Now Official - It's Illegal to Sell Incandescent Light Bulbs in Illinois

DMF

This really steams me - and how the radio talk shows such as WGN suck up and happily go along because of all the $$money saved.

Regina

This really steams me - and how the radio talk shows such as WGN suck up and happily go along because of all the $$money saved.
I got sick of the "we're in this together" gaslight in Chicago. The residents of the buidings cheering lights out to save the earth. The cheering whatever retarded word or phrase across the AON bldg. "Yayyyy I love my masters." I always thought 'what's up with these freaks going along with this jive?'
We left.

JohnHafterson

I got sick of the "we're in this together" gaslight in Chicago. The residents of the buidings cheering lights out to save the earth. The cheering whatever retarded word or phrase across the AON bldg. "Yayyyy I love my masters." I always thought 'what's up with these freaks going along with this jive?'
We left.
For sure - I spent a lot of time in Evanston during Covid. They went full clown mode - Trader Joe's was making customers line up outside during winter - it looked like Soviet Era gulag lines to me.

My friend's Evanston neighbor is maxed out on yard signs: Ukraine, BLM, LGBTQ/rainbow.

Neighbor doesn't have any climate signage yet. I may need to inform the Climate Red Guard and put her through a climate struggle session.

True Believers - Eric Hoffer

They won't know until they have to build their own guillotines and even when they're asked to pull the cords they will believe it's for their own good - lol

Regina

For sure - I spent a lot of time in Evanston during Covid. They went full clown mode - Trader Joe's was making customers line up outside during winter - it looked like Soviet Era gulag lines to me.

My friend's Evanston neighbor is maxed out on yard signs: Ukraine, BLM, LGBTQ/rainbow.

Neighbor doesn't have any climate signage yet. I may need to inform the Climate Red Guard and put her through a climate struggle session.

True Believers - Eric Hoffer

They won't know until they have to build their own guillotines and even when they're asked to pull the cords they will believe it's for their own good - lol
True Believers. Exactly.

We lived right by the TJ's on Diversey--so we endured those gulag lines for a while. Also the Mariano's on Broadway--which had a different vibe. People were masked but aggressive. They couldn't keep the wine shelves stocked. That was a fun neighborhood, but many of its residents are gig economy; waitstaff and artists--so they were hurting. When Vincent restaurant required vaccinations, as did my dog trainer and BLM occupied the building across the street, we said "let's just go."

I didn't expect to see those LGBTQ rainbow salve Ukraine yard signs here in central FL. But they are here too.
I do miss so much about Chicago. Walking the dog from Diversey to Montrose Harbors offleash or down to North Ave and meeting new nice people everyday.
:cry:
Trade off. You can have all the guns you want here. But it's a more petty every man for himself "culture."

It kinda all sucks either way.

drdeb Ph.D.

Forum Supporter
True Believers. Exactly.

We lived right by the TJ's on Diversey--so we endured those gulag lines for a while. Also the Mariano's on Broadway--which had a different vibe. People were masked but aggressive. They couldn't keep the wine shelves stocked. That was a fun neighborhood, but many of its residents are gig economy; waitstaff and artists--so they were hurting. When Vincent restaurant required vaccinations, as did my dog trainer and BLM occupied the building across the street, we said "let's just go."

I didn't expect to see those LGBTQ rainbow salve Ukraine yard signs here in central FL. But they are here too.
I do miss so much about Chicago. Walking the dog from Diversey to Montrose Harbors offleash or down to North Ave and meeting new nice people everyday.
Trade off. You can have all the guns you want here. But it's a more petty every man for himself "culture."

Some months ago, we swapped out all of our light bulbs to incandescent for health reasons. The good news is that Amazon still sells them. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=incandes...sprefix=inc,aps,356&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_3
The bad news is how expensive they now are.

It is most unfortunate that a governor can make such a law! What is his government going to do? Go house to house and search the light bulbs?
Isn't he the same governor who approved hiring illegals as police officers?

I am so sorry you have to live in a state with laws like these!

Better buy them up. As of August 1st, the ban is nationwide.

drdeb Ph.D.

Forum Supporter

Better buy them up. As of August 1st, the ban is nationwide.
I agree, buy them up! However, I would love to know how the feds are going to enforce this law. Go door to door country-wide and examine all light bulbs? That is as laughable as the rest of their mandates.

They are going to ban the sale and manufacturing of them, from what I'm reading. If you already have them, you are obviously good. I heard that walking corpse in the White House said he'd threaten people who sell/manufacture them after August 1st with jail time. Absolute lunacy.

drdeb Ph.D.

Forum Supporter
They are going to ban the sale and manufacturing of them, from what I'm reading. If you already have them, you are obviously good. I heard that walking corpse in the White House said he'd threaten people who sell/manufacture them after August 1st with jail time. Absolute lunacy.
Ha Ha Ha walking corpse, I love it! Do you really think the corpse will sue Amazon?

JohnHafterson

True Believers. Exactly.

Yeah my office was at Halsted/Diversity so I used to hit that TJs grab some canned oysters and cheese and take my lunches on the sunny top floor of their parking garage - lol

Florida is cool but totally different than Illinois. Lived in Utah and Georgia - all the states are pretty unique 50 small countries.

I hit rural areas in Mississippi, Missouri, the Dakotas, and Nebraska in 2020/2021 and it was like COVID didn't exist.

JohnHafterson

I have a few LED lamps where you can change the light spectrum from 2600k to 5600k. Which are nice they don't give off heat like incandescent but the color is pretty good.

Incandescent is 2700k.

Hopefully they get better at color spectrum on bulbs.

The infrared heat lamps are 3000k - potentially a good substitute though they do give a lot of heat.

Regina

Some months ago, we swapped out all of our light bulbs to incandescent for health reasons. The good news is that Amazon still sells them. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=incandescent+light+bulbs&crid=37T24D2KO0RXP&sprefix=inc,aps,356&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_3
The bad news is how expensive they now are.

It is most unfortunate that a governor can make such a law! What is his government going to do? Go house to house and search the light bulbs?
Isn't he the same governor who approved hiring illegals as police officers?

I am so sorry you have to live in a state with laws like these!
If they stop making them and vendors stop selling them, then the market for them will disappear.

When we lived in NYC, a law said all the toilets had to be changed to a low flush. I told the Board to just not do it. There will be constant clogged toilets and overflows that drip into the apartments below, which will file damage claims and on and on. I earned their respect that day. They stopped the work and kept their good ole highflush toilets.

So sometimes you can just ignore stupid laws. They'll make a big show on the news of people getting fined. But no one is coming around to most buildings.

Regina

Yeah my office was at Halsted/Diversity so I used to hit that TJs grab some canned oysters and cheese and take my lunches on the sunny top floor of their parking garage - lol

Florida is cool but totally different than Illinois. Lived in Utah and Georgia - all the states are pretty unique 50 small countries.

I hit rural areas in Mississippi, Missouri, the Dakotas, and Nebraska in 2020/2021 and it was like COVID didn't exist.
We may have bumped elbows. Our office was on Halsted between Diversity and Wellington. :cheers
Evanston is beautiful. Is there any place you'd really want to call home in the US?

I shouldn't be homesick for Chicago. My old aikido dojo still requires proof of covid vax. So the place is ruined.

sunny

JohnHafterson

We may have bumped elbows. Our office was on Halsted between Diversity and Wellington. :cheers
Evanston is beautiful. Is there any place you'd really want to call home in the US?

I shouldn't be homesick for Chicago. My old aikido dojo still requires proof of covid vax. So the place is ruined.
Visited Idaho last year and really liked it but a little too land-locked. New Mexico as well good sun, high altitude, but land-locked as well.

Probably Wisconsin - biking, skiing, cheap gas ( compared to Illinois ), good food, good gun culture, and water access: Lake Michigan to the east and Mississippi on the west with a few good rivers interior.

Last edited:

Regina

Visited Idaho last year and really liked it but a little too land-locked. New Mexico as well good sun, high altitude, but land-locked as well.

Probably Wisconsin - biking, skiing, cheap gas ( compared to Illinois ), good food, good gun culture, and water access: Lake Michigan to the east and Mississippi on the west with a few good rivers interior.
Thx. Interesting.
Idaho, New Mexico- stunning and cool people. I'd probably feel landlocked too.
Maybe Tennessee mtns would get annoying for that too.
My main aikido teacher moved to Wisconsin to found a zen monastery near Reedsburg. We were going out there fairly regularly. We almost moved to Madison. Yeah, really nice state. And did some training in Kenosha, Racine and Steven's Point. Yeah. Cool state.

Regina

Hmmm. Evanston is on this list.
But Chattanooga! I love the mountains around nooga, but the city itself has a freemason feel to it.

Anyway. I don't know what this means. But who wants to be in some gov targeted city?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals