etc. maybe twice or three days per week.

L_C

This is a general day: 2-4L of whole milk, 5 eggs, 16 oz of orange juice, and then a dinner with the wife and kids. Dinners would be something like: a meat (beef, chicken, turkey), fruit (strawberry, berries, orange) and a carbohydrate source (potato or rice).

All foods are typically organic, the milk is low heat pasteurized and grass fed. We eat out for dinner a bit more than we should, and typically it’s probably a bit too much and not the healthiest. Things like pizza, Thai, Mexican, etc. maybe twice or three days per week.
Diet would be the first thing I would fix. Restaurant eating is loaded with pufa. Usually, people on the forum would advise to take it with vitamin E (like tocovit).

Try to order healthier choices from the menu. Wheat typically causes lot of gut inflammation. Try to minimize stress as well.

Rescue story

Not to get personal but I had a vasectomy when I was 32. Im 69 now but I have had health problems including what you are talking about ever since. Including what you are talking about. Im just curious if that may be a possibility?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone!

- Low libido.
- Irritable.

Thanks!
What foods did you add when you started the bulk? Was it perhaps more milk?
I tend to get irritation at the front of my scalp when I eat specific gut irritating foods.
The elevated prolactin can be from: sex the night before, suboptimal thyroid function, low dopamine, certain nutritional deficiencies or opioids (such as those found in milk and grains (gluten)).

OP
E

Eclipse

What foods did you add when you started the bulk? Was it perhaps more milk?
I tend to get irritation at the front of my scalp when I eat specific gut irritating foods.
The elevated prolactin can be from: sex the night before, suboptimal thyroid function, low dopamine, certain nutritional deficiencies or opioids (such as those found in milk and grains (gluten)).
It was more milk! I started a milk-based fast (~gallon) and then eventually brought back in some my old foods.

I naturally have a low appetite and poor digestion, and milk was the first thing I could tolerate pretty well and consume a lot of, which is helpful when trying to put on weight/muscle.

We can definitely eliminate the sex the night before, since that was something I refrained from per directions.

What are your thoughts on the labs overall? Is there anything that sticks out at abnormal or worth improving?

OP
E

Eclipse

Not to get personal but I had a vasectomy when I was 32. Im 69 now but I have had health problems including what you are talking about ever since. Including what you are talking about. Im just curious if that may be a possibility?
Hey! Thanks for reaching out. I have not had a vasectomy, but I imagine there could be other causes that are similar.

Hans

Forum Supporter
It was more milk! I started a milk-based fast (~gallon) and then eventually brought back in some my old foods.

I naturally have a low appetite and poor digestion, and milk was the first thing I could tolerate pretty well and consume a lot of, which is helpful when trying to put on weight/muscle.

We can definitely eliminate the sex the night before, since that was something I refrained from per directions.

What are your thoughts on the labs overall? Is there anything that sticks out at abnormal or worth improving?
I think the increase in milk is what caused the rapid weight gain and then the nipple sensitivity as well. I'd like to see your estradiol below 30, but yours wasn't sky-high or anything. It's more likely the prolactin that's the issues, which has likely increased due to the milk. A lot of people are sensitive to A1 casein and tolerate A2 milk (such as goat milk) much better.
Nothing on your labs was shocking, just non-ideal. It might be that your T3 isn't ideal and this leads to low LH and testosterone and elevated prolactin and estradiol to testosterone ratio.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals