Matt Stone Posted his face for the first time in over a decade

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Wow the men in here are even more sensitive than the women. This emotional behavior might seem like you're being symathetic or empathetic, but it is none of the sort. Clearly the genders have switched here and the women are having to be harder to make up for the lack of masculinity that is so widespread now.
This is very simple, in society if lack of responsibility and lying are not taboo, then they will become more common. You thinking something shouldn't be taboo so you can virtue signal as nicer than the rest of us isn't an argument.
yeah! Being a real man is coming down hard on this washed up fat failed health guru!

I posted this thread because I used to follow him and I want the best for Matt. I always liked him back in the day. He had a way of sharing information that grabbed people.

But he was weak, and went after the money instead of the truth. Easy temptation to fall for, and one I doubt you have been tempted with to the degree he has.

Maybe I am too empathetic, but I have been knocked around enough in life to root for people who hit bottom. And this dude, is at bottom...just look at him, can barely walk up stairs. He's pathetic. Maybe in a couple years he can start contributing again in a good way.

JohnA

According to Matt in the video, he got obese because he stopped caring about his health, worked nonstop, pulled all nighters, and let his mental health slip into a bad place. He hasn’t spent the last 10 years following the programs in his book, “Eat for Heat” or “Diet Recovery.”

I’ve read 100s of health and nutrition books over the last decade, and Matt’s books are some of my favorites.

This quote from Diet Recovery basically sums up his philosophy at the time: “If you start to experience strange aches and pains, sleep loss, frequent urination, cold hands and feet, a plummeting body temperature – well, you should know what that means. Your exercise needs to change.” He doesn't say it in that specific paragraph, but his full thinking, would be, “your exercise needs to change, and you need to eat more.”

He obviously went overboard with his proclamations that pizza and cheeseburgers are perfect foods, but the overall guidelines to use body temperature as a measure of health and to to actively make dietary, lifestyle, and exercise decisions to increase body temperature is very solid advice.

EnergeticLeo

According to Matt in the video, he got obese because he stopped caring about his health, worked nonstop, pulled all nighters, and let his mental health slip into a bad place. He hasn’t spent the last 10 years following the programs in his book, “Eat for Heat” or “Diet Recovery.”

I’ve read 100s of health and nutrition books over the last decade, and Matt’s books are some of my favorites.

This quote from Diet Recovery basically sums up his philosophy at the time: “If you start to experience strange aches and pains, sleep loss, frequent urination, cold hands and feet, a plummeting body temperature – well, you should know what that means. Your exercise needs to change.” He doesn't say it in that specific paragraph, but his full thinking, would be, “your exercise needs to change, and you need to eat more.”

He obviously went overboard with his proclamations that pizza and cheeseburgers are perfect foods, but the overall guidelines to use body temperature as a measure of health and to to actively make dietary, lifestyle, and exercise decisions to increase body temperature is very solid advice.
I think @JohnA raises a good point. Matt wasn't following his own advice for the last 10 years.
If you read
- Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging
- Prostate Cancer
- Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity
- https://wiki.chadnet.org/files/recharging-the-system.pdf

You'll see that Matt Stone's Eat for Heat is based very much on those articles. I suspect that if you combine Matt's focus on the ratio of calories+carbs+salt to fluids, and on body temperature (especially of hands and toes) with cleaner Peaty foods and not junk food, and also not an excess of calories but focussing on carbohydrate, then that could be a hugely powerful combo.

I think Matt realised that sometimes the thing holding someone back was simply drinking too much fluid at that point in time, and that for some, juice and milk simply provided too much fluid relative to salt, and relative to the concentration of their own body fluids.

Peat himself said:
- "I have written previously about several dramatically effective treatments for shock that were developed in the last fifty years--for example, intravenous ATP, concentrated solutions of sodium chloride or glucose, and the morphine/endorphin blocker, naloxone."
- "But in very hot, humid weather, a person with a low metabolic rate can be endangered by the smallest amount of water"
- "The thyroid hormone itself functions as an antioxidant, but much of its protective effect against cell damage is probably the result of preventing cell swelling...",
- "...estrogen's biological effects result from its direct effects on cell water..."
- "Most of the things that we think of as fatigue result from disturbances of the hydration of cells..."

It seems like Matt has identified a key 'Peat variable' (calorie+carbs+salt:fluid ratio) that Peat himself often didn't mention in interviews, one that is very easy to miss.

I made the mistake of following all of Matt's advice at one point, including the caloric excess and junk food, and when that didn't work I ditched all of his ideas which was also a mistake in restrospect, when I should have spent more time thinking about which of his ideas were useful and which were not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals