Optimize protein intake for testosterone, thyroid and muscle growth

Hans

Forum Supporter

What's your guys' experience with eating lamb (you have to read the article to get what I'm talking about)?

76er

I just had a homemade gyro last night (and will again tonight) with local lamb meat.

Delicious but at $14 a pound those gyro dinners are few and far between so I can't give any
testimonials (plus I'm not hypothyroid).

I'll say my testosterone is doing well (via morning wood test) on 20%-25% total cals from protein.
Fat is 35%-40% and carbs come in usually at 40%-45%.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I just had a homemade gyro last night (and will again tonight) with local lamb meat.

Delicious but at $14 a pound those gyro dinners are few and far between so I can't give any
testimonials (plus I'm not hypothyroid).

I'll say my testosterone is doing well (via morning wood test) on 20%-25% total cals from protein.
Fat is 35%-40% and carbs come in usually at 40%-45%.
Noice. Yes lamb is pretty expensive. I'm doing beef stewing meat and tripe. Lots of collagen. I might also experiment with lamb tripe and trotter. Maybe going to get lamb stewing meat if I can source it.

76er

Noice. Yes lamb is pretty expensive. I'm doing beef stewing meat and tripe. Lots of collagen. I might also experiment with lamb tripe and trotter. Maybe going to get lamb stewing meat if I can source it.
Yeah I source a good amount of beef stewing cuts and beef soup bones from our local rancher.

My wife regularly makes me a collagen rich Vietnamese-style Pho broth (basically just beef broth cooked with anise).
The broth is a by-product of stewing chuck steaks for Mexican-style gorditas.

I have some oxtail in the freezer. Need to see how I can make something tasty out of it.

I'd like to source tripe too and give it a whirl.

Source Code

Do you thinks it's bad that I pretty much eat Red meat every meal? I have been taking 12mg cypro daily and have a coffee with about a table spoon of gelatine and a bit of sugar with the meals. I feel and look strong, just wondering if it's sustainable lol... From your article I feel more confident.

Beastmode

Good one @Hans

We eat lamb shank, my toddler and I, about 4 times per month. We slow cook it in the crockpot with veggies, etc and drink the gelatinous soup for days.

Definitely has a positive effect on me and the little monster :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter

What's your guys' experience with eating lamb (you have to read the article to get what I'm talking about)?
60-80% of my meat intake is lamb. It’s the meat I feel best consuming.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you thinks it's bad that I pretty much eat Red meat every meal? I have been taking 12mg cypro daily and have a coffee with about a table spoon of gelatine and a bit of sugar with the meals. I feel and look strong, just wondering if it's sustainable lol... From your article I feel more confident.
I can't see any reason why it would be bad. Perhaps just make sure you also get enough calcium in the diet.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good one @Hans

We eat lamb shank, my toddler and I, about 4 times per month. We slow cook it in the crockpot with veggies, etc and drink the gelatinous soup for days.

Definitely has a positive effect on me and the little monster :)
Haha nice. Gotta feed the beast. :D

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Cool, have you noticed those pro-thyroid effects?
Yes, that’s why I make it such a big part of my diet. I have not isolated my diet to lamb or other meat and tracked temps, pulse or labs and compared them though.
My choice of lamb is purely just based on my feelings of well being overall when I eat it. Local grass fed beef is a close second. If I’m out of either then my third choice is organic and grass fed from the supermarket.

GeoX

Locally grown lamb sold at farmers markets in the northeast US is $20-$30/lb depending on the cut.

Neeters 27

There's nothing more delectable than tiny little loin lamb chops - sprinkled with good coarse salt, flame bbq, enjoy with a nice shiraz and rosemary potatoes...I get lamb if its on sale and then freeze it. its about 25 bucks for a lamb leg then, otherwise these days a leg can be 45 or 50 bucks. 1 leg roasted after marinating in red wine rosemary and garlic, does us several meals. dinner first night. second day we shave some leftover meat and make gyros on pita. I might freeze the rest and the bone for a nice soup. we also like buying lamb and beef Cevapi , those are European skinless sausages, they are deelish!

A.R

What is your recipe/method of cooking for beef tripe?

cillianB108

Forum Supporter
Very funny the timing of this article, I’ve just switched my meat consumption from beef to lamb. Day 3 today, feel quite good, is this from lamb, I don’t know, but look flat, feel good and have a lot of energy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals