Pupils dilated around people

tara

Suikerbuik said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/93940/ Rather a sign of being in stress most of the time. The laughing will reduce stress hormones. And laughing also happen to lower CO2, especially noticeable in those who are metabolically limited.
I agree that laughing reduces stress hormones, and at least in the short-term reduces CO2 levels.

I have a suspicion, however, that it can also result in useful activation and relaxation of the diaghragm in some circumstances. Reduced stress hormones also tends to reduce hyperventilation. For people who tend to chronically hyperventilate with active chest muscles, inactive diaphragm, and chronically high stress hormones, as long as the additional temporary hyperventilation involved in the active laughing is not too severe, the longer-term effect of a good laugh may be to reduce hyperventilation and raise CO2 levels.

This could be another component of 'laughter is the best medicine'. I think this is consistent with my experience, but it is speculation on my part, not something I've seen studies on on. Does that seem feasible to you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Suikerbuik

Yes sure, google or use ncbi and search for terms like diaphragm, vagus nerve and/or laughing.

Joocy_J

kineticz said:
post 93910 Delete the link in your thread and stop living via false pretense.

Dilated pupils is adrenaline fight or flight.

Learned helplessness.
Atrophied adrenal glands.
High pre-frontal serotonin.
Social isolation.

You are not an 'alternative hippy' you have via a series of experiences drawn the wrong conclusions about life and people.

The world looks insane to anyone who is removed from it. Doesn't make the world insane. It's just some such as yourself have avoidant coping mechanisms.

The real skill in being a 'hippy' is actively having social status while discretely showing people that there is a 'better' way to live.

How stable was your childhood?

10/10 post srs

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals