Matt Stone Posted his face for the first time in over a decade

PopSocket

You’d think he would have thoroughly documented losing 40 pounds, instead of just rattling off that he did.
Yes, would have made more sense to come back in his worst shape and share his progress with the low vit A diet or whatever he is doing. Might have been a better strategy for him to gain some popularity back. Not sure how much support he had back then but can't imagine him having success with his youtube channel.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
@Dolomite, fantastic! I’m admittedly over people right now especially men (not of retirement age) who don’t even try to work. He seems to have a sense of entitlement that he can just waltz back on the scene and resurrect a following to support himself. I just simply have no respect for people who choose to do absolutely nothing and think that’s okay somehow.
I used to read some blogs by people you describe and eventually realized they were full of themselves and their entitlement and had little real information. I agree about people who could work but won't.

ilovethesea

Forum friends,
Please, please, please consider not giving Matt Stone the time of day or any YouTube views. He just basically came out and admitted he was completely wrong and lived for over a decade !!!without working!!! apparently off money he collected from spreading misinformation. He has a great personality no doubt that sucks people in but I seriously don’t think he knows anything special and could quite possibly lead a new crop of people astray. Perhaps his formal education/training is in marketing?!? All of us here are his equal when it comes to independent health researching imo. Think about it- he literally did nothing for a decade of his life and now he’s going to come back on the scene and do what? The same thing all over again. Forgive me for being frank but I care about this forum and the members here and I’d hate to see anyone take him seriously without me giving a sisterly or motherly warning.
I really can’t believe he had the nerve to speak on covid either and I’m certainly glad I didn’t know it at the time. It was absolutely infuriating for me to have to work the frontlines in something that diabolical and insane and meanwhile have to hear from people spouting off while hiding in fear who had no clue. I also didn’t watch the latest video nor will I watch or read anything else from him. I do wish him the best but I mostly wish he would get off the internet and stop trying to be an influencer. Rant over.
P.S. if you really want to know about the vitamin a stuff just go to the source Grant Genereux or read the thread here on the forum.
Yes it’s extremely clear now that he doesn’t know anything special! I thought that video was going to lead to some follow ups explaining what the heck he’s done and learned in the past 10 years but it seems not... he’s now making videos about the cause of asthma and defending Russell Brand for ***** sake.

I guess the money ran out or his wife got tired of supporting them both and he decided to start “influencing” again. I’m surprised his followers on Youtube are all lapping it up.

CJ_87

In his defence, I think he did work in the last decade, just not in the area of nutrition. He lived in Central America and sent marketing emails using his "Buck Flogging" persona.

Also, I think people underestimate how much getting fat and being unable to lose the weight affected him. He even closed the 180degreehealth blog for a while in 2014, and in the recent video says that he found it difficult to take people criticising his weight even back in 2009, when he wasn't even that fat. So I think it's psychologically a very good thing that he's now found the courage to show his face again and resume his public persona. It beats hiding away in the shadows anyway.

In his defence, I think he did work in the last decade, just not in the area of nutrition. He lived in Central America and sent marketing emails using his "Buck Flogging" persona.

Also, I think people underestimate how much getting fat and being unable to lose the weight affected him. He even closed the 180degreehealth blog for a while in 2014, and in the recent video says that he found it difficult to take people criticising his weight even back in 2009, when he wasn't even that fat. So I think it's psychologically a very good thing that he's now found the courage to show his face again and resume his public persona. It beats hiding away in the shadows anyway.
He continues to profit from his book, I would like to hear him talk about where those proceeds are still going. He sat there for years and years hiding for his ego sake, and I can hardly blame him, what a horrible mess to know you are wrong on a big world stage, but to not correct it years earlier, or have those books pulled off the shelves is shameful? Some people just need to stop talking.

LOL, I googled that and it seems that "Buck Flogging" is a series of books about how to get rich without working by creating marketing hype and fake reviews around shady health information. Some literal quotes I saw from him when googling this: "sell your books to the average stupid person via social media", "It’s not that hard to get lots of gleaming [book] reviews if you do HALF of the simple things in this book", and "Why the term 'My **** disappears when I tie my shoes' could make you rich." He was running a scam on purpose, and is so proud and confident about it, he is also selling semi-self-satirical tips as some sort of con artist guru and he thinks its hilarious.

I was still sympathetic to him, but after seeing that, Blossom is 100% right. This guy was selling people what they want to hear "stuff yourself with junk food to lose weight" and laughing all the way to the bank, knowing it was complete BS.

Last edited:

ilovethesea

LOL, I googled that and it seems that "Buck Flogging" is a series of books about how to get rich without working by creating marketing hype and fake reviews around shady health information. Some literal quotes I saw from him when googling this: "sell your books to the average stupid person via social media", "It’s not that hard to get lots of gleaming [book] reviews if you do HALF of the simple things in this book", and "Why the term 'My **** disappears when I tie my shoes' could make you rich." He was running a scam on purpose, and is so proud and confident about it, he is also selling tips to other con artists as some sort of con artist guru and he thinks its hilarious.

I was still sympathetic to him, but after seeing that, Blossom is 100% right.
I literally just did the same thing... he makes 6 figures a month! No doubt his resurgence on YouTube has a strategy behind it.

Waynish

Forum friends,
Please, please, please consider not giving Matt Stone the time of day or any YouTube views. He just basically came out and admitted he was completely wrong and lived for over a decade !!!without working!!! apparently off money he collected from spreading misinformation. He has a great personality no doubt that sucks people in but I seriously don’t think he knows anything special and could quite possibly lead a new crop of people astray. Perhaps his formal education/training is in marketing?!? All of us here are his equal when it comes to independent health researching imo. Think about it- he literally did nothing for a decade of his life and now he’s going to come back on the scene and do what? The same thing all over again. Forgive me for being frank but I care about this forum and the members here and I’d hate to see anyone take him seriously without me giving a sisterly or motherly warning.
I really can’t believe he had the nerve to speak on covid either and I’m certainly glad I didn’t know it at the time. It was absolutely infuriating for me to have to work the frontlines in something that diabolical and insane and meanwhile have to hear from people spouting off while hiding in fear who had no clue. I also didn’t watch the latest video nor will I watch or read anything else from him. I do wish him the best but I mostly wish he would get off the internet and stop trying to be an influencer. Rant over.
P.S. if you really want to know about the vitamin a stuff just go to the source Grant Genereux or read the thread here on the forum.
:thumbup

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

You guys are savage lol.

Do you guys want people in your life to admit when they were wrong? I have every reason to dislike him, some of which were mentioned. But I like when people come out and admit they were wrong.

You don't have to keep watching him, I certainly won't. But pushing someone lower who places themselves low is distasteful.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You guys are savage lol.

Do you guys want people in your life to admit when they were wrong? I have every reason to dislike him, some of which were mentioned. But I like when people come out and admit they were wrong.

You don't have to keep watching him, I certainly won't. But pushing someone lower who places themselves low is distasteful.
My sincere apologies sir.

DonLore

Is it still unclear for someone that you should absolutely not eat processed foods? White sugar being recommended here is stupidity. There is no scenario where some berries + war honey doesnt beat sugar by 1000x

Is it still unclear for someone that you should absolutely not eat processed foods? White sugar being recommended here is stupidity. There is no scenario where some berries + war honey doesnt beat sugar by 1000x
Berries are inconvenient to eat, you need to eat a lot to get a decent amount of calories. They also have seeds, which irritate some peoples guts.

I agree honey, is better than sugar, but regular honey is cut with things like cornsyrup. The genuine honey is hard to get and is expensive. Also honey is hard to mix into cold drinks - it just floats the bottom.

You guys are savage lol.

I can appreciate when a person can admit when they are wrong, and I would trust him if he put a period after that sorry, but a sorry that took ten years, and came with a lot of money making intention after it means nothing to me. He should make things right somehow. I would love to hear him say, “since my misleading book is still out there I will donate all proceeds”. I don’t like words without actions, especially a sorry. Fool me once and your to blame, fool me twice and I’m to blame.

Ray Peat never recommended white sugar as a first choice, He said all over the place that white sugar is ok when good quality fruit and honey is not available, to balance protein, not to just consume on it’s own in abundance. He used the rat/Coke study to demonstrate that sugar does not make a person fat, that the starches, fats and excess calories do. Your point is valid and is exactly why Ray Peat didn’t prefer white sugar, because it was void of nutrition.

1696607281062.jpeg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals