Night Sweats That Worsen Before Period

Zpol

Hello,

Any tips for night sweats that worsen before periods? I am a 38 year old woman. Currently taking Progest-e 2x per day on day 14 through 28. Been having spotting also. I also take vit. e, d, and k2, Quecertin, levothyroxine, liothyronine, 3/4tsp. of cascara bark per night, magnesium citrite daily, lots of salt, vit b12, benfothiamine (150mg 2x day), inositol, Zyrtec.

I have idiopathic constipation, Small intesine bacteria overgrowth, and several autoimmune diseases.
The mega dose of cascara usually does not help the constipation so the night sweats are not likely due to diarrhea. I also take enemas (3x week usually) and other laxatives daily but the night sweats happen regardless if the laxatives work or not. But still, I'll probably start some sort of electrolyte drink before bed.

Cannot have dairy, intolerent to egg shell calcium. Any recommendation for other calcium would be great too!?!

Cannot take Gelatin or bone broth due to the Arginine causing shingles flare ups.

Cannot have boiled greens water due to it causing heartburn. Also, eating liver causes severe heartburn.

My stomach and intestine issues are worsening as well. I spend every spare moment researching but just end up going in circles or a never ending goose chase.

Maybe cyproheptadine? I don't know much about this though.

Maybe one of Haduit's supps?

Electrolyte drinks?

Not sure about OJ in mid night, due to raising blood sugar which is already questionable.

thanks!!

sele

I have idiopathic constipation, Small intesine bacteria overgrowth, and several autoimmune diseases.
These are symptoms of low metabolism coupled with high estrogen.
Charcoal or carrots will help eliminate estrogen from intestines.

intolerent to egg shell calcium
What happens when you take egg shell?

Any tips for night sweats that worsen before periods? I am a 38 year old woman. Currently taking Progest-e 2x per day on day 14 through 28. Been having spotting also. I also take vit. e, d, and k2, Quecertin, levothyroxine, liothyronine, 3/4tsp. of cascara bark per night, magnesium citrite daily, lots of salt, vit b12, benfothiamine (150mg 2x day), inositol, Zyrtec.
Progesterone taken in the wrong time or in too high of a dose will cause spotting.
I would skip B12 and try B1,B2,B3 and B7 instead.
B1 and B2 helps expel estrogen.
Zyrtec will add misery to your constipation.
Please switch magnesium citrite for some other form like magnesium bicarbonate water. It will also help with heartburn.
Look for foods or supps that give you heartburn and stop them.
What is your levothyroxine dosage?

Cannot take Gelatin or bone broth due to the Arginine causing shingles flare ups.
Lysine will help with the shingles.

Any tips for night sweats that worsen before periods?
Increased nitric oxide and/or hypoglycemia can cause night sweats. I used to get them.
Half cup of salted OJ before bed should help. Lysine will take care of the NO.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

These are symptoms of low metabolism coupled with high estrogen.
Charcoal or carrots will help eliminate estrogen from intestines.

Doesn't charcoal cause/worsen constipation? I've been doing the raw carrot, haven't noticed any difference.

What happens when you take egg shell?
Lysine will help with the shingles.

Might be coincidence but a few months ago I got a shingles flare up following a cold virus, I had just started taking the egg shell calcium before the cold started, then as soon as I noticed the shingles I began taking Lysine as well. After about a week of these supp's I developed gastritis and the onset of the night sweats. I stopped these supp's thinking the egg shell was perhaps causing the gastritis (as my digestion is so shitty I probably don't digest it properly) and the lysine was perhaps causing an imbalance somehow somewhere. The gastritis is improving but the night sweats remain. So basically, I was taking the lysine at the time the night sweats started. My Ray Peat inspired nutrition coach told me to only take lysine during and after shingles flares as it can cause imbalance but she didn't state specifically what type of imbalance.

Progesterone taken in the wrong time or in too high of a dose will cause spotting.

Oh the frustration... I started the Progest -E in hopes it would STOP the spotting. I'm careful to only take days 14 through 28 of my cycle.

I would skip B12 and try B1,B2,B3 and B7 instead.
B1 and B2 helps expel estrogen.

thanks, I will try this!

Zyrtec will add misery to your constipation.

It does't seem to have worsened it but I do hope to get off it someday. I'm taking Quecertin, I'm going to add in some Nettle Root from Western Botanical Medicine, and maybe some Vit. C if I can find a clean source that won't cause/worsen gastritis.

Please switch magnesium citrite for some other form like magnesium bicarbonate water. It will also help with heartburn.

This I can do. I've done it before but it tastes icky so never stuck to it but maybe I'll add a little pure stevia or maybe mix with OJ.

Look for foods or supps that give you heartburn and stop them.

Basically, I've pinpointed liver, any tea, steamed veg water, veg juice, smoothies, trace mineral drops, OJ is questionable. Eating dinner at work, no matter what it is usually gives the worst heartburn but I work from 10a to 8 or 10p so kinda have to. Interestingly, coffee, cayenne, red wine do not.

What is your levothyroxine dosage?
50MCG (0.05mg)

Increased nitric oxide and/or hypoglycemia can cause night sweats. I used to get them.
Half cup of salted OJ before bed should help. Lysine will take care of the NO.

Wouldn't OJ spike blood sugar?... maybe I'll take with some protein, I'll try it.

Is there anything else besides Lysine? I don't want over consume this. And also don't want to end up on the other end of the spectrum and have too low NO as I do have circulatory problems, specifically very low blood pressure and Raynaud's syndrome.

Thank you Sele for your very well thought out response, I truly appreciate it!!

sele

You're welcome. :)

Doesn't charcoal cause/worsen constipation?
Yes, for some people. I just mentioned charcoal because many don't like carrots.

Oh the frustration... I started the Progest -E in hopes it would STOP the spotting. I'm careful to only take days 14 through 28 of my cycle.
Yeah, I know the feeling. Progest-E taken before ovulation causes spotting. Sometimes ovulation misses the 14th day or doesn't happen altogether. FWIW, spotting is harmless. Only an inconvenience.
How much are you using?

Wouldn't OJ spike blood sugar?... maybe I'll take with some protein, I'll try it.
Contrary to popular belief, protein causes insulin spikes and will deplete sugar and cause hypoglycemia. You don't want that in the middle of the night.
If you don't want OJ at night, you can have some vanilla ice-cream. :hungry:
I like to drink apple juice instead of OJ.
RP suggests all protein be taken by dusk. After that it should be sugars and fats.
Not sugar but estrogen, inflammation, FFA causes most of the blood sugar imbalances.
You can skip the lysine for now. Vit C is usually contaminated.
Good luck.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Awesome, thank you for the reply! This helps a lot.

I have not been taking a consistent amount of Progest-e, I've been using different dosages to find the dose that's best for me. I'll just continue on till I find the magic dose amount. On the bright side, it is helping to reduce the occurrences of bleeding ovarian cysts, hopefully it's eliminating the cysts all together!

tara

Hi Zpol,
Wondering how much (calories) you are eating in the average day?
Running out of fuel/glycogen seems to be one way to get stressed and night sweats.
If that is the problem, it may not take very much of a sugar boost to help get it in check.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals