Parmigiano Reggiano has 1.6% lactic acid!?

EnergeticLeo

Lactic acid content is 1.6g / 100g. Is this a high amount? I remember Peat would avoid some dairy due to its lactic acid content, and said lactic acid can lower liver glycogen more quickly.
On the other hand, Ray has spoken favourably about original PR cheese.

What are people's thoughts?

Limon9

Lactic acid content is 1.6g / 100g. Is this a high amount? I remember Peat would avoid some dairy due to its lactic acid content, and said lactic acid can lower liver glycogen more quickly.
On the other hand, Ray has spoken favourably about original PR cheese.

What are people's thoughts?
Don't you think yogurt is a lot more sour than parmesan?

OP
EnergeticLeo

EnergeticLeo

Don't you think yogurt is a lot more sour than parmesan?
I think it's a different kind of sour, maybe due to the higher water content in yoghurt.
A quick search suggests yoghurt has only 0.9% lactic acid.

Store bought yoghurt gives me crazy stomach cramps which i always assumed was the lactic acid, but i eat close to a kilo of DOP parmesan every 3-4 weeks, so now i am not so sure(cultured/unpasteurised yoghurt isn't a problem)

OP
EnergeticLeo

EnergeticLeo

Store bought yoghurt gives me crazy stomach cramps which i always assumed was the lactic acid, but i eat close to a kilo of DOP parmesan every 3-4 weeks, so now i am not so sure(cultured/unpasteurised yoghurt isn't a problem)
Interesting - it could be the higher production quality of the parmesan among other things.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals