Peata's Log For Weight Loss & Misc

Lin

Peata, I think I asked before, sorry... But could the problem be your gall bladder? Have you had that checked out?

OP
Peata

Peata

Amazoniac said:
Peata,
Just out of curiosity, have you tried going on an almost entirely solid foods diet, with only low-calorie drinks? It might be worth experimenting with that..

Yes.

Lin said:
Peata, I think I asked before, sorry... But could the problem be your gall bladder? Have you had that checked out?

Have had it checked, and there was irregularity in the contraction but no gallstones.

OP
Peata

Peata

Amazoniac said:
Peata said:
Amazoniac said:
Peata,
Just out of curiosity, have you tried going on an almost entirely solid foods diet, with only low-calorie drinks? It might be worth experimenting with that..

Yes.

How it went? Nothing noticeable?

No, nothing noticeable.

OP
Peata

Peata

Some notes...

So, I'm ending my 4th day with protein min. 120 g. Too soon to report any difference.

This is my 13th day on no/v.low starch. There seems to be no difference in digestion or anything, other than it MIGHT be helping my blood sugar stay more stable at night, as I've only woke one time in the night with the adrenaline and that was after eating some starch one day. But I don't know for sure that was why. And I still have to eat every 2 hours during the day, maybe up to 3, or I start to feel bad.

Back on low dose Cyproheptadine for a week now.

Been taking 200 - 400 mg. magnesium glycinate since new year. When this runs out, I plan to switch to a different form.

I've added 500 - 1,000 mg. B1 and 25 - 50 mg. zinc (along with the mag) daily for about 4 days to reduce ammonia, lactate, nitric oxide.

I've been taking 2,000 iu D, 2,500 K2, and using progest-E 2xday during luteal phase. Also using up some EmergenC to get the rest of B vits filled in.

After I started taking D, I noticed improvement in allergy symptoms but it might have been coincidence.

OP
Peata

Peata

Had an interruption in normal diet due to prep for medical tests and the day of the tests themselves. Back on track. Feeling pretty good emotionally/mentally and physically. I wonder if that has something to do with the all-liquid diet on Tues (ease of digestion) and then a bowel prep/laxative that cleaned me out.

Strangely I've gained weight during and after the liquid diet and yesterday's refeeding (calories were kept where it should have promoted weight loss both days). I can understand if my tissues held onto water or were inflamed from the liquid and laxative action, but my waist size seems normal and I don't feel bloated. So now I weigh a few pounds more than a few days ago. :roll: Though I do have some excess fat in hips, thighs, breasts, etc. most of it seems to be my big round belly.

Anyway, I realize I'd neglected the carrot salad for some time even though I eat a carrot daily. There is something about the shredded carrot with the dressing that seems to make a difference over just eating a carrot. Maybe shredding it lengthwise gives more surface area of carrot to work, or its the vinegar and oil helping things along. But I'm going to stop being lazy about making it, and in fact, plan to make it two times per day. I started last night.

narouz

Peata said:
Had an interruption in normal diet due to prep for medical tests and the day of the tests themselves. Back on track. Feeling pretty good emotionally/mentally and physically. I wonder if that has something to do with the all-liquid diet on Tues (ease of digestion) and then a bowel prep/laxative that cleaned me out.

Strangely I've gained weight during and after the liquid diet and yesterday's refeeding (calories were kept where it should have promoted weight loss both days). I can understand if my tissues held onto water or were inflamed from the liquid and laxative action, but my waist size seems normal and I don't feel bloated. So now I weigh a few pounds more than a few days ago. :roll: Though I do have some excess fat in hips, thighs, breasts, etc. most of it seems to be my big round belly.

Anyway, I realize I'd neglected the carrot salad for some time even though I eat a carrot daily. There is something about the shredded carrot with the dressing that seems to make a difference over just eating a carrot. Maybe shredding it lengthwise gives more surface area of carrot to work, or its the vinegar and oil helping things along. But I'm going to stop being lazy about making it, and in fact, plan to make it two times per day. I started last night.

Don't feel too bad about carrot laziness, Peata.
Even Peat, in one of his last 2 or 3 interviews said:
"Eating a carrot everyday can be tiresome."

Maybe in the same interview he noted that mushrooms--cooked, I'm pretty sure--
have the same kind of antibiotic properties.
So...I've been trying those.

OP
Peata

Peata

narouz said:

i saw your thread on mushrooms. thanks for the encouragement. i like mushrooms and eat them often - with green pepper and onion with scrambled eggs, or on pizza, or part of some dish. i wonder if the peat way is to eat them away from other foods similarly to the carrot salad?

btw, sorry if my posts without capitalization are annoying, but my keyboard has been messed up for some time and trying to make capital letters is a huge ordeal that involves multiple keystrokes and backspaces and frustration. sometimes i do the extra work to get it right and other times i just forget it and type on...

narouz

Peata said:
narouz said:

i saw your thread on mushrooms. thanks for the encouragement. i like mushrooms and eat them often - with green pepper and onion with scrambled eggs, or on pizza, or part of some dish. i wonder if the peat way is to eat them away from other foods similarly to the carrot salad?

btw, sorry if my posts without capitalization are annoying, but my keyboard has been messed up for some time and trying to make capital letters is a huge ordeal that involves multiple keystrokes and backspaces and frustration. sometimes i do the extra work to get it right and other times i just forget it and type on...

I like typing without caps myself. :)

Don't hold me to this,
but I'm pretty sure Peat said mushrooms should be cooked (like bamboo shoots),
and they can be mixed in with other foods.
(Seems kinda weird to me...but there you have it.)

Because you mention the green pepper:
I've always been a fan.
But I've been experimenting recently with a No Nightshade thing.
Potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, etc.
You ever done that?

OP
Peata

Peata

narouz said:
Peata said:
narouz said:

I like typing without caps myself. :)

Don't hold me to this,
but I'm pretty sure Peat said mushrooms should be cooked (like bamboo shoots),
and they can be mixed in with other foods.
(Seems kinda weird to me...but there you have it.)

Because you mention the green pepper:
I've always been a fan.
But I've been experimenting recently with a No Nightshade thing.
Potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, etc.
You ever done that?

not really, but i use small amounts and haven't felt it was a problem. i know someone with RA who tries to avoid nightshade. how is your experiment going?

narouz

Peata said:
not really, but i use small amounts and haven't felt it was a problem. i know someone with RA who tries to avoid nightshade. how is your experiment going?

Pretty good,
but as usual with my life
I'm trying many different things at one time
so that it guarantees I'll never know anything for sure. :D

I've never noticed anything real dramatic
linked to potatoes, peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, etc,
all of which I love.
But...Peat does warn about their allergic-ness for many.

Given that many of our woes seem focused in the gut, perhaps,
I just thought...what the hell, give it a shot.
I was eating a lot of coconut oil fried potatoes (among other things)
when my latest difficulties emerged....

...but but but ALL CAPS IS FUN!!! (I know, I'm so annoying) And nightshades are delicious....sauteed bell peppers, onions and mushrooms, mmmm *drools*

Many years ago mushrooms used to give me instant migraine-like headaches so I quit eating them, I wonder if I can eat them now?

Narouz, what are your latest difficulties (besides blue fingers)? Did you start a thread and I missed it?

OP
Peata

Peata

thebigpeatowski said:
...but but but ALL CAPS IS FUN!!! (I know, I'm so annoying) And nightshades are delicious....sauteed bell peppers, onions and mushrooms, mmmm *drools*

Many years ago mushrooms used to give me instant migraine-like headaches so I quit eating them, I wonder if I can eat them now?

Narouz, what are your latest difficulties (besides blue fingers)? Did you start a thread and I missed it?

BP off topic, but i was wondering if you remember any certain signs or symptoms when your liver was functioning better? (feeling better, hormones, blood sugar, etc. ) Do you recall if things got worse before better?

Thanks.

My liver pain went away, I could tolerate alcohol far better (wine especially) :roll: , massively reduced estrogen symptoms, skin cleared up, far better tolerance for caffeine, more energy, improved and more stable mood, stronger appetite and better digestion.

I definitely felt worse before I felt better, which was scary. It seemed to be sort of an ebb and flow, three steps forward and two steps back.

I think healing from malnutrition+long term hypothyroidism+severe hormonal imbalance is an ENORMOUS process and I'm still engrossed in it as I certainly haven't "arrived" yet....YET. Even tho it's a gradual process, I knew eight months ago that I was headed in the right direction. I think Dr. Peat is amazing for figuring this stuff out and I think the human body has an INCREDIBLE capacity for healing.

OP
Peata

Peata

thebigpeatowski said:
My liver pain went away, I could tolerate alcohol far better (wine especially) :roll: , massively reduced estrogen symptoms, skin cleared up, far better tolerance for caffeine, more energy, improved and more stable mood, stronger appetite and better digestion.

I definitely felt worse before I felt better, which was scary. It seemed to be sort of an ebb and flow, three steps forward and two steps back.

I think healing from malnutrition+long term hypothyroidism+severe hormonal imbalance is an ENORMOUS process and I'm still engrossed in it as I certainly haven't "arrived" yet....YET. Even tho it's a gradual process, I knew eight months ago that I was headed in the right direction. I think Dr. Peat is amazing for figuring this stuff out and I think the human body has an INCREDIBLE capacity for healing.

Thanks, this is helpful. Did you use Progest-e during this time? And did you use the carrot salad?

Yes...INSANE amounts of Progest-E for the first eight or nine months of Peating. My situation was different than most tho...I had a breast lump (just one, in my left breast), discovered through a mammogram when I was 40, but it had grown quite large, very visible to the naked eye, by the time I was 46. My doctor was insisting that I have a needle biopsy. I researched the incidence of needle track metastasis and decided not to. While I had many compelling and difficult health issues, it was this lump that was the major one scaring the life out of me. You know, the dreaded fear of the unknown, combined with ENORMOUS pressure from family and friends to "do something" about it. The pressure was unreal.

I don't talk a lot about this because I will never know if my lump was cancerous. I'm not claiming anything, but it's completely gone now. I truly believe due to the combination of HUGE amounts of Progest-E combined with a radical change in diet, a 180 degree shift in lifestyle and a temporary increase in thyroid meds. I had a thermogram done four months ago, both breasts are completely clear.

I will never ever have another mammogram again, not ever. I realize all of this is highly controversial, but knowing what I know about ionizing radiation and estrogen, it just ain't gonna happen.

So to sum up my very long winded answer YES, tons of Progest-E, but my particular situation warranted it. Your mileage may vary. I don't use or need anywhere near the quantity of Progest-E now. I did use the carrot salad for several months until I just flat out got sick and tired of carrots, then I switched to an apple a day. My liver and intestines like apples, I don't know why.

OP
Peata

Peata

My liver and gallbladder seem to love apples too. I ate them quite a bit when I was having gb issues a few years back. i ate two yesterday because it seemed to make me feel better.

well, i'm feeling pretty good emotionally/mentally but i feel like maybe my liver is a bit swollen the last couple days. like i have to shift position to more comfortable when sitting because of the feeling of fullness there, like a big lump pressing against rib, maybe a little burn at times. occasionally there is a small pinch or ache. i'm sure some of it is gb, as i've had issues with the contraction of it, but the fullness t feels bigger than the gb. i assume it's my fatty liver.

you mentioned liver pain though, not just feeling of fullness there.

Peata said:
...like i have to shift position to more comfortable when sitting because of the feeling of fullness there, like a big lump pressing against rib, maybe a little burn at times. occasionally there is a small pinch or ache. i'm sure some of it is gb, as i've had issues with the contraction of it, but the fullness t feels bigger than the gb. i assume it's my fatty liver.

you mentioned liver pain though, not just feeling of fullness there.

Yes, this exactly, always a dull ache, occasional pinch, but I don't ever recall a burning sensation. I distinctly remember shifting positions and feeling the need to stretch my right side to make room because I had the feeling of fullness. I probably had a fatty liver, I don't know tho cuz I never had it checked. I thought I might be having gall bladder issues, but every time I had a cheat meal and ate TONS of fat I had none of the gall bladder symptoms that people talk about regarding large fatty meals.

I was thirty five pounds heavier at the time (practically all of it in my abdomen and I'm super short). I just assumed it was fat pressing on my organs. My liver was not able to clear enough of the estrogen that my fat cells were churning out. I think too much estrogen has a negative affect on gall bladder as well as other organs...

OP
Peata

Peata

thebigpeatowski said:
I think too much estrogen has a negative affect on gall bladder as well as other organs...

Definitely. my symptoms would always get worse premenstrually.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals