Nerve pain/Numbness

JewlzSanguine

For the last year or so my arms will go numb while I am sleeping even when they are just on my side so I am not sleeping on them. My legs also go numb super easily usually by sitting down. I recently noticed that if I eat a lot before bed they don’t go numb, also last night I started having seriously strong aching nerve pain running down both arms for hours starting at about 8 pm. I have never had nerve pain just numbness but I also realized I hadn’t eaten all day. About 15 to 30 minutes after I ate, the nerve pain stopped. I have gotten several blood tests done recently and the doctors tell me I am not diabetic. I have also gotten nerve conduction testing done and everything was normal. does anyone have an idea on what I might be dealing with? Thank you.

TheSir

I've had numb nerve pain on my left arm in response to low blood sugar at times. The effect was especially pronounced when I was withdrawing from caffeine. No idea what causes it.

Mad

I started having numbness in my arms a few months ago, I’d be fine all day and it only happened when I’d lay down for bed. I had heard hypothyroidism can play a role in this so I started deep diving on thyroid work again to dial it in.
But then I also went to a great chiropractor who focuses on a lot of muscle work as well. He tested all along my spine and neck and found it was not causing the numbness so he moved on to muscle areas. As soon as he started compressing the area around my rotator cuff and especially kind of under my armpit, it produced instant numbness (try this on yourself and see if it could be causing it, just punch fairly hard). He said the nerves were being compressed by the muscles so it just needs to be released. I have gone to two sessions with him and seen a ton of improvement. He also gave me some YouTube video physical therapy type exercises to do everyday to keep working on release. While working on this I have just learned the specific positions that I can sleep in comfortably now and those that I can’t.
I don’t know what caused it, my theory was I had changed my pillows and mattress firmness around that time, but it could also be hypothyroidism playing a role, or my chiropractor thought it was just years of being a mother to young children: bending, holding, nursing.
I have also heard of someone who dealt with this and an acupuncturist fixed them up, I have considered trying that too. Also I did see a massage therapist in between my chiropractor visits who knew a lot about deep tissue work and that was helpful as well.

pondering

I've had numb nerve pain on my left arm in response to low blood sugar at times. The effect was especially pronounced when I was withdrawing from caffeine. No idea what causes it.
I also get neuropathy symptoms with low blood sugar in my arms, neck, shoulders and sometimes in my legs and left hip. I get pain and/or weakness, although I don’t usually get numbness.

I recently noticed that if I eat a lot before bed they don’t go numb, also last night I started having seriously strong aching nerve pain running down both arms for hours starting at about 8 pm. I have never had nerve pain just numbness but I also realized I hadn’t eaten all day. About 15 to 30 minutes after I ate, the nerve pain stopped. I have gotten several blood tests done recently and the doctors tell me I am not diabetic.
Eating is key. The symptoms improve after I do so. I am not diabetic either. I also don’t know the cause, but my functional medicine doctor said that keeping blood sugar steady by eating enough & frequently is important. Ideally, you don’t want to wait so long to eat that you even get those symptoms. I’ve historically skipped meals. He explained that the blood sugar going in and out of your muscles can lead to pain.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals