Progesterone: Is Proge e OK during folicular phase to prevent migraine?

Happycat

So I gather that When you take P constantly throughout the cycle, you still get your period regularly without the need for stopping, am I correct? Also, do you know if you ovulate while on constant P? And how much do u normally take per day? (This is all very insightful, Happycat, thank you, not just for me but for my practice) 🙏🏼
I still get periods, but they are very irregular, as I am in perimenopause.
I don't know if I am still ovulating or not, I haven't tracked that.
I take quite a high dose, around 600mg during luteal phase and maybe 300-400mg during follicular. For sure I do not absorb that much, I use different methods of dosing: suppositories, progest-e sublingually and micronised progesterone on prescription to help with sleep.

LuMonty

@Ucume I'd have to ask my wife if she's doing her 50mg or 100mg dose but she knows her cycle well and stops taking Progest-e 1-3 day before she thinks she'll have it. She had originally done a whole week off rather than 1-3 days but she was getting dizzy from migraines. She's in her early 30s if that helps.

OP
U

Ucume

I still get periods, but they are very irregular, as I am in perimenopause.
I don't know if I am still ovulating or not, I haven't tracked that.
I take quite a high dose, around 600mg during luteal phase and maybe 300-400mg during follicular. For sure I do not absorb that much, I use different methods of dosing: suppositories, progest-e sublingually and micronised progesterone on prescription to help with sleep.
This is so helpful, Happycat, thank u very very much!

OP
U

Ucume

@Ucume I'd have to ask my wife if she's doing her 50mg or 100mg dose but she knows her cycle well and stops taking Progest-e 1-3 day before she thinks she'll have it. She had originally done a whole week off rather than 1-3 days but she was getting dizzy from migraines. She's in her early 30s if that helps.
Sorry for the late reply! This is very much appreciated! 🙏🏼🙏🏼

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals