Announcement Ray Peat Gave me His Blessing to Start the Ray Peat Forum, Full Permission Was Granted

lvysaur

But Peat made suggestions about optimal foods and diet, and many of his suggestions are completely incompatible with health.
For you. They work pretty well for some people, and not for others.

lamassu

I disagree. The name should stay as long as people are still allowed to come to the forum and discuss whatever they wish be it Toxic Bile or Ray Peats work. There are many opposing views on this forum, just because @charlie has his own path doesn't mean the whole forum should transition. If we changed the name for every topic under the sun it should just be called reddit.
There always have been opposing views on the forum which is great. There was always Anti-peat sections and posts before but now the difference is that its become anti-peat by default (and name). The authoritarianism present now is disappointing and antithetical to Peat's work.

peter88

Smells fake. Reading Ray's other correspondences, he would always stylize 'okay' as 'o.k,' not 'OK' as in this example. Here are screenshots full of such examples:

View attachment 61729
View attachment 61730

View attachment 61731

View attachment 61732

'OK' does however match its first usage in the sender's (your) message, possibly suggesting the sent message and reply were created by the same person.

I'm not sure I buy that Ray ever gave his blessing based on this alone, sorry.
Why were they banned for this?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Why were they banned for this?
2. We Do Not Permit
g. Back seat moderating. If you have an issue please click the report button and notify us so we can look into the situation. We will not allow disruption of the forum due to grievances with moderators. If you disagree with a moderator decision you do this via PM.

Impero

Thanks for that Charlie.

I have no doubt you are a man of honor and integrity; you have made that clear.

Because of that, for the good of the forum—considering Danny's email and another one that's been shared around (found below)—I think it would be worth it to post an actual screenshot of your exchange with Ray.

Given that the purpose of this very thread was to clear things up, it would be a shame if it ended up having the opposite effect.

Cheers good sir!

Attachments

• photo_2024-02-28_19-22-18.jpg
    photo_2024-02-28_19-22-18.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 138
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks for that Charlie.

Because of that, for the good of the forum—considering Danny's email and another one that's been shared around (found below)—I think it would be worth it to post an actual screenshot of your exchange with Ray.

Given that the purpose of this very thread was to clear things up, it would be a shame if it ended up having the opposite effect.

Cheers good sir!
So here we have a fine example of the Ray Peat cultists contacting Ray and saying that big bad charlie is saying mean things about you and your Progest-E supplement. He had a strong impression because the cultists were always in his ear about this forum. Thank God Ray does not have to deal with that harassment anymore. Ray even admitted in the email, there was no evidence of such allegations. And as we know, Ray was an honest man.

I can only imagine what Katherine is having to deal with now, the jackals must be having a field day with her. "That mean ole charlie is saying Ray Peat's food suggestions are toxic, such disrespect, he is spitting on Ray Peat's grave, there isn't even a Ray Peat diet!" They are serial harassers who harass my family and the forum members here, so I would not put anything past them. A toxicity oozes from them of the deepest kind.

InChristAlone

Thanks for that Charlie.

Cheers good sir!
Where did that come from? Screenshots on smartphones are usually screenshot***.png even if you edit it. This is a named jpg which suggests it is not a screenshot.

Impero

So here we have a fine example of the Ray Peat cultists contacting Ray and saying that big bad charlie is saying mean things about you and your Progest-E supplement. He had a strong impression because the cultists were always in his ear about this forum. Thank God Ray does not have to deal with that harassment anymore. Ray even admitted in the email, there was no evidence of such allegations. And as we know, Ray was an honest man.

I can only imagine what Katherine is having to deal with now, the jackals must be having a field day with her. "That mean ole charlie is saying Ray Peat's food suggestions are toxic, such disrespect, he is spitting on Ray Peat's grave, there isn't even a Ray Peat diet!" They are serial harassers who harass my family and the forum members here, so I would not put anything past them. A toxicity oozes from them of the deepest kind.
What I think people find most striking about that email is not the supposed allegations (which, as you say, have no proof!) but the fact that he says "I haven't yet determined the identity and location of the website owner."

I agree Ray was an honest man, and I think you are too, which is why I mentioned posting your screenshot of your conversation with him would be so powerful. It would also strengthen the forum's legitimacy vis-à-vis its new era: the Toxic Bile Theory movement, built atop Ray's work.
Where did that come from? Screenshots on smartphones are usually screenshot***.png even if you edit it. This is a named jpg which suggests it is not a screenshot.
That is my bad. I sent this image to my Telegram to have it on my computer, which changed its original name.

But now that you mention it @InChristAlone, you bring a very fair point: screenshots can be easily falsified.

So, rather than a screenshot, I think a video screen recording from your conversation with Ray would put this whole thing to rest, Charlie.

And God knows we need some rest!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What I think people find most striking about that email is not the supposed allegations (which, as you say, have no proof!) but the fact that he says "I haven't yet determined the identity and location of the website owner."

I agree Ray was an honest man, and I think you are too, which is why I mentioned posting your screenshot of your conversation with him would be so powerful. It would also strengthen the forum's legitimacy vis-à-vis its new era: the Toxic Bile Theory movement, built atop Ray's work.

That is my bad. I sent this image to my Telegram to have it on my computer, which changed its original name.

But now that you mention it @InChristAlone, you bring a very fair point: screenshots can be easily falsified.

So, rather than a screenshot, I think a video screen recording from your conversation with Ray would put this whole thing to rest, Charlie.

And God knows we need some rest!
Are you having fun yet?

View: https://x.com/ProjectImpero/status/1762906050158559303?s=20

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

nomoreketones

That is good to know that you had Ray's permission. Even knowing that it seems clear that the forum name and domain should change. There is certainly value in a Low-Toxin Lifestyle forum but the Ray Peat Forum name no longer fits.
I disagree. When I see the name "Ray Peat" in the domain name I think of open mindedness and a community that is willing to go against conventional ideas if those conventional ideas are wrong.

So what if the main focus of this forum is a "low toxin lifestyle"?

There can be plenty of other threads covering a broad range of Ray Peat's other ideas. Also there are years of topics covering Ray Peat's ideas and it would be harder for people to find those topics if the forum name changed.

A big focus of Ray Peat was bacterial endotoxin. I see the low toxin lifestyle as being related to that.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So, which is it?

Are you taking the True Man of Honor and Integrity Way? (Posting your secret screenshot)

Or the easy way out? (Dropping the hammer)
D. All of the above.

ray-peat-email.png

I hope you sleep good tonight, I know I will.

text thor GIF

tallglass13

It would be helpful if you provided evidence of these exchanges. The only time I've seen Ray Peat comment on this forum in an email exchange was in 2018 when he said that the forum seems to have become a deliberate source of misinformation about him. Showing a few positive emails between you and Peat would thus do a lot for your case.

I think the main issue people are trying to point out is not whether you had the permission to start the forum, but whether you have the permission to keep Ray's name attached to it now that it is no longer representing his work. Were you to ask Ray today if he would be fine with you creating an anti Vitamin A forum in his name, what do you think he would say?
Remember, that those deliberate sources of misinformation are the trolls and the forum members, not the Forum owner.

mosaic01

Remember, that those deliberate sources of misinformation are the trolls and the forum members, not the Forum owner.

Yeah, it's ridiculous how the people attacking this forum have framed it.

Also, claiming this forum is no longer representing his work is not legitimate in my view. Avoiding anti-metabolic toxins is actually the key to a healthy thyroid function. That Peat missed the most prevalent toxins, for example retinol and copper, is sad but the great thing is that humans can learn and here we are, learning from past mistakes, honoring Peat's empirical approach to biology and life.

All of the changes are really just about the lowest level of Peat's observations and approach, the food and supplement choices. One needs to be completely blinded by ideology to think a single man would be able to get all facts right about the perfect diet for mankind. Following someone else without criticial reflection is a sign of authoritarianism he wrote against so much.

Last edited:

hierundjetzt

Also, claiming this forum is no longer representing his work is not legitimate in my view. Avoiding anti-metabolic toxins is actually the key to a healthy thyroid function. That Peat missed the most prevalent toxins, for example retinol and copper, is sad but the great thing is that humans can learn and here we are, learning from past mistakes, honoring Peat's empirical approach to biology and life.

All of the changes are really just about the lowest level of Peat's observations and approach, the food and supplement choices. One needs to be completely blinded by ideology to think a single man would be able to get all facts right about the perfect diet for mankind. Following someone else without criticial reflection is a sign of authoritarianism he wrote against so much.
I honestly don't think that Ray missed anything. If you re healthy, you don't have any problems processing retinol or copper. Not tlking about synthetic versions, but retinol and copper from real food.

tallglass13

Well said.

TripleOG

It would be really interesting if you added upvotes and downvotes to each post to see where people stand.
Every forum that implements this inevitable devolves to “posting for likes” and “shitposting for notoriety”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals