Questions for coffee drinkers

Amazoniac

Hi,

A personal question:
Is coffee beneficial enough to consume it even if I don't have any specific craving for it? It's not that I'm repulsed, I just don't care, something neutral for me.
By the way, I only tried coffee once when I was a child and didn't like the taste that much, but like I mentioned, I was little.. I wonder how cravings for coffee appear and how people are introduced to it.

And if anyone noticed significant differences from its consumption it would be great to know!

milk_lover

Coffee, cravings and trial

Well until 17 years old, I wasn't much of a coffee drinker. I drank here and there while in high school. But when I entered college, I drank tons of it, usually staying up at night with a coffee mug in front of me doing projects or studying for exams. Needless to say, I almost got 4.0! So I don't know if it was the effect of coffee or my silly obsession of getting good grades to satisfy my shallow ego at the time. I guess it was introduced to me as a means or a necessity if you'd like to call it that, even though the taste initially wasn't my cup of tea (almost a pun). Then coffee in my inner mind was elevated to a higher degree, a degree that is associated with success and higher performance mentally and sometimes even physically (before I exercise, I drank it). With higher degree come subconsciously elevated taste, prestigious aroma, delight of a cup view. So now I just adore the experience of drinking coffee. If I were you, I would experiment with coffee. Make it taste good for you. If you like it strong, drink espresso. If you like it mild, make a coffee latte with plenty of sugar. I like to drink espresso with a dessert usually.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

milk_lover said:
post 112964 Well until 17 years old, I wasn't much of a coffee drinker. I drank here and there while in high school. But when I entered college, I drank tons of it, usually staying up at night with a coffee mug in front of me doing projects or studying for exams. Needless to say, I almost got 4.0! So I don't know if it was the effect of coffee or my silly obsession of getting good grades to satisfy my shallow ego at the time. I guess it was introduced to me as a means or a necessity if you'd like to call it that, even though the taste initially wasn't my cup of tea (almost a pun). Then coffee in my inner mind was elevated to a higher degree, a degree that is associated with success and higher performance mentally and sometimes even physically (before I exercise, I drank it). With higher degree come subconsciously elevated taste, prestigious aroma, delight of a cup view. So now I just adore the experience of drinking coffee. If I were you, I would experiment with coffee. Make it taste good for you. If you like it strong, drink espresso. If you like it mild, make a coffee latte with plenty of sugar. I like to drink espresso with a dessert usually.
Thank you for the detailed response!
Perhaps I should retitle the thread to: questions for those that don't drink coffee. Haha.
I will experiment for sure. But the purpose of my question is to hear more from coffee drinkers if they really noticed anything positive from coffee. As I said, I don't crave it, I'm just curious; and between trying something neutral or something I crave, I would rather choose the latter. The smell is nice though..
[highlight=yellow]I don't know how much people adore coffee because of the cult that surrounds it (which basically sums up your post) or if the cult is there because of its special properties.[/highlight]

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveFoster

I can't really think of any reason not to consume coffee. It's anti-estrogenic, good for the liver, raises dopamine, enhances cognition, raises metabolism, is one of the cheapest supplements in existence, tastes delicious with milk and sugar, reduces nitric oxide levels (one of the main contributors to degenerative disease), lowers serotonin substantially, likely lowers prolactin, increases strength output of the muscle, increases cardiovascular endurance, increases sociability in some cases, and allows one to work well under stress and lack of sleep.

If we think of adenosine, the antagonism of the compound is associated with wakefulness; the time in which we go about our lives and experience existence. In a way, caffeine compounds the degree to which we experience life in a literal sense.

Uselis

Personally I can't find any optimal macro ratios, exercise regiment or anything related to health for that matter that would make my mind fire in angles as it fires on coffee. The more I drink the better I feel which is weird because before I wasn't tolerating even 2 cups. It also has ok amount of magnesium which is hard to get on regular diet if you re not supplementing.

docall18

Yes drink it. If don't like taste try caffeine pills.

Caffeine raised my temps health etc. No dose of any thyroid hormones could..

Matt1951

Coffee is extremely addictive to me. Avoid
Use other Peat tools and foods. If you never take caffeine you will never miss it.

docall18

I used to also avoid it due to the negative press caffeine got. Also when I did take it I had a strong rxn.

Now I take approx 1000mg per day and it is prob my top supplement.
I feel a lot of my and others poor health is caused by liver issues, and caffeine is the best thing for liver issues Imo

Matt1951

Coffee has many health benefits, without question. Especially considering it is neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory. I just don't like the way it messes with my hormones, I feel more relaxed without it. There is also a budget issue, once hooked, you can spend quite a bit of money over the rest of your life.

milk_lover

Amazoniac said:
post 113027 I don't know how much people adore coffee because of the cult that surrounds it (which basically sums up your post) or if the cult is there because of its special properties.
My post was not about the cult that surrounds coffee :D I mentioned its benefits on me mentally and physically. I drink it because I enjoy it and I know it's good for my body!

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals