quite a peaty place to live!

healthiest place ecuador

Image result for healthiest place ecuador

Vilcabamba

Lifestyle in Vilcabamba, Ecuador
High in the mountains of south-central Ecuador, it is often said to be one of the healthiest places in the world to live. In fact, the valley of Vilcabamba is often referred to as the “Valley of Longevity.” That's because people here routinely live into their 90s and 100s.

Mauritio

Beautiful place !!

"Our theory is that the local sugarcane liquor—distilled in most every cane field—is toxic to germs and viruses if you drink enough of it."

Reminds of the liquor caribbeans drink ,who often reach a hundred years or more as well. The liquor is high in policosanol!!

Last edited:

jnklheimer

Beautiful place !!

"Our theory is that the local sugarcane liquor—distilled in most every cane field—is toxic to germs and viruses if you drink enough of it."

Reminds of the liquor caribbeans drink ,who often reach a hundred years or more as well. The liquor is high in policosanol!!
or, you know, living at high altitude, nice food and friendly people, barely any EMF, less toxicity in every aspect of life. but they say it's probably the liquor? seriously?

Mauritio

or, you know, living at high altitude, nice food and friendly people, barely any EMF, less toxicity in every aspect of life. but they say it's probably the liquor? seriously?
That definitely plays a role ,just as the liquor , since there's proably a good amount of policosanol in there .

Elast1c

Geo

i dreamed of retiring there but that seems impossible now, with all the lockdowns and ban of travel. I want my life back.

Personally I didn’t like Ecuador. Poor services, so-so food, not the safest. Many issues. To me with all due respect it is awful. Different strokes...

Birdie

A cardiologist friend mentioned that smaller people tend to have less stress on the heart and tend to live longer. In checking the heights of people in Ecuador, we find listed here, on Wikipedia, men and women looking pretty short. That would be another consideration. Marie Calment was, I think, less than 5ft tall. Just saying there are a few parameters to consider besides location.

Men on left, women on right. These figures are for Equador. You can see the people are smaller there.
167.1 cm (5 ft 6 in)154.2 cm (5 ft 1⁄2 in)

Last edited:

Razvan

A cardiologist friend mentioned that smaller people tend to have less stress on the heart and tend to live longer. In checking the heights of people in Ecuador, we find listed here, on Wikipedia, men and women looking pretty short. That would be another consideration. Marie Calment was, I think, less than 5ft tall. Just saying there are a few parameters to consider besides location.

167.1 cm (5 ft 6 in)154.2 cm (5 ft 1⁄2 in)
Smaller people tend to have more heart problems than taller people. That's false.
Taller people on the other side have more cancer probability.

Birdie

Smaller people tend to have more heart problems than taller people. That's false.
Taller people on the other side have more cancer probability.
What we had discussed was that the heart didn't need to pump as much for a small body as it did for a larger body. I was a little concerned since my daughter is almost 6ft tall. But all these things are tendencies.

Blue Water

quite a peaty place to live!

healthiest place ecuador

View attachment 21500
View attachment 21501
View attachment 21502

Vilcabamba

Lifestyle in Vilcabamba, Ecuador
High in the mountains of south-central Ecuador, it is often said to be one of the healthiest places in the world to live. In fact, the valley of Vilcabamba is often referred to as the “Valley of Longevity.” That's because people here routinely live into their 90s and 100s.
Ecuador requires the vaccine to enter last I checked. Unless you have medical exemption.

Michael Mohn

Making a living in Ecuador isn't easy. It's the poorest country in South America for a reason. I met a few gringos there who started a business and made good money. If you're successful expect to live behind walls and barb wire in a gated community. Roads have been falling apart since the 50's.

OP
K

koky

Making a living in Ecuador isn't easy. It's the poorest country in South America for a reason. I met a few gringos there who started a business and made good money. If you're successful expect to live behind walls and barb wire in a gated community. Roads have been falling apart since the 50's.
Vilcabamba in particular?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals