Ray's Quick Therapy Diet: 2 Quarts Of Milk And 2 Quarts Of Orange Juice Per Day

m_arch

Out of curiosity, if you feel like telling, how much were you drinking at once? And were you drinking the full 4 quarts daily?
I struggled to get the full 4 quarts the first few days - but did eventually manage to get it down for about 11 days or so. It was a struggle - and my pee was always clear and I had to go a lot. I remember reading a matt stone article where he talked about too much fluid lowering the metabolic rate also.

I wasn't comfortable doing this diet anyway. Now I have about 1L milk, 500ml OJ a day as well as starch (usually a big potato meal) as well as other solid food. It seems to work better for me long-term.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

I would imagine the 2 + 2 quarts to correspond to a 170 pounds person; somebody leaner , for example 120 pounds, would only need 2 or 3 quarts . (?)

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Giraffe

I struggled to get the full 4 quarts the first few days - but did eventually manage to get it down for about 11 days or so. It was a struggle - and my pee was always clear and I had to go a lot. I remember reading a matt stone article where he talked about too much fluid lowering the metabolic rate also.

I wasn't comfortable doing this diet anyway. Now I have about 1L milk, 500ml OJ a day as well as starch (usually a big potato meal) as well as other solid food. It seems to work better for me long-term.

I aimed for 1.5 l of each, milk and orange juice. I started to prepare all milk coffee (no water). Usually I heat a bit more milk than I need for the coffee and drink it hot with a good load of salt.
Part of the orange juice is used to make jello. I have not raised my intake of fluids much if at all. (I eat a little less fruit at the moment.) - No signs of stress here.

superhuman

Isn't this too much liquid... which slows the metabolicr ate? I tried this as a pufa delepetion thing but I had to pee too often and it was always clear.

RP has never said liquid causes slowing of metabolic rate, that is all Matt Stone gospel. RP talks about to much water. RP said that milk, oj is osmotically perfect and is great and has nothing to do with to much liquid

I hear Dave Foster does 4 to 6 gallons :woot:

Velve921

For my first year of Peating, I consumed:

1/2 gallon of milk a day
1/2 gallon - 1 gallon of milk a day
1-2 cups of ice cream a day

I totalled 500-600 grams of carbs a day. I put on a lot of weight of course but it was the only way to get temps and pulse up. After 2 years, I now consume 300-350 grams of carbs as my blood sugar is improving and my temps/pulse can stay higher with less food. I'm also putting on muscle like crazy and slowly losing fat.

tara

Thanks m_arch,
Do you remember if you drank the milk and OJ as 3 or 4 meals a day - a litre or so at a time - or small amounts spread out over many drinks in the day, eg every waking hour?
I've read such articles by Matt Stone too.

RP has never said liquid causes slowing of metabolic rate, that is all Matt Stone gospel. RP talks about to much water. RP said that milk, oj is osmotically perfect and is great and has nothing to do with to much liquid
Yes. But it's possible that Stone has a point - there are lots of personal reports around of people having trouble with too much liquid. (Not everyone - just some people.)

I'm still curious about how much difference the spacing makes.
Also wonder whether the trouble sometimes may be not so much too much liquid, as too little accompanying solids/higher density.

m_arch

Thanks m_arch,
Do you remember if you drank the milk and OJ as 3 or 4 meals a day - a litre or so at a time - or small amounts spread out over many drinks in the day, eg every waking hour?
I've read such articles by Matt Stone too.

Yeah there was no way i'd be able to drink even 1 liter at a time. I couldn't force it down or i'd throw up.

PakPik

So much liquid! I love this diet, OJ,milk, with carrot salad thrown in. But I would have to live in the water closet. More sodium helps....a little. How do people do on so much liquid?

I couldn't do the pure liquid version. For me I had to add a little rice (1/2 cup). It is still very low starch, but it helps balance the liquids, and I can tell I feel better with that small amount of "solid" than without it. I also feel that gelatin (12gr x 2) has helped balance the liquids, which makes sense as RP says that gelatin is a "osmotically active substance" and that it is "the osmotic imbalance of the blood causes tissue cells to take up more water". So those two additions have done the trick for me, plus of course, the many other supportive strategies.

thegiantess

Well, you won't lose weight then...

This is just not true across the board. I drink maybe 8 oz of oj a day, eat a fair amount of fruit, maybe a pound or so a day, but get plenty of starchy carbs from potatoes and rice. I estimate I eat either 2ish cups of rice a day or about 12-16oz of potatoes and I continually lose weight. My diet is otherwise low fat. I am in the post partum window, so may be at a metabolic advantage, but still... Just to say that someone won't lose weight with potatoes is silly.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Well; i guess it depends too on the amount of potatoes; i always prepare mine with plenty of butter, coconut oil and some cream, as Ray advised ( "never eat plain potatoes, as it will quikly raise blood sugar").

Maybe this is what adds to the fattening effect in me.

DaveFoster

Is this news? I thought this was the standard diet on the forum. It's mine anyway.

Hello @burtlancast, thanks for sharing this. I didn't know about this "diet". It's definitely similar to what I've been doing for 3-4 months. Aimed it as a gentle, healing diet as well, specially for PUFA depletion (it yields around 0.3% kcal PUFA) and also for concentrated nutrition.
1.5 L Freshly squeezed and strained OJ (rarely exchange it for fresh coconut water)
1.5 L 1.5% milk mixed with 4 tablespoons of honey
2 mangoes or some other fruit
1/2 cup white rice,
and recently added to this 25 grams gelatin, and also get weekly liver.

It's been a success so far, very supportive, and I would love to stick to it for many months to come.
Very good diet.

superhuman

This is just not true across the board. I drink maybe 8 oz of oj a day, eat a fair amount of fruit, maybe a pound or so a day, but get plenty of starchy carbs from potatoes and rice. I estimate I eat either 2ish cups of rice a day or about 12-16oz of potatoes and I continually lose weight. My diet is otherwise low fat. I am in the post partum window, so may be at a metabolic advantage, but still... Just to say that someone won't lose weight with potatoes is silly.

Well thats around 700 kcal from those food, thats not really much and something to brag about.Adding some protein etc on top of that your good and ofc you eat in a caloric deficit thats why you loose weight, not something other magical stuff

thegiantess

Well thats around 700 kcal from those food, thats not really much and something to brag about.Adding some protein etc on top of that your good and ofc you eat in a caloric deficit thats why you loose weight, not something other magical stuff
Wasn't bragging. People get so defensive about starches around here, it's fascinating. I was simply stating that it's not true for all people. And I don't eat in a caloric deficit. But thanks for all the assumptions!

superhuman

Wasn't bragging. People get so defensive about starches around here, it's fascinating. I was simply stating that it's not true for all people. And I don't eat in a caloric deficit. But thanks for all the assumptions!

I have nothing against starches. Starches has "nothing" to do with not loosing weight or weight gain. 500 kcals from starches vs 500 kcal from OJ will not have the same calorie input by the body so you will end up with ingesting less calories with the OJ since it does not spike insulin that much, provides minerals and sugar/fructose that will stimulate metabolic rate more so you end up with "eating less" then starches. Thats all

Zachs

Well; i guess it depends too on the amount of potatoes; i always prepare mine with plenty of butter, coconut oil and some cream, as Ray advised ( "never eat plain potatoes, as it will quikly raise blood sugar").

Maybe this is what adds to the fattening effect in me.

Yes, fat is fattening.

Zachs

I have nothing against starches. Starches has "nothing" to do with not loosing weight or weight gain. 500 kcals from starches vs 500 kcal from OJ will not have the same calorie input by the body so you will end up with ingesting less calories with the OJ since it does not spike insulin that much, provides minerals and sugar/fructose that will stimulate metabolic rate more so you end up with "eating less" then starches. Thats all

A pure glocuse or starch diet would burn more fat than a pure sucrose or fruit diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals