Low Toxin Diet Low VA followers are hypothyroid?

Clyde

He is looking worse in that recent interview compared to other videos, it might be because he added in sourdough bread to his diet recently (and that might have some bad in it like iron or glyphosate) or he is just going through a period where he is looking worse
Yeah, he does look a little worse like he lost too much weight. I don't think an active man can stay at 170lbs eating only 1500 calories even with a slow metabolism.

I was going to say it could be camera angles and filters etc but I see what you're saying. He looks drained compared to months back.

So I recently have compared pictures from long time followers of the low vitamin A, diet and have noticed a disturbing trend, they're all missing the outer third of their eyebrows, this is very common in hypothyroidism, and also makes me think that this is just another fad, any thoughts?
I’ve noticed this too. Look at Garrett’s. A lot of his followers & even his staff/practitioners are overweight & don’t look healthy. Will Nevil & Nathan Wiens for example. I think Garrett’s extreme version is a bad idea & a fad. I think we need some but not excess. I think a moderate & sensible approach like Andrew Baird’s in the Vitamin A Toxicity group is reasonable.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Will Nevil & Nathan Wiens for example.
You are taking literally everything out of context. Will has lost over 100 pounds on the low "vitamin A" lifestyle and is still losing. He is more athletic now then he has ever been in his life. In his recent interview he said his ADHD is going away and everything is improving. I do find it funny how the detractors do not report all the good stuff happening and only focus on finding faults.

Andrew Baird is someone I am very wary of.

With that said, these last couple of weeks I am amazed at how much body heat I am putting off along with the increase in heart rate. I do think Dr. Garret Smith does hold some people back by not having them to take thyroid until they do not need it anymore. I am on a very small amount of thyroid right now and better metabolism in two years then I ever got on 10 years of Peating.

As for Grant looking drained. You do not know what is happening in his life. He could have lost a close relative, whatever. That can make a person look like trash for a good minute. Many of you are looking at appearances when you should instead be looking at the work presented and that work is solid.

Clyde

A little off topic but why would big bushy eyebrows be unattractive and a sign of good health at the same time? It's a good look to play the villain and that's about it.

Capture11111.JPG

HAVING a thick set of brows is almost a requirement for models these days, but one Greek Cypriot beauty is bringing back the unibrow.
Sophia Hadjipanteli, a model and marketing student at the University of Maryland, proudly shows off her jet-black monobrow on Instagram.

“I am not really doing this to show people that they have to like [my monobrow],” she told Harper’s Bazaar.

“I am more so doing it to show people that they can get on with their lives by having a preference.”
Bushy eyebrows are a feature of aging:
eyebrows.JPG

Last edited:

Clyde

You are taking literally everything out of context. Will has lost over 100 pounds on the low "vitamin A" lifestyle and is still losing. He is more athletic now then he has ever been in his life. In his recent interview he said his ADHD is going away and everything is improving. I do find it funny how the detractors do not report all the good stuff happening and only focus on finding faults.

With that said, these last couple of weeks I am amazed at how much body heat I am putting off along with the increase in heart rate. I do think Dr. Garret Smith does hold some people back by not having them to take thyroid until they do not need it anymore. I am on a very small amount of thyroid right now and better metabolism in two years then I ever got on 10 years of Peating.

As for Grant looking drained. You do not know what is happening in his life. He could have lost a close relative, whatever. That can make a person look like trash for a good minute. Many of you are looking at appearances when you should instead be looking at the work presented and that work is solid.
I agree with all of this. How Grant looks has no meaning because he's also been donating massive amounts of plasma and doing other things but I thought he looked really good for his age in his older interview.

This was 8 months ago and he was 63:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQmS5eyVT0w

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

I started this thread because I'm skeptical, as one should be when someone says that a vitamin is actually a toxin.

I really want this paradigm to be right, because I feel alot of health benefits already, but at the same time I'm scared it's because of something else, and that this low vitamin A train will eventually lead off a cliff or something.

In a way you can't really blame me for only looking at the faults of these low VA people, as a lot of the issues I talked about are significant, looks can tell you alot of what's happening in the inside of a person.

Clyde

I thought only 2 of the 5 people PeterSN posted showed a missing outer third but I'm no expert. Eyebrows are partly genetic too so it wouldn't mean much unless they change imo. It's probably not a very useful metric to just look at them without context.

Last edited:

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Grant does not look worse in that YouTube video to me. He does not look pale, has hair way above average for his age. Has no eczema and no jaundice. Complete outer thirds of eyebrows. He also doesn't struggle to speak or need glasses. Pretty remarkable for a man suffering from kidney disease @ age 55 who is now 65.

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

@DanDare this was ray peat at 69 nearly 70, I'd say he looks way better than grant Nd he was probably eating a lot of vitamin A too

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-20-14-40-42-13_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-20-14-40-42-13_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 2

Peater

@DanDare this was ray peat at 69 nearly 70, I'd say he looks way better than grant Nd he was probably eating a lot of vitamin A too
He looks good for his age, true.

He was also taking exogenous hormones like preg and DHEA (Despite vitamin A being "essential" for their synthesis), and missing a number of teeth.

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

He looks good for his age, true.

He was also taking exogenous hormones like preg and DHEA (Despite vitamin A being "essential" for their synthesis), and missing a number of teeth.
Yes that is a fair criticism

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Appreciate your polite and balanced reply Peter!
No problem, I'm kind of over the whole dogma thing and 'following your guru' ideologies, so I'm just seeing what makes the most sense and then going in that direction making sure to put every idea through the stress trst and seeing what sticks the best

Peater

No problem, I'm kind of over the whole dogma thing and 'following your guru' ideologies, so I'm just seeing what makes the most sense and then going in that direction making sure to put every idea through the stress trst and seeing what sticks the best
Exactly the same here. Dogma and cries of wrongthink don't help anyone, on either side. I've done high VA for years with liver and noticed some issues creeping in so why not try this out. It's the easiest diet modification I've ever done.

Imagine being a gluten free vegan - i don't have to imagine it! (Years before paleo and peat. Again, i knew it was time to try something else, yet there were some benefits i took away even if you just count looking healthily slim and learning to cook and what foods have what nutrients)

Kyle970

When I started working on my iron/copper metabolism with things like phosphorus I regained colour in my face and started to look healthy again.
Could you expand on what you did with phosphorus, please. This is me right now.
Most are slow oxidizers (low thyroid/low metabolic rate) and have low bioavailable copper, but likely have good copper stores.

Depends on T3, adrenals, methylation, NAD/FAD, molybdenum etc.
What are some tips to get out of this? You think taking "thyroid" helps adrenals? I don't really understand yet how to improve methylation besides bvitamains.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes sir, I agree. I’ve been on the lower vA side for most of the last 7 years but I still keep an open and discerning mind about everything. I’m ‘old’ now chronologically at 54 and one thing I’ve learned is you really have to do what works best for your body and not necessarily what works for someone else.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My eyebrows haven’t changed at all relative to my thyroid function.

DanDare

Forum Supporter

I try and keep things objective. Grant does not need glasses or hormones, and cured himself of kidney disease. According to establishment science, he should have no skin, be blind, and be dead.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals