Mucus and blood in stool getting worse, with constipation. Any help or recs

lucasr1818

Forum Supporter
So basically about 8 months ago I had this week where I could not go to the bathroom, I had a lot of uncomfort and pain in my abdominal/bladder area and I was very constipated. After going to the bathroom I noticed some blood. Then I kept noticing blood for about a week or 2 and then it went away for months. Then it came back and kept going and coming

Now I'm at the point where I have lots of blood and mucus. my stool has blood inside of it. I got a colonoscopy done 2 days ago and he said it was very inflammed but he couldn't really say much until he saw the biopsy.

I have managed to make going to the bathroom a little better trying a peat diet but nothing really gets rid of the blood or mucus, there's times where I just poop blood and mucus on it's own (sorry I know it's disgusting). I don't feel bloated/constipated because I'm not eating any fiber but I only go to the bathroom like every 2 days unless I try to force it out.

Things I have yet to try are activated charcoal or cascara. Right now I am doing an incremental diet where I'm just eating broth and rice for a few days, and then I'm gonna add foods little by little until I find what is irritating my intestines

I'm 19 and my dad has ulcerative colitis and he got it in his 20s so it is very possible it's that. But then also this starting happening while I was on a trip to Mexico so I was thinking it could've been something from there like an infection but the doctor says no.

Any help or recommendations are appreciated, sorry if that was gross, thanks

Hans

Forum Supporter
Try high dose saccharomyces boulardii. It's been shown to help against intestinal inflammation and improve constipation. Start with 10 billion units and work up to 50 or as needed.

Peater

I was on a trip to Mexico so I was thinking it could've been something from there like an infection but the doctor says no.
Did they do any tests at all? If that's when it started it is reckless of them not to test for pathogens.

OP
L

lucasr1818

Forum Supporter
Did they do any tests at all? If that's when it started it is reckless of them not to test for pathogens.
To be honest, the doctor was too focused on the fact my dad and grandparents have had colitis so he just thinks it's that. We'll see what he says from the colonoscopy

OP
L

lucasr1818

Forum Supporter
Try high dose saccharomyces boulardii. It's been shown to help against intestinal inflammation and improve constipation. Start with 10 billion units and work up to 50 or as needed.
Thanks, I'll give this a try

chompie

I had the same issue. Cutting out all dairy completely healed it for me.

youngsinatra

A low-irritation diet (white rice, meat, broth, soups..) is probably needed to calm down the intestinal inflammation.

I‘d try avoiding dairy, eggs, corn, soy and gluten for a 100 days (no-cheating!), as these are the most common dietary allergens. I got that idea from Dr. Terry Walsh and it helped my mom to heal from her autoimmune disease (severe case of rheumatoid arthritis) and she doesn’t need her heavy medications anymore.

I think UC often also have severe nutrient deficiencies due to reduced intestinal uptake.

I‘d supplement low-doses of active B vitamins sublingually. (No B6 tho!)

I like the products of „Metabolics“ All liquid, no fillers, bioavailable form, low-dose possible, sublingual usable. I‘m also a fan of getting the bulk powder of B vitamins and dosing oneself with microspoons. (I‘m not a fan of B complexes because of B6 accumulation/toxicity concerns)

Last edited:
OP
L

lucasr1818

Forum Supporter
A low-irritation diet (white rice, meat, broth, soups..) is probably needed to calm down the intestinal inflammation.

I‘d try avoiding dairy, eggs, corn, soy and gluten for a 100 days (no-cheating!), as these are the most common dietary allergens. I got that idea from Dr. Terry Walsh and it helped my mom to heal from her autoimmune disease (severe case of rheumatoid arthritis) and she doesn’t need her heavy medications anymore.

I think UC often also have severe nutrient deficiencies due to reduced intestinal uptake.

I‘d supplement low-doses of active B vitamins sublingually. (No B6 tho!)

I like the products of „Metabolics“ All liquid, no fillers, bioavailable form, low-dose possible, sublingual usable. I‘m also a fan of getting the bulk powder of B vitamins and dosing oneself with microspoons. (I‘m not a fan of B complexes because of B6 accumulation/toxicity concerns)
Thanks I think I'm gonna try this, I've been basically doing this for the past week except for the gluten

OP
L

lucasr1818

Forum Supporter
UPDATE: I did test for pathogens and bacteria and they were all negative

GorillaHead

Niacin. Vitamin E. Alpha Lipoic Acid.

Your welcome should make u much better. Would love to hear if this works for you

AOSJ

Forum Supporter
Make sure you eliminate gluten and dairy for a minimum of 3 months - there is absolutely no downside to doing this

Kyle970

Hey Hans, is s.boulardii beneficial to fungal situations?

Richiebogie

@lucasr1818

Any improvement?

One banana in the morning and another in the afternoon should help along with 2 litres of water or other fluids throughout the day.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals