3slackC

Extremely simple pancake mix I came up with:
- 60g Masa Harina
- Large whole Egg (Or egg white only + saturated fat, I like the eggy taste)
- 60g Lactose Free Whole Milk (Lactose free for subtle sweetness)
- 60g Lactose Free Low Fat Quark not Soured (Lactose free for subtle sweetness)
- Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar if you like, I don't add any

Basically 1 : 1 : 1 : 1 for harina : egg : milk : quark by weight. Use less flour if you want, also works. More quark or Egg whites = fluff. More fat = tenderness.

Instructions:
Add butter to a (pancake) pan and heat.
In the meantime, add all ingredients to a bowl in the following order: Masa harina, Salt, Egg, Quark, Baking Soda, Milk (Mix thoroughly after adding each ingredient).
Wipe pan clean with paper towel to leave only a tiny film of butter. Try not to add loads of fat.
Add pancake mix to pan and wait until you see it solidify. Then flip and wait again.

Macros:
- 373 kCal
- 20.3g Protein
- 48.0g Carbs
- 9.6g Fat

Perhaps I enjoy them so much, because I never had actual pancakes - anyways, eat with jam or honey and a glass of skim milk. Makes a nice small breakfast:
pancake.png

Last edited:

Peatful

Yes.

Food pictures please
And thank you

Pete Rey

Cream cheese or mascarpone are probably the best substitutes for quark for this purpose. Eggs and cream cheese blended together is the classic keto pancake, of which I made many back in the day. My impression of quark was like greek yogurt but with a smooth texture. It's really its own thing. It's a shame my German ancestors didn't bring it across the Atlantic.

I do have half a mind to try this recipe...and top it with some real maple syrup this time around, not some sugar-free Aunt Jemima chemical cocktail.

Kimster

Forum Supporter
Cream cheese or mascarpone are probably the best substitutes for quark for this purpose. Eggs and cream cheese blended together is the classic keto pancake, of which I made many back in the day. My impression of quark was like greek yogurt but with a smooth texture. It's really its own thing. It's a shame my German ancestors didn't bring it across the Atlantic.

I do have half a mind to try this recipe...and top it with some real maple syrup this time around, not some sugar-free Aunt Jemima chemical cocktail.
Keep your eyes peeled, you can still find Quark here and there.

GTW

I found Bob's Red Mill Organic masa harina has the best corn flavor.
My similar recipe, I make thicker, call them scones or hominy corn pone.
Nixtamal harina 120 cc, psyllium husk 20 cc, buttermilk, baking soda tsp.
You can make your own buttermilk, start with store product.
Sometimes add ground rosemary, nettle leaf, other herbs.

OP

3slackC

Is quark like a yogurt?
Like really low moisture yogurt with less lactic acid.

You can probably use greek yogurt (2%) as a substitute. Milk is added because quark has too low moisture content.

Ismail

Extremely simple pancake mix I came up with:
- 60g Masa Harina
- Large whole Egg (Or egg white only + saturated fat, I like the eggy taste)
- 60g Lactose Free Whole Milk (Lactose free for subtle sweetness)
- 60g Lactose Free Low Fat Quark not Soured (Lactose free for subtle sweetness)
- Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar if you like, I don't add any

Basically 1 : 1 : 1 : 1 for harina : egg : milk : quark by weight. Use less flour if you want, also works. More quark or Egg whites = fluff. More fat = tenderness.

Instructions:
Add butter to a (pancake) pan and heat.
In the meantime, add all ingredients to a bowl in the following order: Masa harina, Salt, Egg, Quark, Baking Soda, Milk (Mix thoroughly after adding each ingredient).
Wipe pan clean with paper towel to leave only a tiny film of butter. Try not to add loads of fat.
Add pancake mix to pan and wait until you see it solidify. Then flip and wait again.

Macros:
- 373 kCal
- 20.3g Protein
- 48.0g Carbs
- 9.6g Fat

Perhaps I enjoy them so much, because I never had actual pancakes - anyways, eat with jam or honey and a glass of skim milk. Makes a nice small breakfast:View attachment 58057
This looks super yummy! Thank you for sharing 🙏

Peatful

Mossy

Like really low moisture yogurt with less lactic acid.
Quark is tasty. It's no where to found in common US grocery stores. I see you're in Germany. Prior to discovering Peat, I was following the Budwig protocol, from a German biochemist and alternative medicine advocate; so, no wonder she used quark. Her protocol is very anti-Peat, as her perspective considered that "...polyunsaturated fatty acids were protective." Since I couldn't find it in stores, I just make it from scratch myself.

Attachments

• quark_1.png
    quark_1.png
    333 KB · Views: 15
  • quark_2.png
    quark_2.png
    277.7 KB · Views: 14
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals