Medical PTSD

kimbriel

So, I have Medical PTSD due to my horrible HMO care... and this past year, I really couldn't escape it, due to needing a lung tumor removed (I had lung carcinoid).

I get new insurance 1/1 and thus will have all new providers. I still have some hormonal things to work on. I guess I am wanting input from all you wonderful people about what life has been like once you went your own way?

So, I have Medical PTSD due to my horrible HMO care... and this past year, I really couldn't escape it, due to needing a lung tumor removed (I had lung carcinoid).

I get new insurance 1/1 and thus will have all new providers. I still have some hormonal things to work on. I guess I am wanting input from all you wonderful people about what life has been like once you went your own way?
I never have had a tumor, but I was diagnosed with a heart irregularity and heart medication, which I flushed down the toilet, and I was diagnosed with gallbladder stones and the doctor wanted to take my gall bladder out, but I decided to keep it and clean up my act instead. I haven’t been to a doctor for 15+ years, and am doing better than ever.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sorry to hear it but I have medical ptsd too from both my personal life and work. I order my own labs and any medicine I might need. I had a decent doctor for awhile that I felt I could trust but eventually that didn’t work out (I’ll spare you the details). I think to go out on our own successfully we just have to put extra effort into researching and following our labs regularly.

P

Peatress

What’s helped me is reading Peat’s work and listening to his interviews. Before I found him I did not even know I was being harmed – then after 2020 I truly understood the extent of the damage. Reading the stories of other people’s experiences on the forum helps too. I don’t think I have recovered from the traumas of some of the medical interventions I have had. But I try to remember that there were individual doctors/nurses who were very good to me. I have invested a lot of time and money into alternative health but be careful there are some scrupulous individuals who claim to be holistic but that’s just marketing. They can be just as bad as the medical industrial complex.

What I can’t come to terms with is the many attempts to harm me – some of which were obviously deliberate. I am working on forgiving myself for my ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluebird

Sorry to hear it but I have medical ptsd too from both my personal life and work. I order my own labs and any medicine I might need. I had a decent doctor for awhile that I felt I could trust but eventually that didn’t work out (I’ll spare you the details). I think to go out on our own successfully we just have to put extra effort into researching and following our labs regularly.
@Blossom Hi, I’m new to the forum, and at the age when issues are beginning to surface. My experience so far is that the Drs expect me to be on THEIR team, and I am looking for Drs who are on MY team. Could you please point me to resources which would help me know which labs to order,
Thanks

bookshelf

My experience so far is that the Drs expect me to be on THEIR team, and I am looking for Drs who are on MY team.
Yes. Perfectly said. Anything less than doing what they say or expect of you and you're definitely not on the same team.

So, I have Medical PTSD due to my horrible HMO care.
Countless are in the same camp regardless of their insurance (or lack thereof). It's truly a battlefield with innumerable casualties, including the people that don't even know they are in the belly of the beast or the clutches of abuse.

I hope you heal well and get the support you need. I hope that for us all.

"...Although he focuses on treatments, Stegenga disparages tests, too. A staple of preventive care is that screening asymptomatic people for disease leads to earlier diagnosis and better outcomes. Unfortunately, Stegenga writes, screening can lead to “false positive diagnoses, overdiagnosis and overtreatment.” (Overdiagnosis occurs when a test detects a small tumor or other anomaly that if left alone would never cause harm.)A 2015 review examined popular tests for four major killers: cancer, heart disease, diabetes and respiratory disorders. The study found that few screening methods reduced disease-specific mortality and none reduced all-cause mortality. The authors conclude that “expectations of major benefits in mortality from screening need to be cautiously tempered.””

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom Hi, I’m new to the forum, and at the age when issues are beginning to surface. My experience so far is that the Drs expect me to be on THEIR team, and I am looking for Drs who are on MY team. Could you please point me to resources which would help me know which labs to order,
Thanks
I basically try to keep tabs on my CBC, CMP and thyroid panel regularly. Occasionally I’ll add in other tests specific to my current situation/issues and past history. I’ve used this service the past two times and I’m very happy with them (not affiliated in any way).

P

Peatress

This is a thread for alternatives to medications

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals