Lost Libido

Koveras

Libido was decent not great not bad. I have no idea what changed. Been trying to figure that out for the last two months.

Would be interested to test prolactin

TSH is low - no thyroid product?

OP
Healthia

Healthia

What are all your supplement
A TO Z ?

CREATINE ?
FISH OIL ???.....

• No, no creatine for a year (and that was the first and last time I used it)

• I used to use fish oil but Peat said it's a PUFA so stopped about a year ago

TubZy

150mg of pregnenolone and 5mg dhea orally fixed my libido- "big league"

You take way too much daily vitamin D and zinc, IMO. D is fat soluble which makes it dangerous if you don't check your blood levels while taking such a high amount. I think both K's you're taking are also too much, also fat soluble. Whole milk has too much fat for daily use as well. See Peat on whole milk here: Ice Cream Causes Anxiety Attacks

I think between the whole milk, butter, and CO you're fat intake is too high. Beef Liver can be toxic if consumed too frequently. Twice a week is too much. Once every two weeks is better, because of the vitamin A, also fat soluble. Stop all masturbation. Libido has more to do with how attracted you are to your partner(s).

Last edited:

Lightbringer

My estradiol was done using RIA technology and normal range for a male using RIA is: 53-63 pg/ml
My level is: 15.9 pg/ml
Can you get another test from a different lab using some other approach (LC/MS or even Eclia)? That may set your mind at ease as these values could vary a lot. In the meantime, perhaps stopping the Cal/Mag/Zinc supplements would be an option. As westside mentioned you could also play around with reducing fat consumption.

DrJ

The other thing that could be inhibiting libido which I don't think anyone has mentioned is high endotoxin. You can try daily carrot salad or activated charcoal and also some coconut oil to reduce endotoxin. For me, carrot salad didn't seem to sit well (but it might for you), so I switched to taking 3x 260mg pills of activated charcoal each night before bed and it has worked wonders for keeping libido and temperature up. If you take vitamins, don't take them too close to taking activated charcoal since it can bind those and keep them from being absorbed. Others might be right about taking too much of certain vitamins/minerals. I think too much zinc can inhibit libido. Maybe just take it once a week. Also, dopamine levels can definitely affect libido, but I haven't figured out enough about keeping dopamine up to speak to it intelligently. Maybe other topics on the forum can help or others can chime in.

milk_lover

I have experimented with zinc many times. I think it may increase prolactin, which might decrease libido. For some reason, it bloats me. Peat is not a big fan of zinc supplement btw and he advises to get it from food like seafood, beef/lamb and others.

You take way too much daily vitamin D and zinc, IMO. D is fat soluble which makes it dangerous if you don't check your blood levels while taking such a high amount. I think both K's you're taking are also too much, also fat soluble. Whole milk has too much fat for daily use as well. See Peat on whole milk here: Ice Cream Causes Anxiety Attacks

I think between the whole milk, butter, and CO you're fat intake is too high. Beef Liver can be toxic if consumed too frequently. Twice a week is too much. Once every two weeks is better, because of the vitamin A, also fat soluble. Stop all masturbation. Libido has more to do with how attracted you are to your partner(s).

@Westside PUFAs

As i know

Vitamin d
Is safe as long as it is under 10 000 iu

OP
Healthia

Healthia

The other thing that could be inhibiting libido which I don't think anyone has mentioned is high endotoxin. You can try daily carrot salad or activated charcoal and also some coconut oil to reduce endotoxin. For me, carrot salad didn't seem to sit well (but it might for you), so I switched to taking 3x 260mg pills of activated charcoal each night before bed and it has worked wonders for keeping libido and temperature up. If you take vitamins, don't take them too close to taking activated charcoal since it can bind those and keep them from being absorbed. Others might be right about taking too much of certain vitamins/minerals. I think too much zinc can inhibit libido. Maybe just take it once a week. Also, dopamine levels can definitely affect libido, but I haven't figured out enough about keeping dopamine up to speak to it intelligently. Maybe other topics on the forum can help or others can chime in.

I have been incorporating the carrot salad for quite a while now. Good thinking though!

Last edited:
OP
Healthia

Healthia

Can you get another test from a different lab using some other approach (LC/MS or even Eclia)? That may set your mind at ease as these values could vary a lot. In the meantime, perhaps stopping the Cal/Mag/Zinc supplements would be an option. As westside mentioned you could also play around with reducing fat consumption.

Yes, that is definitely on my next blood work agenda.

OP
Healthia

Healthia

I will be backing down on the zinc to 11mg per day (I rarely eat enough shellfish or red meat to use that as my zinc source and other sources such as nuts, seeds and legumes are not recommended because of PUFA and anti-thyroid effects). As far as the Vitamin D goes I will probably continue with the 5,000 iu per day I will explain why. You are correct... if someone has sufficient levels of vitamin d already then 5,000 iu would be too much (1,000 - 2,000 iu would be sufficient) however I am deficient.

During the summer my levels are fine (and so is my libido) but in the winter my blood levels of Vitamin d gets down to 30 ng/ml which is way too low. I actually just started the vitamin d about a week and half ago and will continue until April-May. For my low blood levels, 5,000 iu of vitamin d is spot on so that I can get my blood levels up in the 50-60 ng/ml (see attached graph). There is also quite a bit of lag time as to when vitamin d is started and when the vitamin actually starts to increase in the blood which is why some doctors will prescribe a one time megadose for individuals whom are severely deficient. Once the desired blood level is reached in these individuals from the mega-dose a much lower daily dose is then used to keep the levels steady. I learned the hard way that taking vitamin d without vitamin k is worse than being vitamin d deficient. Current recommended K/D ratio that I have researched are 100-200 mcg of vitamin K per every 1,000 iu of vitamin d (so 500-1,000 mcg of vitamin K per day for me). I learned about this the hard way. And you are correct that vitamin d supplements are no joke and can cause serious health issues if all cofactors are not present or is taken in too high of a dose. Case in point: when I was taking vitamin d all by itself (no co-factors) two years ago I had horrible joint pains and a 24-hour-a-day muscle spasm in my left arm that didn't go away until I stopped taking vitamin d. The reason I was experiencing these side effects was because I was not taking vitamin k. I could write quite a bit about the importance of vitamin k when taking vitamin d but I think everyone here knows how to google ;). Bottom line vitamin d without taking vitamin k puts calcium in all the wrong the places in your body: tendons, kidneys, arteries, heart etc...

Other important co-factors for vitamin d are:
  • Magnesium
  • Vitamin K
  • Zinc
  • Boron
  • Vitamin A
Please all who are reading this do your research before starting vitamin d.

My reasons for eating 3 oz of liver twice a week is because I want to get my vitamin A from a food source. Since 3 oz. of liver has 15,000 iu of vitamin A and I eat it twice a week I am getting roughly 30,000 iu for the 7 day week. Since vit A is fat soluble my body is storing the Vit A that I eat and slowly releasing it over the week. I eat 3 oz on Monday which gives me 15,000 iu until I eat another 3 oz. on thursday. So doing the math I am getting 5,000 iu per day on this regimen... not a lot. Vitamin A is a HUGE co-factor in hormone production and is especially important when taking vitamin d. Most food sources have a downside and liver is no exception, Peat himself despite advocating eating liver stated that there are some bad things about it (iron and poorly balanced amino acid profile) but the pros outweighed the few cons. With that said, I get all of my vitamin k2 (Mk-7) from eating 4 oz of non-GMO Natto twice a week. Since my estrogen is too low anyway I don't have a big concern about the estrogenic effects of soy, but in the research I have done the fermenting process of Natto destroys much of the estrogen mimics. I also don't have the thyroid concern of legumes because my TSH is 0.778, this is actually the only legume or bean that I eat, so I'll take the few negative effects of eating 3-4 oz of Natto twice per week to get my vitamin K2 (MK-7) from a non-GMO food source (this is the company I get mine from). Keep in mind that if you are taking MK-7 as a supplement it is probably either synthetic or is derived from GMO Natto soybeans.

Keep in mind the Liver, the Vitamin D, and the Natto (MK-7) and MK-4 supplements are recent additions in my response to my dampened libido. I've been on this protocol for about 11 days and the last two days I'm actually starting to get quite amorous again. This is after 2 and half months of not wanting to masturbate, not finding anything sexual appealing in the least, and no sex. So this is good news!! I also received all my new supplents from IdeaLab (Haidut's company) and am going to give this protocol a try.

Last edited:
OP
Healthia

Healthia

For my low blood levels, 5,000 iu of vitamin d is spot on so that I can get my blood levels up in the 50-60 ng/ml (see attached graph). [/QUOTE]

Attachments

• Vitamin-D-Recovery-chart-for-dose.png
    Vitamin-D-Recovery-chart-for-dose.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 56
@Healthia

I take 5000 iu on a daily basis

Without any other supplement other than vitamin e sometimes

And my milk I got about 1000 iu per day

Because I do about 4 quart of whole milk a day

OP
Healthia

Healthia

@Healthia

I take 5000 iu on a daily basis

Without any other supplement other than vitamin e sometimes

And my milk I got about 1000 iu per day

Because I do about 4 quart of whole milk a day
Be careful. Do proper research. Vitamin D without co-factor supplementation can cause harmful calcium deposits in arteries, tendons and organs.

OP
Healthia

Healthia

***********Update 11-29-2016************

My libido has come back with a vengeance! After months of absolutely no sexual desire I have, in the past 4 days become VERY amorous. Without going in to too much detail lets just say that the last 4 days have left me a little depleted ;). Also, until the last 4 days I was not waking up with any morning or nocturnal erections and my penis looked thinner than normal and atrophied when flaccid. All that has changed!! I now wake up in the middle of the night and in the morning with the kind of erections I used to get in my teens and early 20s (I'm 50) and now my penis is it's normal length/girth when flaccid. Since my diet (mostly Peat Inspired) has remained consistent even during the lost libido I think it has something to do with the supplement regimen I started in response to my libido issue. I started taking these supplements approximately 25 days ago but it took about 21 days to show improvement in my condition. Here are the supplements I took:

• 5,000 iu vitamin D
• 3 mg Boron
• 11 mg Zinc Picolinate
• 500 mg Magnesium Carbonate
• 500 mg Calcium
• 5 mg DHEA 2x per day
• Vitamin K2 (mk-4 and Mk-7) I will expand more on this as my dosage varied
• 3-4 oz Grass Fed Beef Liver 2x per week (mostly for Vitamin A)
• 4 oz Natto twice per week
• Milk Thistle (for enhanced liver function)

The amount of vitamin D that I took was based on blood work that showed me as deficient. If you are not deficient extra vitamin D will probably not help and may possibly harm you (please read back through the thread if you plan on taking vitamin D, there are important co-factors that must be taken in order not to do damage to your body).

I also did a little accidental experimenting with Magnesium. On a few occasions when I was having problems sleeping I took an additional 500 mg at bedtime because of it's known effects to shorten the time it takes to fall asleep. On those evenings my nocturnal and morning erections increased in frequency and firmness, which was a nice unintended surprise.

The Vitamin K2 as Mk-4 and Mk-7 was kind of all over the place. At first I was only getting my K2 as Mk-7 by eating natto twice a week. After a little research I decided to actually take both forms of K2 as supplements. I probably will not continue with these high amounts but for the short term I have been taking the following:

This once to twice a week
and
This once to twice a week

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals