Optic nerve regeneration

highriderrr

Hello, my mother (57 years) had blurry vision in down part of right eye, we went to hospital, where we make MRI scans and all other diagnostics. in the beginning doctor said that this is eye neuritis , but other day we went to next doctor said that this mini stroke of optic nerve. Have we chance on recovery and what we can to do with this?

Elie

Forum Supporter
Look into benfothiamin + B complex or Energin (Georgi's product), check vitamin D and B12, inflammation and mineral status.
Follow peaty nutritional guidelines.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Might want to add a low-dose aspirin, if the stroke was the clotting type.

tasfarelel

The optic nerve is depends more than any other nerve on good mitochondrial function. So anything that improves mitochondrial function should "help".

JohnHafterson

Look into taurine there are articles on it with respect to nerve regeneration.

It's more helpful as a pre-treatment but may provide benefit after injury as well.

Carnosine as well there are articles on it with nerve regrowth after ischemic and/or crush type ( physical force ) injuries.

OP
H

highriderrr

Thanks for replies, we've already add B1, r-5-p, Coq10, D3+k2, aspirine. i'll add carnosine and taurine. Also i think about red light therapy, but on what part of head put light?

OP
H

highriderrr

Look into taurine there are articles on it with respect to nerve regeneration.

It's more helpful as a pre-treatment but may provide benefit after injury as well.

Carnosine as well there are articles on it with nerve regrowth after ischemic and/or crush type ( physical force ) injuries.
Absolutely forgot about taurine. Need to buy taurine ASAP.
@JohnHafterson @tasfarelel @JudiBlueHen @Elie
What we think about b3 + pyruvate?

JohnHafterson

Thanks for replies, we've already add B1, r-5-p, Coq10, D3+k2, aspirine. i'll add carnosine and taurine. Also i think about red light therapy, but on what part of head put light?
I think red light is generally safe but do a med lit search on Near Infrared ( NIR ) and/or ( photobiomodulation ) to see if you can find articles on wavelength used etc.

Different wavelengths are used for different issues as are direct and sustained light versus pulsed and infrequent administration.

JohnHafterson

I've looked at a 630nm led array at close range directly in eyes without issue out of curiosity not for eye problems.

Potential routes:

Direct view ( looking at )

Temples ( side of head/eyes )

Intranasal device ( inserted into nasal passage ) available online but expensive

Lindama707

Forum Supporter
I have a pair of red light glasses from UK... eye-power.co.uk they generate IR red light, I had to wait a few months while they worked out plastics mfg... I'm glad I did. nothing to report yet. I'd be happy with support for mitochondria, if not regeneration.

OP
H

highriderrr

Hello all, docs make diagnosis and this is Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy, but it maybe very late, and i dont know what we can use except high doses corticosteroids...

youngsinatra

Optic neuropathy can be caused by folate, B12 or copper deficiency.

It more frequently occurs in people with gastric bypass surgery, due to lowered absorption.

OP
H

highriderrr

Optic neuropathy can be caused by folate, B12 or copper deficiency.

It more frequently occurs in people with gastric bypass surgery, due to lowered absorption.
yeah, my mom has some gastric problems, today i'll buy this supps
Buy some creatine pyruvate, like @haidut post in late 2020 but this not help too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals