Looking For Steroid Abusers; Progesterone Therapy

TreasureVibe

I am looking for steroid abusers and those that have information that could help. According to Dr. Peat, progesterone is able to remove estrogen that sits in the tissues of the body from the body. See:

I am a steroid abuser myself. I would be a case where typically alot of estrogen is just sitting in my tissues, from the conversion of the synthetic testosterone that I injected. I never exercised much at all during the injections, so all of that testosterone went unused, hence the body massively converting it.

I want to improve stuff. I want to clear my body of its estrogen burden. I read some posts of people here who also said progesterone alleviated their stressed state of previous steroid abuse. I want my life back, I want to regain control again. So I need any information and experiences of people like me, to see if what I will be doing is right.

My plan is simple. Get the liver working through Peat nutrients, and then start taking a Progest-E drop per day, or per 2 days.

People here told me that progesterone caused estrogenic symptoms. I told those people it might be tissue estrogen getting in the bloodstream which causes the estrogenic effect. If in those cases the liver is not functioning I can understand why those people complain about those symptoms.

I hope people have good information for me to help me on my way.

Experienced people, let me know!

For better health!!

Dhair

I am looking for steroid abusers and those that have information that could help. According to Dr. Peat, progesterone is able to remove estrogen that sits in the tissues of the body from the body. See:

I am a steroid abuser myself. I would be a case where typically alot of estrogen is just sitting in my tissues, from the conversion of the synthetic testosterone that I injected. I never exercised much at all during the injections, so all of that testosterone went unused, hence the body massively converting it.

I want to improve stuff. I want to clear my body of its estrogen burden. I read some posts of people here who also said progesterone alleviated their stressed state of previous steroid abuse. I want my life back, I want to regain control again. So I need any information and experiences of people like me, to see if what I will be doing is right.

My plan is simple. Get the liver working through Peat nutrients, and then start taking a Progest-E drop per day, or per 2 days.

People here told me that progesterone caused estrogenic symptoms. I told those people it might be tissue estrogen getting in the bloodstream which causes the estrogenic effect. If in those cases the liver is not functioning I can understand why those people complain about those symptoms.

For better health!!

How long did you use steroids for, and what kind were they?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

How long did you use steroids for, and what kind were they?
I used testosterone enanthate 150 or 250 mg (I forgot) injections once per week for 10 weeks, and metandienone pills every day, about 200mg total, 50 mg per pill if I remember correctly. Afterwards I used tamoxifen 50 mg per day for 4 weeks or something like that.

RisingSun

For better health!!

The E2 "sitting there in your tissues" is a false theory that you made for yourself and started believing in to explain how you feel after discontinuing AAS.

To begin with, there was a lot of T in your tissues at the time of injection which was compensating just fine with the increased E2 that ensued.

Second, upon AAS discontinuation, all hormones are being recycled and flushed, none is "sitting there" and waiting to be flushed by yet another medication.

I would suggest to draw bloods and see were all your serum values sit at.

Dhair

The E2 "sitting there in your tissues" is a false theory that you made for yourself and started believing in to explain how you feel after discontinuing AAS.

To begin with, there was a lot of T in your tissues at the time of injection which was compensating just fine with the increased E2 that ensued.

Second, upon AAS discontinuation, all hormones are being recycled and flushed, none is "sitting there" and waiting to be flushed by yet another medication.

I would suggest to draw bloods and see were all your serum values sit at.
Serum measurements of hormones do not reflect tissue levels. Estrogen absolutely builds up in tissues. It's basically identical to how PUFA affects tissues.
Exogenous testosterone in men doesn't work as you describe it. If the person is already under stress, which is likely why their T is low in the first place, then most of it will convert to estrogen and significantly worsen the person's overall mental and physical state of being. I think that most men have a difficult time with testosterone replacement therapy.

Dhair

I used testosterone enanthate 150 or 250 mg (I forgot) injections once per week for 10 weeks, and metandienone pills every day, about 200mg total, 50 mg per pill if I remember correctly. Afterwards I used tamoxifen 50 mg per day for 4 weeks or something like that.
I am kind of in the same boat as you. I used testosterone for a couple months and things got a lot worse for me. I've been off for a little over a month now, and I think I'm just getting back to baseline. You might want to try vitamin E and progesterone. I don't think anyone can tell you how progesterone will affect you. You just have to experiment with it and see what happens. I think it would be a good idea to get some labs and check your LH to see how high it is.

RisingSun

Serum measurements of hormones do not reflect tissue levels. Estrogen absolutely builds up in tissues. It's basically identical to how PUFA affects tissues.
Exogenous testosterone in men doesn't work as you describe it. If the person is already under stress, which is likely why their T is low in the first place, then most of it will convert to estrogen and significantly worsen the person's overall mental and physical state of being. I think that most men have a difficult time with testosterone replacement therapy.

I prescribe Testosterone and have a slight idea of how it works.

Without trying to make an authoritative point, tissue accumulation is a falacy, hormones get permanently flushed and renewed

Dhair

Without trying to make an authoritative point, tissue accumulation is a falacy, hormones get permanently flushed and renewed
What is the mechanism of this "flushing" and "renewing" process? Have you read any of Ray Peat's work?

benaoao

I don’t know for how long methylestradiol (from dianabol, and god dammit what a stupid dose!) is active. @RisingSun i’ve never found much about this specific metabolite. I’m just very wary of it - especially when using something like trestolone decanoate

That on top of the suppression, and the massive doses of Nolvadex... reckless cycle. I guess no aromatase inhibitor was used, ever?

On the other hand that was a short duration. I have no idea what was expected before running such a cycle, but the only answer that is correct is - get bloods done. LH,FSH,SHBG,T, free T,e2. You’ll get a better picture of what’s going on. You can only speculate about what’s happening in the tissue

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Thank you for the replies everyone, as you can see the tissue estrogen theory is disputed and I would like to know the truth... And what would the point of blood work be if it cannot represent tissue levels of estrogen?

I need the truth...

If I recall correctly the metandienone pill dose was lower, either totaling around 50 mg daily but I might be wrong. Reckless it was indeed!

The progest-E has made me more calm, I feel more present on earth now. I am uncertain to tell wether I am just feeling like someone high on estrogen or someone with healthy male hormones.

I can't just go to the doctor and request a hormone panel as much as I would like to. The doctor will tell me "You're fine" and send me home. The costs for blood values (which I have done in the past) won't be worth it to my doctor. I'm sorry everyone but this is just how it is currently. I can demand a blood test and get it done, but it would make for an uncomfortable situation for my doctor and staff and me... Only to be told by the doctor, "See, nothing wrong!" Afterward as he/she would interpret any blood level panel as healthy.

Is this the estrogen speaking? Is doing and feeling what is wise in a calm and assertive way estrogenic, or virile?

Last edited:

Dhair

Thank you for the replies everyone, as you can see the tissue estrogen theory is disputed and I would like to know the truth... And what would the point of blood work be if it cannot represent tissue levels of estrogen?

I need the truth...

If I recall correctly the metandienone pill dose was lower, either totaling around 50 mg daily but I might be wrong. Reckless it was indeed!

The progest-E has made me more calm, I feel more present on earth now. I am uncertain to tell wether I am just feeling like someone high on estrogen or someone with healthy male hormones.

I can't just go to the doctor and request a hormone panel as much as I would like to. The doctor will tell me "You're fine" and send me home. The costs for blood values (which I have done in the past) won't be worth it to my doctor. I'm sorry everyone but this is just how it is currently. I can demand a blood test and get it done, but it would make for an uncomfortable situation for my doctor and staff and me... Only to be told by the doctor, "See, nothing wrong!" Afterward as he/she would interpret any blood level panel as healthy.

Is this the estrogen speaking? Is doing and feeling what is wise in a calm and assertive way estrogenic, or virile?
So is the progesterone helping? How much are you taking?
There's a handful of people on here who have been using DHT with great success. This is something Ray actually recommends for people coming off testosterone. There are some foreign suppliers that are easy to reach out to. Progesterone and DHT should work very well together.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

So is the progesterone helping? How much are you taking?
There's a handful of people on here who have been using DHT with great success. This something Ray actually recommends for people coming off testosterone. There are some foreign suppliers that are easy to reach out to. Progesterone and DHT should work very well together
I only took it once topically, but felt immediate effect afterward. Felt more "dry" or so to speak. Just overall much less stressed, more strong mentally like I know other older men to be. Strong yet in a calm way. Like those men in old Western movies. Calm, wise, more able to choose and do what is best for myself instead of for others. More secure.

Previously I could be all over the place emotionally while talking personally with people, and now that doesn't feel like the case anymore.

Last edited:

Dave Clark

I only took it once topically, but felt immediate effect afterward. Felt more "dry" or so to speak. Just overall much less stressed, more strong mentally like I know other older men to be. Strong yet in a calm way. Like those men in old Western movies. Calm, wise, more able to choose and do what is best for myself instead of for others. More secure.

Previously I could be all over the place emotionally with people, and now that doesn't feel like the case anymore.
Did you only take it once topically (inferring that you now take it orally), or did you mean once period? If you only took it once, I awould wonder why since you described the symptoms in such a positive way.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Did you only take it once topically (inferring that you now take it orally), or did you mean once period? If you only took it once, I awould wonder why since you described the symptoms in such a positive way.
I only took it once, one drop on the scrotum of Progest-E (approx. 4 to 5 mg of progesterone). And never took it orally.

The scrotum has the highest skin permeability of the whole body in a man, together with the earlobes. People who would take a bath in champagne would get drunk, because the liquor was absorbing through the scrotum.

I only took it once for now because I want to assess what is happening, lol. I would normally just go for it and take more of it in my more unstable mind before I took it, but this new state of mind is just so much more calm, making me take the time and report on it, and assess the effects in a relaxed way.

Before the Progest-E I was noticing lately how I felt water retention beneath my knees. I never had this before in my life. Now that I feel again post Progest-E, I notice the water retention is gone. Or atleast less palpable, I can't fully attest wether it increased or decreased but it feels more tightened now, while before I could literally feel this loose patch of 'fat'. (Which is water retention)

Last edited:

RisingSun

The E2 staying in tissue theory only holds for Clomid use.

It is an E2 agonist in certain tissues, and does so for at least 3 months after the last dose.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

It is an E2 agonist in certain tissues, and does so for at least 3 months after the last dose.
So wait a minute. Are you saying that the estrogen being stored in tissue is a myth, or that it actually gets stored in the tissue but the removal effects of progesterone (as Dr. Peat said in the interview) is a myth?

Because previously you were saying that estrogen doesn't get stored in tissues at all, and that hormones would just get flushed and renewed.

Don't get me wrong here but I am just trying to figure out what is right.

Baltazar

Progesterone won't help

It will break you into pieces

Take it every once in a while

vulture

I'm not trying to be an ***hole here but trying to keep an interesting discussion going, so, I'll repeat @Dhair 's question:
What is the mechanism of this "flushing" and "renewing" process?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals