"Ray Peat (1936–2022)[2] was an American conspiracy theorist.."

Mr Joe

Funny article.

"The Ray Peat Forum is a crazy forum for alt-righters, crackpots and science-haters who promote all kinds of irrational conspiracy theories about nutrition. They have a thread about this RationalWiki article but not one user has been able to refute any of the evidence on it.[65]"

Anybody aware of the thread he is talking about ?

brightside

Yeah. If you follow the reference, it leads directly to it.

It’s kind of funny, whoever wrote that checked here often enough to find the thread above. That person was quite invested in disproving it, even though he considered it “quack” science. Hmm, perhaps not so quack if he has to resort to name calling and using weak and illogical arguments. Not so rational after all.. ;)

Mossy

Hmm, perhaps not so quack if he has to resort to name calling and using weak and illogical arguments. Not so rational after all.
Like all today whose religion is The Science™. They presume immunity from their a priori bunkers, from where they shoot their ad hominem arrows.

Peater

The author:

ACKSHUALLY SEED OILS ARE VERY HEALTHY

Attachments

• ack.jpg
    ack.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 41

Limon9

I love this. It's so much more vicious than the average RationalWiki article, rising in proportion to the convincingness of the source material.

Momma

Guaranteed (in all actuality) this has very little to do with the science of Peat truly; and is much ado about being butt hurt on the forum. They must be so proud of themselves.

Momma

I love this. It's so much more vicious than the average RationalWiki article, rising in proportion to the convincingness of the source material.
Lol. Exactly.

Sheik

"On his website, Peat embarrassed himself by trying to dispute..."

People who actually value rationality don't talk like this.

This article just runs with all the mainstream science without taking into account the most crucial point to all of this: science is heavily influenced by big business. Hence the "outdated" studies. Hence the "ignoring of clinical research".

Let me say it again:
science is heavily influenced by big business.

If you don't address that, you're not even having the conversation.

I'd also like to point out that Ray Peat was a good person with nothing but the best of intentions. That's obvious from nearly every conversation he had. He wasn't trying to undermine anyone's career for the sake of it.

Peater

Coconut oil being healthy isn't controversial even in the normiest of normie spheres anyway. It's a strawman argument. I was using it before I'd even heard of Ray, I think I was vegan at the time, so around 2009. It was just gaining popularity then, I think.

Izzybelle

Ridiculous. I could see this coming. Ray Peat is conspiracy theorist, according to them, just like JFK Jr, but also a quack, etc. Where is the section on progesterone if they purport to know anything about his work, or thyroid for that matter? Pretty fundamental to his research. Oh, but they do have a section on "The Ray Peat Diet," which is nonexistent. This is just another censoring agenda. I mean, look what their mission is, to decide for everybody what is "psuedo science" and to label dissenting views as "anti-science." What "anti-science movement?" Give me a break. Explorations of authoritarianism and fundamentalism? Seems antithetical to their previous statements. They shouldn't be using such big words that they clearly don't understand.

Our purpose here at RationalWiki includes:
  1. Analyzing and refuting pseudoscience and the anti-science movement;
  2. Documenting the full range of crank ideas;
  3. Explorations of authoritarianism and fundamentalism;
  4. Analysis and criticism of how these subjects are handled in the media.
One thing useful I did find in their references is Ray Peat's obituary, which I hadn't read before, which in part reads:

Many will try to repackage Peat’s insights under dumbed-down diets, protocols, but the true nature of the work will always elude them, as it did those metallurgists greedily following Pareclsian texts, huffing and puffing at furnaces and creating metal monstrosities instead of gold...."

Last edited:

Serge

Conspiracy theorists are those who say that Steele's dossier was thumbsucked and Biden's LLS's are existant. Despite the fact that all of this is true, you can't deal with those crazy people, conspiracy theorists.
It's very funny to me as a person who was born in the "totalitarian" USSR watch the West walking into some self-made cage. Jeez, we had way more freedom than this.

Izzybelle

The scary thing about it to me is that it involves health-related science. They've got a lot of not just pharmaceuticals but also invasive diagnotics and dubious procedures to sell us, and if the regulating agencies are in bed with the manufacturers then there is no regulation. And now it seems they've convinced the masses that all of the science bubbling forth from the regulators and parroted by the mainstream is the god's honest truth verboten to question, and now you've got these censorship vigilantes running around trying to save us from rational scientific dissent and discussion.

Pablo Cruise

Funny article.

"The Ray Peat Forum is a crazy forum for alt-righters, crackpots and science-haters who promote all kinds of irrational conspiracy theories about nutrition. They have a thread about this RationalWiki article but not one user has been able to refute any of the evidence on it.[65]"

Everyone is a nutrionalist.....they are a dime a dozen. To say Peat was a conspiracy nutrition provacteur is to say bread pudding is a dessert. I think someone is hurting for some attention to make such a claim.

Peater

It's very funny to me as a person who was born in the "totalitarian" USSR watch the West walking into some self-made cage. Jeez, we had way more freedom than this.
I wasn't born there, and yet I see it too! Any survival tips for the approaching USSK? :D

Serge

I wasn't born there, and yet I see it too! Any survival tips for the approaching USSK? :D
In fact, in the slowly perishing USSR you could do pretty much anything. At 1980 I was 6. Then I went to school were I was like the best pupil - and they tried to politisize me, like make me responsible for the class of kids learning or walking with a flag. I said no - because I don't like th political dog marriage. And they just let me be. My point is the USSR at its latest was not scary. we pranked the police as kids or washed communist slogans with ***t, just a kiddy thing. Noone went to Gulag, even when caugt.
But I think any of my advice will be useless to to you. The level of lies on which the modern hegemon exists is so huge. They lie in your face and walk away with it. No, I don't think I have any useful advice. Be yourself - that's the only one.
I can't give advice to people who live in a society that claims that a man can get pregnant or gender is flexible. This is your endemic task-to-do.

Jneet

Not mindlessly guzzling down vegetable seed oil makes you a consipracy theorist because the science says it is heart healthy! Just like the "safe & effective" vaxxes.

Summer

The only people who use rational wiki are “science”-worshipping, nihilistic Redditors who get their news from r/Politics.

Time&energy

Funny article.

If he at least doesn’t have a biology PhD then this guy can’t even debunk Ray Peat based on pure credential authority lol. Maybe that’s why the article was so quick to dismiss his expertise, saying he has no training in nutrition or something as if that’s not covered in biology.
I think the guy disagrees strongly but doesn’t have the authority to demand respect. What a clown.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom