OP
J

Joocy_J

answersfound said:
post 105678
Joocy_J said:
post 105676
Nicholas said:
post 105675 also, when you develop the skills of perceiving, thinking, acting (the kind of core of Ray Peat) in regards to diet....those skills transfer to other areas of your life as well.

I guess I don't really understand what you're talking about, could you give me some concrete examples.

I am desperate, because I think I am going to fail out of college if I don't get my libido/sleep back soon. I feel like s*** everyday and have a hard time concentrating/getting my work done. If I fail school, I will most likely kill myself. That is why I am trying this.
I don't get how this is possible. You say your temp is 98.6 and u eat oysters liver, etc. you don't fap. You drink lots of coffee You sound like you should be in excellent health. Why not go to your schools health center? I'm sure they have people to talk to about this. You seriously have no libido? Maybe you have high progesterone?

I don't get it either, but it is true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas

one way of perceiving truthfully and clearly is to document on paper (like a log or journal) details of your day - but focusing on diet and how you feel and temp./pulse measured together in the correct way.....for example....things like this:

when you woke up
how much sleep you got last night
what time you ate breakfast
what you ate for breakfast (carb GRAMS, protein GRAMS, fat GRAMS) (doesn't have to be on a scale or anything)
temp/pulse 20min. sitting after breakfast
how you feel
....same thing for other meals
other details that come to you in the day....as products of simply thinking about things...like, are you really thirsty? bowel movements.....mood, feeling hyper....etc.

when you start to put it all down on paper and slowly process through all of the variables of blood sugar regulation that i listed earlier, you begin to make connections - sometimes you have massive revelations that you had no idea about....you begin to understand things from today because of things that happened yesterday....like maybe today you feel super hungry.....and then you look back at your log from yesterday and maybe acknowledge that you were calorie deficient yesterday....maybe yesterday you completely missed a meal/snack altogether....it's rewarding to make a connection like that.....because you are developing awareness and not getting dragged down rabbit holes of confusion. it's just simple honest work that explains itself as you're actually doing it. along the way you may wonder about a variable like, say....fat.....and maybe you get the feeling that it needs to get lower.....you change up your macro ratios PER MEAL.....apply them consistently and watch how your temp/pulse and mood change. maybe with a change like that you begin to notice sleep changing.....or sleep gets better but you decide it's because you're getting more magnesium in your diet....... many times i found myself making poor diet decisions and thinking that i could just ignore those things as if they weren't actually affecting how i was feeling. i'm just thinking out loud here - but it's kind of a process that unfolds itself for the person.....as long as you're focused on the variables i listed as well as the basic documentation points listed above.

when i was first introduced to this process i thought that it seemed so unnatural and devoid of all romanticism.....like it's too much work.....but the truth is that i was not yet able to perceive accurately until i began doing this work.....and i still come up against challenges where i have to start writing this stuff down again to work through a bump and continue with, perhaps, a new change. but most of it's pretty intuitive by now.
sorry if i haven't answered your question yet...

OP
J

Joocy_J

Joocy_J said:
post 105679
answersfound said:
post 105678
Joocy_J said:
post 105676
Nicholas said:
post 105675 also, when you develop the skills of perceiving, thinking, acting (the kind of core of Ray Peat) in regards to diet....those skills transfer to other areas of your life as well.

I guess I don't really understand what you're talking about, could you give me some concrete examples.

I am desperate, because I think I am going to fail out of college if I don't get my libido/sleep back soon. I feel like s*** everyday and have a hard time concentrating/getting my work done. If I fail school, I will most likely kill myself. That is why I am trying this.
I don't get how this is possible. You say your temp is 98.6 and u eat oysters liver, etc. you don't fap. You drink lots of coffee You sound like you should be in excellent health. Why not go to your schools health center? I'm sure they have people to talk to about this. You seriously have no libido? Maybe you have high progesterone?

I consulted with the biochemnordic lady who is recommend by ray peat and she didn't get it either.

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 105681
Joocy_J said:
post 105679
answersfound said:
post 105678
Joocy_J said:
post 105676
Nicholas said:

I consulted with the biochemnordic lady who is recommend by ray peat and she didn't get it either.

Do you want the name of a good endo who in NYC? If so pm me

Nicholas

Joocy_J said:
post 105681
Joocy_J said:
post 105679
answersfound said:
post 105678
Joocy_J said:
post 105676
Nicholas said:

temp. without pulse is a meaningless measurement. you're taking pulse, too, when you take the temp. measurement?

OP
J

Joocy_J

Nicholas said:
post 105683
Joocy_J said:
post 105681
Joocy_J said:
post 105679
answersfound said:
post 105678
Joocy_J said:
post 105676
Nicholas said:

temp. without pulse is a meaningless measurement. you're taking pulse, too, when you take the temp. measurement?

Yes, I take pulse too. Both are in ideal ranges, yet my sleep is still broken....

OP
J

Joocy_J

Joocy_J said:
post 105684
Nicholas said:
post 105683
Joocy_J said:
post 105681
Joocy_J said:
post 105679
answersfound said:
post 105678
Joocy_J said:
post 105676
Nicholas said:

Yes, I take pulse too. Both are in ideal ranges, yet my sleep is still broken....

I take the readings three times a day....

Nicholas

what is your context of taking the readings....and what is your pulse usually? i assume the readings are also pretty stable?

OP
J

Joocy_J

Nicholas said:
post 105686 what is your context of taking the readings....and what is your pulse usually? i assume the readings are also pretty stable?

It depends what dose of thyroid I am on. Right now I am on no hormones and I wake up with a temps around 97.8, which rises to 98.2 or 98.1 after I eat. My waking pulse is 60 bp, and rises to 70 bp after I eat. Around noon my temps are around 98.4 or 98.6 and my pulse is around 78 bpm, or 80 bpm. When I am on thyroid all of the measurements are higher. With my pulse hitting 100 bpm sometimes...

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 105687
Nicholas said:
post 105686 what is your context of taking the readings....and what is your pulse usually? i assume the readings are also pretty stable?

It depends what dose of thyroid I am on. Right now I am on no hormones and I wake up with a temps around 97.8, which rises to 98.2 or 98.1 after I eat. My waking pulse is 60 bp, and rises to 70 bp after I eat. Around noon my temps are around 98.4 or 98.6 and my pulse is around 78 bpm, or 80 bpm. When I am on thyroid all of the measurements are higher. With my pulse hitting 100 bpm sometimes...

That's adrenaline. No wonder u don't feel well. Clonidine could be of help to you.

Nicholas

Joocy_J said:
post 105687
Nicholas said:

ok, good to know. the readings are taken about 20min. after eating? there are some people who can't use temp and pulse as clear indicators of problems....thus, there's all the other variables of blood sugar regulation to pay attention to and monitor.

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 105679
answersfound said:
post 105678
Joocy_J said:
post 105676
Nicholas said:

http://www.neuroendocrinology.org/low-testosterone.html

Giraffe

Joocy_J said:
post 105635 Any other suggestions/criticism would be appreciated. thanks
Jocey, you are planning to take extremely high doses of some supplements. Do you have experiences with doses anywhere near those?

Niacinamide in high doses causes bad headaches for some. Both taurine and niacinamide can be pretty sedative at much lower doses.

1 g aspirin should be enough to have systemic effect. Peat talked about it here post 62097.

There are a couple of thread in which doses / side effects are discussed. Here is a small selection:

High Dose Niacinamide Experiment
Protein high in glycine and/or taurine may prevent obesity
Why DHEA must be taken in small doses only
DHEA Experiences

Start slow, one supplement at a time. Watch the effect before you raise the dose.

lexis

Joocy_J said:
Nicholas said:

Add tyrosine and P5P

burtlancast

Maybe you should concentrate on some harmful substance contaminating you ?

Have you tried the combo Gerson-made juices/coffee enemas, to detox the blood and liver ?

Also, no Vit E ?

lexis

burtlancast said:
post 105706 Maybe you should concentrate on some harmful substance contaminating you ?

Have you tried the combo Gerson-made juices/coffee enemas, to detox the blood and liver ?

Also, no Vit E ?
burtlancast said:
post 105706 Maybe you should concentrate on some harmful substance contaminating you ?

Also, no Vit E ?

Have you done enemas? Was it positive?

sladerunner69

Joocy_J said:
post 105676
Nicholas said:

I am in similar situation. I am eating very healthy but sometimes still feel very sad, angry or depressed. It is almsot always because of girls. They never give an inch and always take a mile. They are usually detached and cold, and make decisions that are in no ones best interest. When I have a date to look foward to, or just managed to get a chicks number, I always feel much better, happy and have a more positive outlook on life. Then when they don't text or call, as they almost always do, and they for essentially no reason change their mind about you as a guy they want to hang with, it is a very frustrating and helpless feeling. Even if you have a great hand and play your cards perfectly, the house will almost always win. I always thought my early twenties would be a rip-roaring good time, I would cruise around with my buddies picking up babes just like all the coolest dudes in movies and TV... well its way harder than it seems. 90% of girls will hardly even talk to a guy they havent "met" somewhere before by some random circumstance, doesnt matter what he looks or talks like. The ones who do play ball are only in it for the chase it seems. Getting a girl to actually sex is like waaay too ******* difficult. That's where Im at. I guess this didnt help much but I think im right there with you. Life is work work work with zero ******* payoffs.

PTP

You can read Haidut's experiment on raising his testosterone to ridiculous levels - https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/view ... 7&start=20

Though he points out it's not healthy for long term use. Involved massive doses of vitamin E (among many other supplements), which you seem not to be getting. For lifting, have you considered the kettlebell swing? While not ideal for t levels, it helps both strengthen and relax the PC muscle which regulates your urine flow but also your erections, has worked well for me in the past.

answersfound

PTP said:
post 105713 You can read Haidut's experiment on raising his testosterone to ridiculous levels - https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/view ... 7&start=20

Though he points out it's not healthy for long term use. Involved massive doses of vitamin E (among many other supplements), which you seem not to be getting. For lifting, have you considered the kettlebell swing? While not ideal for t levels, it helps both strengthen and relax the PC muscle which regulates your urine flow but also your erections, has worked well for me in the past.

Yes that post by Haidut is where he got this idea from

Sea

Joocy_J said:
Nicholas said:

Those are very hypothyroid measurements. I don't think it is wise to take such high dosages of so many supplements. I think with these readings you are better off focusing on your diet/digestion, and trying to eat more calories and salt while using small amounts of thyroid and/or caffeine and maybe small amounts of aspirin and vitamin A. I also don't think it would be wise to do any type of exercise other than walking until your temp/pulse is a lot higher.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals