Progesterone shortening menstrual cycle?

tiffanya

I started taking Forefront health Progesterone oil (Vit E/ MCT) about six cycles ago. My estrogen dominance symptoms have been mostly getting better, but it has been up and down. After a few cycles I had a 14 day cycle, and now for the past 3 cycles its been 20-22 days. I'm 40 and my cycle was fairly regular at 26-28 days, before taking progesterone. I was taking progesterone starting at day 14, but now it seems I'm ovulating at day 7 so I start it earlier. Should I continue with the progesterone after ovulation? I'm taking about 10-20 mg 3-4x a day at this point, depending on symptoms. I was hoping the progesterone would lengthen my cycle. Any insight into why it might be shortening it would be really helpful. I'm considering stopping the progesterone all together and starting thyroid.

Ucume

I started taking Forefront health Progesterone oil (Vit E/ MCT) about six cycles ago. My estrogen dominance symptoms have been mostly getting better, but it has been up and down. After a few cycles I had a 14 day cycle, and now for the past 3 cycles its been 20-22 days. I'm 40 and my cycle was fairly regular at 26-28 days, before taking progesterone. I was taking progesterone starting at day 14, but now it seems I'm ovulating at day 7 so I start it earlier. Should I continue with the progesterone after ovulation? I'm taking about 10-20 mg 3-4x a day at this point, depending on symptoms. I was hoping the progesterone would lengthen my cycle. Any insight into why it might be shortening it would be really helpful. I'm considering stopping the progesterone all together and starting thyroid.
Hi Tiffanya, are u still having this problem? I just found your thread and thought I could shed some light.
You say you believe you are ovulating on day 7 (this would make your cycle very short since your luteal phase cannot last more than 16 days maximum). But also, how are you SURE you are ovulating on day 7? If you take progesterone more than 2 days before you ovulate you will prevent ovulation and, therefore, you’ll have an annovulatory cycle which can then make u bleed too early or too late.
In cycling women P should only be taken once we are sure we have ovulated (or maximum 50h before ovulation which would improve fertility for that month).

I hope this helps!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals