Losartan and Potassium?

MountainMouse

I’m in the process of getting my thyroid dialed in and want to bring down my blood pressure using Losartan (hopefully short term). I’m starting low at 25mg at night. Is there any concern with getting too much potassium from things like (coconut water, juice, LMNT, etc).

I am already noticing feeling a bit calmer during the day since starting and my BP is down from 145/90 to 130/85.

Any other advice welcome regarding Losartan and blood pressure.

Thank you!

145/90 is not particularly high.Why do you want to medicate? Probably getting adequate alkaline metals in your diet will bring it to normal levels, along with thyroid.

OP
M

MountainMouse

145/90 is not particularly high.Why do you want to medicate? Probably getting adequate alkaline metals in your diet will bring it to normal levels, along with thyroid.
Hi Hamster,

I am dealing with really high adrenaline so I can have episodes where it would push into the mid 150’s. I’m noticing it’s getting better on thyroid as my system adjusts.

Good call on the metals - will increase.

Did you have high BP and one point and resolve it?

Mine was high for a bit, when I was doing low carb. Now it’s normal. I would be hesitant about blood pressure medication. If you have high adrenaline, you are right to be addressing thyroid Issues.

Pablo Cruise

I’m in the process of getting my thyroid dialed in and want to bring down my blood pressure using Losartan (hopefully short term). I’m starting low at 25mg at night. Is there any concern with getting too much potassium from things like (coconut water, juice, LMNT, etc).

I am already noticing feeling a bit calmer during the day since starting and my BP is down from 145/90 to 130/85.

Any other advice welcome regarding Losartan and blood pressure.

Thank you!
You do need to medicate. Don't worry about your K+ unless you are taking K+ supplements. Your current dose of Losarten is too low. Consider your doc might, order it twice daily. There are reports of rebound hypertension when taken once daily as the manufacturer has pushed for.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals