xeliex

Forum Supporter
The Lows
I've always had low pulse.
While sleeping, it used to drop to 36 bpm.
Since Peating (for many years), it rarely goes below 44 bpm during sleep.
My Peating did include taking thyroid meds, the past 2 years.
I am taking 1/2 a Cynoplus in the morning with meals.
Waking pulses are low in the 40s to low 50s
My daytime pulses working an office job are lowsih to decent around 60-70

The highs
At night sometimes, my pulse would shoot up and stay up - 80s, 90s, and over 100 at reast and 130 when moving around a bit like going up the stairs to the bathroom.
It also feels like high adrenaline, with a slight breathy feeling in the chest. Last night particularly, I had cold hands and feet and a hot torso and head. It was after 2 drinks and some coffee.
I rarely drink, but this night time raise in pulse with the terribly low morning levels is confusing me.

Here are my yearly pulse trends, from my Garmin watch. I am rarely active, except some walking.
Also attached is my pulses from yesterday. In the evening it was becoming a bit difficult to breathe through the nose from the high pulse. All at rest. I just walked a bit to meet a friend for drinks.

Any insights?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230706-125542.png
    Screenshot_20230706-125542.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20230705-203637.png
    Screenshot_20230705-203637.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 22

youngsinatra

The Lows

The highs
At night sometimes, my pulse would shoot up and stay up - 80s, 90s, and over 100 at reast and 130 when moving around a bit like going up the stairs to the bathroom.
It also feels like high adrenaline, with a slight breathy feeling in the chest. Last night particularly, I had cold hands and feet and a hot torso and head. It was after 2 drinks and some coffee.
I rarely drink, but this night time raise in pulse with the terribly low morning levels is confusing me.

Here are my yearly pulse trends, from my Garmin watch. I am rarely active, except some walking.
Also attached is my pulses from yesterday. In the evening it was becoming a bit difficult to breathe through the nose from the high pulse. All at rest. I just walked a bit to meet a friend for drinks.

Any insights?
I would try to split your current dose of the cynoplus, and take it with breakfast, lunch and dinner; or at least breakfast and dinner if it’s to difficult to split the pills into smaller parts.

Vileplume

I had high pulse for about a year at similar levels to yours, along with hot flashes. Like yours, my pulse would drop majorly in my sleep. At the time, I was eating meat, grocery store fruit (all kinds), gelatin, coffee, cheese, sugar, and some milk.

The hot flashes vanished instantly one day when all I consumed was goat milk and coffee. I think I had elevated adrenaline caused by bad digestion, and goat milk's easy assimilation finally calmed my intestinal inflammation. Since that day two years ago, my diet has been mostly goat milk, and my hot flashes and tachycardia have never returned.

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I would try to split your current dose of the cynoplus, and take it with breakfast, lunch and dinner; or at least breakfast and dinner if it’s to difficult to split the pills into smaller parts.
Thank you.

I was doing that for a while, and yes it's a pain in the butt. I even used the scale to weigh the crumbles.

The thing is, regardless of the dose, even 1/4 in the morning, I'd sometimes still get that evening / late afternoon reaction. Thinking out loud now, it mostly happens when there is a lot of food, alcohol, sun, and friends.

This gets me thinking deeper and whether my sluggish thyroid is from my lack of primary food (non food soul food)..

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I had high pulse for about a year at similar levels to yours, along with hot flashes. Like yours, my pulse would drop majorly in my sleep. At the time, I was eating meat, grocery store fruit (all kinds), gelatin, coffee, cheese, sugar, and some milk.

The hot flashes vanished instantly one day when all I consumed was goat milk and coffee. I think I had elevated adrenaline caused by bad digestion, and goat milk's easy assimilation finally calmed my intestinal inflammation. Since that day two years ago, my diet has been mostly goat milk, and my hot flashes and tachycardia have never returned.
That's interesting, Plume...

Despite me eating Peatish, I definitely am grocery store oriented. I have a hunch it is GI related indeed. But I am torn to what to address. The very low morning and sleep pulse or the high evening pulses.

How has everything else been for you? Are you saying that most of your diet has been goat milk and cofee? Do tell more.

Vileplume

That's interesting, Plume...

Despite me eating Peatish, I definitely am grocery store oriented. I have a hunch it is GI related indeed. But I am torn to what to address. The very low morning and sleep pulse or the high evening pulses.

How has everything else been for you? Are you saying that most of your diet has been goat milk and cofee? Do tell more.
I realized that most fruit (at least here in the US) was irritating, and I found the same for pretty much all foods: starch, juice (bottled or fresh squeezed), cheese, and perhaps even meat. These foods all cause symptoms, like the high heart rate, that mostly seem rooted in poor digestion. Trying to eat Peat's traditionally recommended foods (like OJ and gelatin) made me feel worse.

I might be an extreme case because I have very sensitive IBS, but through experimentation, I've found that right now, goat milk is the only food I tolerate without symptoms. So my diet is almost entirely goat milk - usually 1.5 gallons daily. My diet has been mostly goat milk for two years, but I am able to have the occasional restaurant meal for social purposes. I dropped the coffee as well, because I realized it was making me bloated.

While this might seem restrictive, this diet makes me feel better than anything else I've ever tried. I still have some symptoms that have been slow to resolve, but I feel confident they will improve in time. Maybe eventually I will be able to add certain things in, but if not, I'm happy to keep drinking milk indefinitely.

I was also inspired by this book, where Dr. Charles Sanford Porter describes the healing qualities of a milk diet: Milk Diet as a Remedy for Chronic Disease

peter88

I realized that most fruit (at least here in the US) was irritating, and I found the same for pretty much all foods: starch, juice (bottled or fresh squeezed), cheese, and perhaps even meat. These foods all cause symptoms, like the high heart rate, that mostly seem rooted in poor digestion. Trying to eat Peat's traditionally recommended foods (like OJ and gelatin) made me feel worse.

I might be an extreme case because I have very sensitive IBS, but through experimentation, I've found that right now, goat milk is the only food I tolerate without symptoms. So my diet is almost entirely goat milk - usually 1.5 gallons daily. My diet has been mostly goat milk for two years, but I am able to have the occasional restaurant meal for social purposes. I dropped the coffee as well, because I realized it was making me bloated.

While this might seem restrictive, this diet makes me feel better than anything else I've ever tried. I still have some symptoms that have been slow to resolve, but I feel confident they will improve in time. Maybe eventually I will be able to add certain things in, but if not, I'm happy to keep drinking milk indefinitely.

I was also inspired by this book, where Dr. Charles Sanford Porter describes the healing qualities of a milk diet: Milk Diet as a Remedy for Chronic Disease
I’m sure you are aware but goat milk has basically no folate

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Thank you.

I have stopped thyroid, and the trend changed a bit in those few days.

The lows remained as low, but the nighttime / evening numbers are not as high. Still higher though.

I will restart with 1/4, twice a day of cynoplus. My TSH goes to 3 off of thyroid and 1ish when on that dose.

peter88

Cynoplus did nothing for my pulse or temps. Tyromix increased my temps a lot but I had to stop because all of haiduts products give me acne.

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Cynoplus did nothing for my pulse or temps. Tyromix increased my temps a lot but I had to stop because all of haiduts products give me acne.
It's odd how's different products affect people differently. That's something that Danny emphasizes.

As far as acne, only prolonged DHEA use and overeating seems to cause them for me.

Cynoplus suppressed my TSH greatly, better than Tyromax, but I haven't trued Tyromix consistently.

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
TSH with or without thyroid

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230623-132610.png
    Screenshot_20230623-132610.png
    32 KB · Views: 21

Cow

I've always had a low pulse too. 50ish in the morning. Low 60s during the day, or high 60s if I am moving around. My temps are totally normal, but my TSH is above 3. I have tried all manner of thyroid preparations to get the pulse up and TSH down, but every time I tinker with that stuff I feel crappy either mood-wise or physically. I had more than a couple uncomfortable high pulse/anxiety/stress situations on tiny crumbles of T3.

Whenever I stop tinkering, I actually feel fine. (I am an age 57 female.) I'm now trying to move toward the mindset that for whatever reason my body just wants/needs to have a lower pulse and leave it alone.

I will say that in all my tinkering with thyroid, I really didn't see much results pulse-wise until after I added progesterone, that combo seemed to bring my baseline pulse up about 10 beats/minute. I should note I stopped the progesterone due to constant nosebleed (at 15-30mg/day), but am just now restarting again at 3mg/day.

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I've always had a low pulse too. 50ish in the morning. Low 60s during the day, or high 60s if I am moving around. My temps are totally normal, but my TSH is above 3. I have tried all manner of thyroid preparations to get the pulse up and TSH down, but every time I tinker with that stuff I feel crappy either mood-wise or physically. I had more than a couple uncomfortable high pulse/anxiety/stress situations on tiny crumbles of T3.

Whenever I stop tinkering, I actually feel fine. (I am an age 57 female.) I'm now trying to move toward the mindset that for whatever reason my body just wants/needs to have a lower pulse and leave it alone.

I will say that in all my tinkering with thyroid, I really didn't see much results pulse-wise until after I added progesterone, that combo seemed to bring my baseline pulse up about 10 beats/minute. I should note I stopped the progesterone due to constant nosebleed (at 15-30mg/day), but am just now restarting again at 3mg/day.
Thanks for sharing.

Health management is looking more and more of an art and a science. Ray had mentioned in the past that some hearts remain with a bit lower beat per minute while everything is dandy due to individual physiology. I'd like to think that is my case as well.

Progesterone seems to calm me while raising my pulse. You bring a good point.

Take care.

Jonk

The Lows

The highs

Any insights?
Have you ever experimented with laxatives of any kind? (not saying you should). And if so, noticed any difference after a bowel movement?

TheSir

. Thinking out loud now, it mostly happens when there is a lot of food, alcohol, sun, and friends.
By a lot of food do you mean a lot of protein? Protein and alcohol are sure ways to crash blood sugar and subsequently end up with a major stress response.

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Have you ever experimented with laxatives of any kind? (not saying you should). And if so, noticed any difference after a bowel movement?
Always better after bathroom in one way or another. I typically go 3+ times a day. IBS for many years that is mostly stable with Peaty food.

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
By a lot of food do you mean a lot of protein? Protein and alcohol are sure ways to crash blood sugar and subsequently end up with a major stress response.
Seems to be alcohol and being out with friends. Mostly bar and random Mexican / American food. I'd say medium protein. I have OJ when I get home usually since by the time I get home I'd be feeling ramped up like a mofo.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals