Orthosilicic Acid Removes Aluminum From The Brains, Prevents Alzheimer's?

TreasureVibe

According to this professor in the following video who has been studying aluminum contamination, taking orthosilicic acid will remove aluminum from the brains, and since aluminum contamination in the brains has been linked to Alzheimer's, this could possibly prevent it.

There is also a study that supports this: The role of silicic acid in the renal excretion of aluminium. - PubMed - NCBI and another one: Biological and therapeutic effects of ortho-silicic acid and some ortho-silicic acid-releasing compounds: New perspectives for therapy

What is your opinion on this, and what does Ray Peat think of orthosilicic acid?

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

Silicon binds aluminum in digestive tract and prevents its absorption but im not sure how it may remove aluminium from brain?!

I have asked ray about silicon and posted it here
Zinc And Silicon Metabolism In Highly Trained Athletes During Heavy Exercise
What the researcher in the video hints at is that it can help human papillomavirus associated with aluminum, as he attests some people have told him it made people better using silicic acid. Also he hints at that it can remove aluminum from the brain. He also says that there are no downsides of silicic acid.

He simply states as fact that if you take more silicic acid, you excrete more aluminum. If it is that silicic acid binds to aluminum in the digestive tract, why could it not be true that it binds to any other location in the body, like the brain?

The first study I mentioned also pointed out renal aluminum excretion. That is not the digestive tract, right? So that would mean also blood levels of aluminum being lowered.

Silicic acid being the bioavailable form of silicon

Here is another study: Non-invasive therapy to reduce the body burden of aluminium in Alzheimer's disease. - PubMed - NCBI and another one: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S027869150700227X?via=ihub

Last edited:
Orthosilicic-Acid-720x500.jpg
:emoji_kissing_smiling_eyes:

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Professor Christopher Exley also made some personal comments beneath another Youtube video of his, where he writes,

''Please take note of what I have said in this video and on many other occasions which is that there are no other silicon supplements, including DE, which can deliver suffucient silicic acid to the body to help to remove your body aluminium. Right now our only option is a silicon-rich (>30 mg/L silica) mineral water.''

''Tom
(questioner, asking about horsetail tea), a tea made from horsetail or a teaspoon of diatomaceous earth in your tea may well bring some health benefits BUT these products cannot help to remove aluminium from your body.''

and ''What it says on the bottle and in the marketing is not what the science tells us. There is no such thing as ANY silicic acid-rich supplement.'' as an answer to someone mentioning the existence of silicic acid rich supplements on the market.

Now I am wondering, what do you think of this?

paymanz

Yeah silicon starts to polymerize when it passes concentration higher than 30mg/L.

Some studies shows negative correlation of silicon intake and dementia.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Yeah silicon starts to polymerize when it passes concentration higher than 30mg/L.

Some studies shows negative correlation of silicon intake and dementia.
So shouldn't it be ''(30< mg/L silica) mineral water.'' then, instead of (>30 mg/L silica) mineral water.'' which he mentions? The Spritzer mineral water he mentioned which was used in his clinical studies has a silica content of atleast 55 mg/L so I am confused now.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acilis-Spritzer-silica-rich-water-400ml/dp/B01NCS2O7Q

paymanz

To my knowledge Orthosilicic Acid is the bioavailable form of silicon. And it is a monomer.

DE or silicon in in soil is highly pilymerized and is not available to human body or other animals.it takes a long time for it to get hydrated and become soluble in water.

Even horstail silicon is in polymerized state i believe.

So i think its either bioavailable or its not, i dont see why he thinks DE is not helping aluminum removal if its absorbable!

OP
T

TreasureVibe

To my knowledge Orthosilicic Acid is the bioavailable form of silicon. And it is a monomer.

DE or silicon in in soil is highly pilymerized and is not available to human body or other animals.it takes a long time for it to get hydrated and become soluble in water.

Even horstail silicon is in polymerized state i believe.

So i think its either bioavailable or its not, i dont see why he thinks DE is not helping aluminum removal if its absorbable!
Well because DE is not absorbable/bioavailable, as you mention it is highly polymerized correct?

paymanz

So shouldn't it be ''(30< mg/L silica) mineral water.'' then, instead of (>30 mg/L silica) mineral water.'' which he mentions?
What i understand is that after 30mg threshold and added silicon becomes unbioavailable,but you still have that 30 mg, some of polymerized silicon may get hydrated in gut but idk to what degree!

Maybe by 30<mg/L silica he meant the maximum silicon you can get in available form in mineral water.

Last edited:

paymanz

Well because DE is not absorbable/bioavailable, as you mention it is highly polymerized correct?
Yes but maybe some of it gets hydrated in gut and absorbed, it is known to improve nails and hair quality, those are what silicon does.so probably some of it gets absorbed.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

What i understand is that after 30mg threshold and added silicon becomes unbioavailable,but you still have that 30 mg, some of polymerized silicon may get hydrated in gut but idk to what degree!

By 30<mg/L silica he meant the maximum silicon you can get in available form in mineral water.
Well that is strange since the mineral water company he works with and mentioned offers a mineral water with a silica content of 55 mg/L as you can see here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acilis-Spritzer-silica-rich-water-400ml/dp/B01NCS2O7Q And he wrote >30 mg/L meaning a concentration of 30 mg per litre and higher.. Perhaps the polymerization plays no role in bioavailability? Or the polymerization happens at a different concentration?

Last edited:

paymanz

Well that is strange since the mineral water company he works with and mentioned offers a mineral water with a silica content of 55 mg/L as you can see here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acilis-Spritzer-silica-rich-water-400ml/dp/B01NCS2O7Q And he wrote >30 mg/L meaning a concentrationof 30 mg per litre and higher.. Perhaps the polymerization plays no role in bioavailability? Or the polymerization happens at a different concentration?
With higher ph it becomes more soluble in water and it stays in monomer form.maybe that mineral water is slightly alkaline so it has higher silicon in monomer form.

But it maybe also be 30mg in monomer form and rest of it is polymerized but anyway its silicon! So 50mg/l is still accurate!

OP
T

TreasureVibe

With higher ph it becomes more soluble in water and it stays in monomer form.maybe that mineral water is slightly alkaline so it has higher silicon in monomer form.

But it maybe also be 30mg in monomer form and rest of it is polymerized but anyway its silicon! So 50mg/l is still accurate!
I have found this:

HS 199 - Toxic Aluminum: The Trouble with this Abundant Element - Holistic Survival Show by Jason Hartman
Jason Hartman: So, can’t we just take a silicon supplement of some sort rather than worrying about the hard to find water?

Prof. Christopher Exley: Everybody asks this question. And it’s the obvious thing to do because you can go to your health foods shop and there’s loads of these silicon supplements. And unfortunately, silicon supplements are generally something called silica. Silica is of course what happens to silicic acid when aggregated it comes out as solution. Silica is sand essentially. Now, unfortunately, if you took some sand and you dropped it in some water, theoretically it will dissolve to give you soluble silicon, but you need to wait about several hundred thousand years or something like that. In other words, it’s a very slow process going one way and not the other.

These silicon supplements, many people take them and some people actually tell you that they get some positive results from them. That’s quite possible because silica is a surface upon which, for example, metals, including aluminum can absorb and it might help the metals to be excreted in that way. It doesn’t give you silicic acid. It doesn’t give you soluble silicon. Or if it does, it gives you a relatively small amount in comparison to what you can get simply from a mineral water and sometimes from your own tap water. But it’s very rare that tap water is so high in silicon as these specific mineral waters are.

So, the silicon supplements do not supply you with soluble silicon. It’s unfortunate. And we have for many years been involved with trying to develop something which does. And there are companies out there that claim to have developed things that do and we have tested them all and none of them live up to the claims. So, one has to be very careful about that. I don’t want to put people off from using silicon supplements. If people find them to be helpful, go ahead and use them, but they are not working in the way in which we understand this particular chemistry to work.

Also he wrote this study on Alzheimer's Disease and silicic acid: Why Industry Propaganda and Political Interference Cannot Disguise the Inevitable Role Played by Human Exposure to Aluminum in Neurodegenerative Diseases, Including Alzheimer’s Disease and here is a small test study of his, improving symptoms in 3 out of 15 Alzheimer patients: Silicon-rich mineral water as a non-invasive test of the 'aluminum hypothesis' in Alzheimer's disease. - PubMed - NCBI

And here is a more recent study Aluminium in brain tissue in familial Alzheimer’s disease - ScienceDirect stating:
5. Conclusions
Aluminium is neurotoxic [11,23] and the concentrations of aluminium found in these familial AD brains are unlikely to be benign and indeed are highly likely to have contributed to both the onset and the aggressive nature of any ongoing AD in these individuals. These data lend support to the recent conclusion that brain aluminium will contribute towards all forms of AD under certain conditions [15].

Also I wonder if this product delivers actual silicic acid to the body as its product description says: What is Eidon Silica Mineral Supplement? Professor Exley did not react to that Youtube comment inquiring about this particular product which uses ''ionic'' minerals. I would be interested in using such a supplement for neurological health for me and my loved ones.

Last edited:

paymanz

There is a product on the market which is choline stabilized orthosilicic acid,and its very bioavailable,you can find studies on pubmed using this product also.

Some types of beer also are good sources but beer is not peaty. maybe unhopped
Malt syrup is good option ,if it be high quality without any aflatoxins.
Or unhopped beers(but thats too much alcohol which is a problem!). I believe light ales was highest in silicon , but you can check it yourself ,there is studies done on this subject.

Animals connective tissues are also good source probably.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

There is a product on the market which is choline stabilized orthosilicic acid,and its very bioavailable,you can find studies on pubmed using this product also.

Some types of beer also are good sources but beer is not peaty. maybe unhopped
Malt syrup is good option ,if it be high quality without any aflatoxins.
Or unhopped beers(but thats too much alcohol which is a problem!). I believe light ales was highest in silicon , but you can check it yourself ,there is studies done on this subject.

Animals connective tissues are also good source probably.
Alcohol free beer? :D

BigBrain

loool thats why felt so good and sth. is going on in my brain after eating oats because they re really high in orthosilicic. I think they bind really good aluminium and other harmfull substances because orthosilicic + fiber which is excretes very good aluminium in gut.

Travis

This is great. Perhaps even if the less‐soluble silicates don't reach the brain they could still prevent re‐adsorption.

The aluminum in our bodies can be excreted by chelating with the tricarboxylates citrate and malate. Of course, some of whatever ends‐up in the kidneys is reabsorbed; perhaps silicon in the kidneys could prevent this. I think aluminum forms a stronger bond with silicon than it does with malate and citrate.

Molitoris, Bruce A. "Citrate: a major factor in the toxicity of orally administered aluminum compounds." Kidney international (1989)

'In addition, using the 72-hour urinary excretion of aluminum as an index of absorption, 50 times more aluminum was excreted in the urine when aluminum citrate was administered rather than aluminum chloride in the gavage solution. Everted gut studies, using duodenal or jejunal segments, revealed marked enhancement of the transmural movement of aluminum in the presence of citrate.' ―Molitoris

'The very high aluminum blood levels seen in patients receiving both aluminum and citrate would help to explain the acute neurotoxicity accompanying the usage of the combination of these compounds. In the studies by Slanin et al [14, 16] brain aluminum content increased three- and six-fold when aluminum citrate and aluminum hydroxide with citric acid were fed respectively, whereas no increase was seen when only Al(OH)₃ was given.' ―Molitoris

But avoiding aluminum is important too. The food with the most aluminum, on average, is probably frozen pizza. This can have aluminum both in the dough (baking powder) and the cheese (emulsifier). Previously‐ingested aluminum is probably most effected by its classic binding agents: citrate, malate, and silicon.

Processed food, pharmaceuticals, and aluminum foil/cans should be used with caution. Although it is generally tossed‐aside and ignored by the media as being a factor, aluminum really does cause dementia and is probably best avoided.

Horsetail tea in the French press is okay. The French press is good for this reason; you can infuse plants as soon as you're done drinking coffee.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals