Progesterone Post Partum

Emma4

Forum Supporter
Hello,
Newbie here.
I had my second child 9 weeks ago and have recently started taking progesterone again 4 days ago (I am exclusively breastfeeding and was waiting until 6 my supply was established). My cycle hasn’t returned yet, it didn’t with my first for 4 months.
Since starting progesterone, I have started spotting. Is this normal? Do I need more or less? I am having about 10mg per day.
Should I take it for 2 weeks then have 2 weeks off until my cycle returns?
Then do days 14-28 of my cycle?

Camille

Forum Supporter
Hello,
Newbie here.
I had my second child 9 weeks ago and have recently started taking progesterone again 4 days ago (I am exclusively breastfeeding and was waiting until 6 my supply was established). My cycle hasn’t returned yet, it didn’t with my first for 4 months.
Since starting progesterone, I have started spotting. Is this normal? Do I need more or less? I am having about 10mg per day.
Should I take it for 2 weeks then have 2 weeks off until my cycle returns?
Then do days 14-28 of my cycle?
Hi there! Im 7 months postpartum, i did pretty much the same and my period came back really fast. Now i stopped because i was suspecting the progest-e (don't know if you are taking that exact one) to be in part responsible for my baby's eczema... usually cow milk protein and soy are the main culprit. I started eating sheep milk products and it was a bit better but it didn't fully clear until I stopped the progest-e. Maybe its a coincidence but I don't want to risk it anymore.
But yes I tried to do 14 days out of 28 but now my cycle is longer, ovulation is on day 17 so better to wait until ovulation has passed (I can now feel pain the day i ovulate! Which is pretty cool cuz now I know exactly when it is)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals