My Horrific Labs

ScottSchlegel

I've been a Peat advocate for the last two years because it stopped hair loss, and improved my mood, pulse and body temperature. I typically do lots of orange juice, gelatin, coconut oil, eggs, cheese and milk. Oysters and liver occasionally.

I've experimented with the following supplements: B1, B3, Zinc, Copper, A, D, E, K. I've used NDTs, but never any other synthetic thyroid hormones.

Lately, I desire women, but do not typically have great sexual experiences like I had as a 22 year old. Anyways, take a look at my labs, and let me know what you think I'm missing.

My cholesterol, thyroid and testosterone levels are all clearly out of whack.

Attachments

• Labs_26_Nov_2014.pdf
    340.4 KB · Views: 250

johns74

Is your source of gelatin, gelatin powder? Have you ever stopped that for a while?

Regarding cholesterol, did you avoid fats 14 hours before the test?

lindsay

Do you exercise??? What's your sugar intake like???

There is a male over at Peatarian who's eating a very high carb low fat diet - he's sedentary and his Cholesterol levels were crazy high. The theory is, if you eat TONS of carbs, you really should be using them in some fashion - like via exercise.

johns74

lindsay said:
The theory is, if you eat TONS of carbs, you really should be using them in some fashion - like via exercise.

or you could have good thyroid function to convert it to other hormones.

dd99

johns74 said:
Regarding cholesterol, did you avoid fats 14 hours before the test?

johns74, I'm getting a blood test soon. I'd never heard that I was supposed to avoid fats for 14 hours before the test. I was just going to eat and supplement as normal beforehand. Do you have any other tips?

johns74

dd99 said:
johns74, I'm getting a blood test soon. I'd never heard that I was supposed to avoid fats for 14 hours before the test. I was just going to eat and supplement as normal beforehand. Do you have any other tips?

that's my vague recollection. maybe we should google fasting cholesterol blood test.

Jennifer

johns74 said:
dd99 said:

that's my vague recollection. maybe we should google fasting cholesterol blood test.

Hmm...this is interesting because I just had blood tests done last Wednesday and was really confused as to why my cholesterol is so low, 147. That's as low as it was back when I was severely malnourished doing the high carb low-fat raw vegan diet. The lab was having a hard time finding the codes for the not so popular "peat recommended" blood tests so I wound up sitting there for over an hour and this put me at a 13 hour fast. For the past year, I've had my levels checked twice and they were around 210, but I only did an 8 hour fast those times.

I really wish our doctors would be more specific on what we need to avoid before doing tests. I found out with whole blood serotonin that you need to avoid bananas, coffee, tea and pineapple at least three days prior to the blood test and I found out right before they drew my blood. :roll:

tara

Which part of it looked horrific to you?

ScottSchlegel said:
I've used NDTs, but never any other synthetic thyroid hormones.
Would you have had supplemental thyroid in your system when you were tested - ie how long from previous supplement to till test? The TSH looks slightly high but not extreme, free T4 and free T3 look lowish. That could explain lowish testosterone.

johns74 said:
lindsay said:
The theory is, if you eat TONS of carbs, you really should be using them in some fashion - like via exercise.

or you could have good thyroid function to convert it to other hormones.
Blood glucose was not high.

OP
S

ScottSchlegel

Tara, the thyroid, testosterone, triglycerides and cholesterol numbers all look bad to me.

I haven't taken NDT for a few weeks.

I exercise maybe two or three times a week. My macro ratios are 60%, 30%, 10% carbs:protein:fat.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Was this a fasting blood draw? If not I would repeat the cholesterol while fasting. Eating before having cholesterol checked can sometimes effect the results. I'm not sure on the testosterone but those test results do look like you might benefit from continuing the thyroid supplement. I tend to think your body might not be converting cholesterol into other hormones/protective steroids. You may be able to bring the cholesterol down by working on finding your optimal thyroid dose. I suppose if those were my test results I'd start with regulating the thyroid. Others may have differing or additional insights.

johns74

ScottSchlegel said:
Not fasting. About an hour after a square meal of carbs protein and fat.

that might explain the high cholesterol. i was reading just a few moments ago, and it seems it can change the results by like 10%, and trigs by 20%.

i encourage you to try stopping gelatin -if your source is gelatin powder, as opposed to gelatinous meat- for one or two weeks, just to rule that out. drink more milk or something.

lindsay

Here is the thread from Peatarian - was listed under the user former known as Wheat&Pufas:

http://peatarian.com/50469/test-results ... cause-that

He's been eating a high carb low fat diet consisting of a lot of potatoes and fruit (from what I gather). Anyhow, maybe you will find something on there useful.

johns74

^ His 3.6 TSH suggests he is hypothyroid, so he isn't converting the cholesterol.

OP
S

ScottSchlegel

It appears that my body MAY NOT have a problem converting T4 to T3, but definitely seems to not be producing enough T4.

Is that just iodine, selenium and tyrosine deficiency?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals