Can aspirin cause mucus increase in stool?

leeteeh

hi, I've been suffering with unexplained chest pain for a couple of years which drs have done multiple tests and scans for, x ray, echo, bloods... nothing found.
the pain comes and goes sometimes months at a time, for a few days it was severe so I took 450mg aspirin one day and 175mg the next (haven't taken aspirin for a few months or more). for a few days now I've been having 5 or more bowel movements a day, mostly mucus with very little stool. at times just clear slime mucus only (sorry for the detailed description).
im unsure if the mucus is something to do with the current intense chest pain and whatever is causing that or if its due to taking aspirin for the first time in a few months.
can aspirin cause excess mucus in stool? or wipe out some fungal and bacterial issues? or maybe break down some biofilms?
any insight is appreciated!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I don't have this issue but am curious.
(bump)

chompie

Absolutely! I think if you have a food allergy that hasn't presented itself in other ways and you speed up your metabolism, this mucus problem can rear its head. If you eat a lot of eggs, just try cutting them out for maybe three days. See if the mucus problems stops. Eggs seems to be a culprit for me causing this exact problem. Took me so long to sort this out. Try it with a few common allergen foods

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
I had terrible chest pains for many years. After numerous heart tests I have determined that it is from indigestion. Might also be a problem with stomach acid ph level or not enough stomach acid all together. Too much alcohol and inflammatory foods were the culprit. I think high blood pressure also added to the discomfort. All that is behind me now with a better diet and blood pressure under control. Just my experience with chest pain. Also do not take the antacids or the meds that shut down Acid production in the stomach all bad for you

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals