Magnesium Diarrhoea = Magnesium Deficieny?

I’ve recently started supplementing small amounts of magnesium. Perhaps 80-100mg. It gives me an almost immediate loose bowel movement. Not so much diarrhoea, but just loose, and it feels like a total emptying of the bowel. Actually quite refreshing. Within 5-20 minutes.

I’m aware of the idea of magnesium reaching the intestine and acting as a laxative, but does this imply that magnesium has been deficient until this time? Would a better tolerance imply a better absorption of magnesium?

Or is it simply that my body doesn’t tolerate magnesium in this form - mag bicarbonate?

Makrosky

I think it's just the laxative effects of magnesium. With such small ammount, no, probably you are not deficient in it. The opposite maybe.

Carrum

Can magnesium chloride and/or magnesium suplhate in a bath cause diarrhea? I tried some (It was from a packet that contains a mixture of the chloride and sulphate) in a bath on Thursday and Friday evenings this week and have had diarrhea several times today (Saturday).

Nick21

Consider experimenting with magnesium malate or magnesium glycinate and assess if the problem occurs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals