Low Toxin Supplements PSA: DO NOT START ON NIACIN IF YOU ARE STILL LIVING A TOXIC LIFESTYLE

mosaic01

a chelator (gluconic acid)

Very interesting. Raw honey contains 5-10mg per gram.

I doubt he measured it in their bodies. More likely he measured it in their blood where copper indicates toxicity in the patient because copper is used by the body for... DETOX! It's more likely that the unhealthy people have less copper in their BODIES because they've used up more of it detoxing. This eventually leads to things like nerve issues and heart failure as copper gets taken from nerves and organs for detoxing.

Interesting theory. If that's true, many foods on the low toxin diet should still probably have enough copper (wheat, potatoes, beans, etc.)

I think the people who could be depleted in it are those who live on fast food and do not eat whole foods.

Last edited:

pubh12

Forum Supporter
Hi Charlie! I’ve been taking niacin all week (50mg) and didn’t feel much. Yesterday I decided to up the dose a bit to see if I could experience a flush. I took 250mg with breakfast and about 30 minutes later I did experience a good flush that lasted around an hour. I actually found it weirdly pleasant, despite being bright red. Then I spent all day in the sun.

Around 5am, this morning I woke up feeling AWFUL. I had horrible stomach cramps and nausea and honestly felt like death. I wondered if I’d rather go through my hard 20 hour labor again, with my last child, than feel how I felt. I vomited dark green bile around 20 times and couldn’t keep down anything, not even water. I finally was able to fall asleep for a bit and now it’s 2:30 pm and though I still feel pretty bad, I feel much better and the vomiting has stopped. Do you think this is due to the niacin and is some type of detox? I plan to stop the niacin and just focus on the diet for a while, but I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this. The niacin is the only supplement I’ve been taking.
I’ve not been able to get sick in six years, I’m still waiting for a detox even on the niacin. I’ll be a believer if I can get that to happen. How important do you think being in the sun was for this detox reaction to occur ? I get almost no sunlight

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I’ve not been able to get sick in six years, I’m still waiting for a detox even on the niacin. I’ll be a believer if I can get that to happen. How important do you think being in the sun was for this detox reaction to occur ? I get almost no sunlight
Honestly, I think the sun was a huge part of it. The past couple years I’ve been either pregnant or with a newborn during the warmer months and very low energy so I’ve gotten drastically less sunlight then I should’ve been. That was one of the first full days I spent in the sun in awhile, and combined with the niacin I think it triggered a huge detox event. Ever since then, I’ve been taking niacin and spending all day in the sun every day and I’ve had much more energy, but also feeling more relaxed and happy. The niacin flush gives me that feeling you get after you spend a long day at the beach. A bit tired (but in a good way), calm, happy, and super hungry! I’ve been sleeping so well at night.

pubh12

Forum Supporter
Honestly, I think the sun was a huge part of it. The past couple years I’ve been either pregnant or with a newborn during the warmer months and very low energy so I’ve gotten drastically less sunlight then I should’ve been. That was one of the first full days I spent in the sun in awhile, and combined with the niacin I think it triggered a huge detox event. Ever since then, I’ve been taking niacin and spending all day in the sun every day and I’ve had much more energy, but also feeling more relaxed and happy. The niacin flush gives me that feeling you get after you spend a long day at the beach. A bit tired (but in a good way), calm, happy, and super hungry! I’ve been sleeping so well at night.
Have you had any more detox events since that initial one? I’m up to around 200-400mg a day and still no detox. The first warm sunny day I’ll go out and lay in the sun all day and see what happens.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
Have you had any more detox events since that initial one? I’m up to around 200-400mg a day and still no detox. The first warm sunny day I’ll go out and lay in the sun all day and see what happens.
So after that, I had a lot of mucus for about 2-3 weeks. I was super congested and I'd cough up a ton from my throat too. It was only really last week when it finally started to go away, but no other big detoxes. I'm taking around 500-750mg of niacin divided throughout the day with my meals. I'm reading a fascinating book right now called Niacin: The Real Story and the authors say that the less you flush with niacin the more you need it. One of the doctor would use high dose niacin to cure Schizophrenia and said that Schizophrenics are what he calls "niacin dependent" rather than niacin deficient and often be they would need several grams of niacin daily for several weeks or even months before they would even start to experience the flush. Theres a lot of fascinating info in the book. He would recommend most people to slowly work up to 1000mg daily, divided between meals.

Anyways, I would keep doing what you are doing and try to get some sunlight when you can. The sun is such a huge gamechanger for me, personally.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I also forgot to add, I've been buffering my niacin as well using potassium bicarbonate. Charlie has a post about it that's super helpful!

ddjd

hey @charlie i just noticed in this "PART 3" clip that dr garrett was already looking so much better, and in this video hes still heavily criticising flush niacin, so his big improvement in health couldnt have come from the flush niacin, but must have come from the removal of vitamin a/retinol. what do you think...?

View: https://x.com/source_222/status/1779818209509527818

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
hey @charlie i just noticed in this "PART 3" clip that dr garrett was already looking so much better, and in this video hes still heavily criticising flush niacin, so his big improvement in health couldnt have come from the flush niacin, but must have come from the removal of vitamin a/retinol. what do you think...?

View: https://x.com/source_222/status/1779818209509527818

Not sure how old these videos are, but I find it really hard to listen to Garrett sometimes, honestly. The flush from Niacin is caused by increased prostaglandins which causes blood vessels to dilate. Niacin is an antihistamine. As someone who suffered with histamine issues for years and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, I can tell you that niacin is not causing a histamine dump for me. Niacin has been shown to drastically reduce allergy symptoms and even eliminate allergies. In several studies, guinea pigs were treated with niacin and then exposed to high levels of allergens leading to anaphylaxis. They found that the guinea pigs treated with niacin didn’t die from anaphylaxis like the guinea pigs who weren’t given niacin.

Niacin deficiency induces a disease called pellagra. What I also found incredibly interesting is that the flush from niacin occurs in the exact places on the body that the pellagra dermatitis appears when you are deficient.

Liver damage with niacin has also never been proven. The studies they used to prove “liver damage” were done on niacin given in conjunction with a type of cholesterol lowering drug. Instead of blaming the drug, the pharmaceutical industry put all the blame on niacin. Niacinamide (not flush niacin) can sometimes cause a temporary rise in liver enzymes. Of course, modern medicine will pathologise anything so that they can treat it, but a temporary rise in liver enzymes indicates liver activity. It does not automatically mean liver damage.

ddjd

Not sure how old these videos are, but I find it really hard to listen to Garrett sometimes, honestly. The flush from Niacin is caused by increased prostaglandins which causes blood vessels to dilate. Niacin is an antihistamine. As someone who suffered with histamine issues for years and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, I can tell you that niacin is not causing a histamine dump for me. Niacin has been shown to drastically reduce allergy symptoms and even eliminate allergies. In several studies, guinea pigs were treated with niacin and then exposed to high levels of allergens leading to anaphylaxis. They found that the guinea pigs treated with niacin didn’t die from anaphylaxis like the guinea pigs who weren’t given niacin.

Niacin deficiency induces a disease called pellagra. What I also found incredibly interesting is that the flush from niacin occurs in the exact places on the body that the pellagra dermatitis appears when you are deficient.

Liver damage with niacin has also never been proven. The studies they used to prove “liver damage” were done on niacin given in conjunction with a type of cholesterol lowering drug. Instead of blaming the drug, the pharmaceutical industry put all the blame on niacin. Niacinamide (not flush niacin) can sometimes cause a temporary rise in liver enzymes. Of course, modern medicine will pathologise anything so that they can treat it, but a temporary rise in liver enzymes indicates liver activity. It does not automatically mean liver damage.
I think you're missing the point that he's changed his view completely on flush NIACIN.

In his LYL member article on Nicotinic Acid, Dr. Smith starts with a "mea culpa". Quoting in part:

You may have even heard me previously (not even that long ago!) talk about the so-called "vitamin B3", aka Niacin, in a fairly negative way. Well, as I have done before with very important things like toxic vitamin D supplements and toxic "vitamin" A...I have now changed my stance 180 degrees on the compound known as NICOTINIC ACID, often referred to as "niacin", along with a lot of other related compounds (most of which are not helpful). Via a rapid education by Kelsey (thank you many times over Kelsey!), I understand this topic much more deeply now and I believe that this compound (the CORRECT form of it) is a KEY part to UNLOCKING DETOX BOTTLENECKS and making this whole recovery process FASTER!

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I think you're missing the point that he's changed his view completely on flush NIACIN.

In his LYL member article on Nicotinic Acid, Dr. Smith starts with a "mea culpa". Quoting in part:

You may have even heard me previously (not even that long ago!) talk about the so-called "vitamin B3", aka Niacin, in a fairly negative way. Well, as I have done before with very important things like toxic vitamin D supplements and toxic "vitamin" A...I have now changed my stance 180 degrees on the compound known as NICOTINIC ACID, often referred to as "niacin", along with a lot of other related compounds (most of which are not helpful). Via a rapid education by Kelsey (thank you many times over Kelsey!), I understand this topic much more deeply now and I believe that this compound (the CORRECT form of it) is a KEY part to UNLOCKING DETOX BOTTLENECKS and making this whole recovery process FASTER!
I definitely misread your comment. I just went back and read it again and now I understand. Sorry about that 😅 haha and I completely agree! I’m extremely skeptical of supplements, but I’m a huge fan of niacin now

pubh12

Forum Supporter

Do you know much about these flushes and how they affect serotonin levels? Will it eventually exhaust and lower the levels after a while ? Should niacin flush be avoided if you have serotonin issues ?

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
Those are good questions, and I suppose it would take some experimentation to see what works for you. I’ve never heard of niacin flush being contraindicated for serotonin issue, but I’m not an expert. The work of Dr. Abram Hoffer is very compelling. He used extremely high doses of niacin to treat a variety of mental illnesses and many other conditions and found that very few people reacted negatively to it and that the flush was incredibly therapeutic in the thousands of patients he treated. He firmly believes that niacin therapy should be explored above psychiatry and antidepressants use for mental illness, but of course there’s no money to be made that way. With anything though, there are always exceptions to the rule and all supplements should be approached with caution. But flush niacin, I believe is very safe, much more so than niacinamide, and you can also build up using very small doses to avoid the flush. (I personally love the flush) After, I posted my previous comment I realized this was an older video of Garrett’s. He’s also a big fan of niacin now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals