Raw Carrot And Side Effects

GmC

Good afternoon everyone.

I have a question for those who have tried carrot salad, or raw carrot.

I've tried and ate 3 raw carrots, and an hour later +/- , I've experienced a massive headache, and I started to become irritated.
My gut also start to experience some pain...
Maybe the fiber in the carrot leads to an increase in bad bacteria in the gut ?

Any advice, or suggestion why this happened ?

Thanks in advance.

G.C

Lolinaa

I don't know why this happened to you. I do eat raw carrots salad with some oils and vinegar and I see only improvements.

Its supposed to rid your body of endotoxin by having like a brushing effect in your intestines.

Aaron

Try adding it to a smoothie with Greek yogurt. I feel unwell whenever I have any significant digestive load lacking in protein and carbohydrates.

John Estrada

Have you tried it smaller amounts like 1/2 - 1 carrot? I believe Ray peat has talked about one of the components in carrots being hard to convert in people that are hypothyroid.

magnesiumania

Can i eat raw carrots with other foods and still benefit from it? In terms of lowering lipopolysacharide, eliminate excess estrogen etc?

sladerunner69

Good afternoon everyone.

I've tried and ate 3 raw carrots, and an hour later +/- , I've experienced a massive headache, and I started to become irritated.

Thanks in advance.

G.C

3 carrots is probably too many because of the beta-carotene. This is something Dr Peat has warned about, and why he recommends no more than a single carrot per day, shredded with coconut oil and white vinegar. The beta-carotene is apparently anti-thyroid and can cause issues with many people.

jet9

Good afternoon everyone.

Thanks in advance.

G.C
+1, carrots give headache and make me more irritable. (+ hungrier)

Gone Peating

+1, carrots give headache and make me more irritable. (+ hungrier)

If I drink a glass of fresh oj with the carrot salad I don’t have these issues

Also make sure to use oil and salt on the carrot. Maybe ditch the vinegar it makes it too strong for me

magnesiumania

Ive found some interest for the carnivore idea? What protective toxins may carrots contain?

Velve921

Good afternoon everyone.

Thanks in advance.

G.C

When many people eat the raw carrot salad or white button mushrooms it can rapidly enhance the metabolism which can lead to low blood sugar if there is not enough food reserves available.

Having a full breakfast could be good then 1 hour later have the salad and be ready with food 1-2 hours after.

I always do mushrooms or carrot first thing in the morning, but I need to have food ready or else I get wired and head can start feeling funny.

boris

Definitely need to eat something or drink orange juice relatively shortly after the carrot. Also make sure the carrot is good and fresh. I get very bad reactions to bitter or old carrots. The carrot needs to be crunchy and taste nice and sweet.

Apple

I get dark circles under eyes shortly after eating carrot salad.
Could it be oxalates (carrots are rich in oxalates) ? I wash grated carrot and drink a bit milk right after just in case.

When I experminted with eating lentils everyday for lunch in the past I was getting same dark circles...it was enough to discontinue with lentils

Last edited:

aniciete

I get dark circles under eyes shortly after eating carrot salad.
Could it be oxalates (carrots are rich in oxalates) ? I wash grated carrot and drink a bit milk right after just in case.

When I experminted with eating lentils everyday for lunch in the past I was getting same dark circles...it was enough to discontinue with lentils
Do you still run into this issue?

LA

Good afternoon everyone.

Thanks in advance.

G.C
Once in a while - when we feel we would like to have carrot salad then my husband purchases TJ's organic carrots. After peeling the skins, I shred all the carrots and put them into a container. We eat a serving after a meal. It lasts about 2 or 3 days in the refrigerator. I like them after eating oysters and hard boiled eggs. We both add some Organic Apple Cider vinegar with NO (zero) added water, organic Olive Oil to taste and sometimes a pinch of salt. No problem and it is good to clear the system.
It is best to avoid eating too much of it at one time. Best wishes.

K

Kayaker

Once in a while - when we feel we would like to have carrot salad then my husband purchases TJ's organic carrots. After peeling the skins, I shred all the carrots and put them into a container. We eat a serving after a meal. It lasts about 2 or 3 days in the refrigerator. I like them after eating oysters and hard boiled eggs. We both add some Organic Apple Cider vinegar with NO (zero) added water, organic Olive Oil to taste and sometimes a pinch of salt. No problem and it is good to clear the system.
It is best to avoid eating too much of it at one time. Best wishes.
Purple carrots would be better than organic carrots.:emoji_eggplant:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals