Ready To Give Up

OP
O

oldfriend

Who said, "hang in there," besides you? :)
Maybe this expectation of a certain answer or a certain kind of answer is what's holding you back. Be open with yourself: do you want a magic pill for a deeper problem, to any degree?
I was referring to the posts encouraging supplementation or modifications to this approach, although thats appreciated too. Of course I want a magic pill :) However, I would happily settle for a diet that I was confident could improve my health. I'm sorry if my attitude sucks. I guess my intention is to reach out for some unconventional (or perhaps more conventional) help, or a little nugget of hope. I'm not getting the nutrients I need for life, opportunities are just passing me by because I can't figure out the most basic of necessities. It's dramatic, but as time goes on the struggle is very real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terma

When you get to this point, doing any single suggestion is very likely to fail. You have to do 3-10 different things at once to jolt it. In that respect it's not completely unlike something like ME/CFS, but it's really just an operating characteristic of several conditions, which is disappointingly not diagnostic. You could have something simple like a severe single vitamin deficiency you don't suspect, but odds are not super high.

I would say add all the following at the same time, more or less in this order:
* TUDCA supplementation at HIGH dose - dose is critical or it appears to do nothing: ~1500mg/day in two doses, easily up to 2000mg; for a good 1-2 months at least; see other threads; get liver enzymes tested; beware there are garbage supplements out there as well; does not work overnight unless thyroid activation is poor (in which case you'd notice it quickly at high doses)
* heavy sun exposure OR moderate UVB-light usage (to go with liver; get levels tested before eating liver, especially in your case)
* a small minimum of Vit C and Vit E (to go with UVB exposure, mainly) - Note: It's possible to get mild scurvy from low Vit C, see authors like Travis (smoking) and Paul Jaminet; but very high Vit C intake eventually becomes a problem in itself - can't tell for you
* eat beef or veal liver one to several times a week (copper, vit A, - even other vitamins IF your absorption is poor) - you said you ate this before, but you cannot just stop eating liver and substitute with supplements, it's the most nutrient-dense common food on the planet; it COULD potentially hurt you, but imo odds are better that it helps, assuming you do the rest of these suggestions - you may need up to 1-2 months to notice benefits
* oysters or zinc picolinate or zinc gluconate (to go with liver; last because this could give you stomach pain if you don't do the rest first; copper would as well, but liver is not that hard to digest, relatively)
* add some egg yolks (not too many whites) for the cholesterol and choline - you could add this at earlier step if you tolerate them; whites could help depending on your situation but I highly doubt it - Note: eggs could feel bad several ways especially if your gut flora is a mess
* quit all dairy for a few months (up to forever if you have to)
* also try all of this but without the TUDCA if it really does nothing in high-dose for a month or two - in this case add a little T4/T3 combo

I'm far from a doctor, you've posted no blood levels I can see, but this is basic combo to try.

I've had most of your issues in my life except constipation (but I used TUDCA to good effect, despite the D-promoting effect).

For bleeding gums:
* Stop all citrus fruits (unconfirmed suspicions).
* Lower fructose for awhile (you can probably start it again later; if it truly causes problems - which is possible especially since of your development issues - it's mostly likely microbiome-related).
* Cap total carbs at maybe 150g-250g/day for awhile, approximate, in case you get real undiagnosed blood glucose issues (preventative) - however this can aggravate protein tolerance if issues stem from glucose regulation or bad liver.
* Most likely Arginine is damaging until your body can handle it (it is used in synthesis of things like creatine, however).
* Magnesium goes with calcium.
* High-dose CoQ10: 600-1200mg/day, or about half that dose for ubiquinol form (absorbs better, more expensive) - if get powder, it only absorbs with fat, so mix it into some coconut oil or butter

General things, and also somewhat for bleeding gums:
* Stop all extra fat-soluble vitamin supplements except from food/sun, except tiny amount of Vit E (you probably loaded up on a little already) - add some greens and maybe MK7 once a week - would stop MK4 for awhile, it is not that well understood, some people have had life-destroying effects from it, believe it or not.
* Never take androsterone; pregnenolone also did not help me either; progesterone can help for sleep but probably avoid it in your case, not totally harmless.
* Don't take prednisone, even if it appears to help (it will stop helping after not long anyway).
* You can't just stop calcium intake completely - always balance Ca/Mg/Na/K/Cl no matter the diet - sum up your diet with tracking or spreadsheet software.
* Don't give up.

Best I can give you in my current state and with available information.

OP
O

oldfriend

When you get to this point, doing any single suggestion is very likely to fail. You have to do 3-10 different things at once to jolt it. In that respect it's not completely unlike something like ME/CFS, but it's really just an operating characteristic of several conditions, which is disappointingly not diagnostic. You could have something simple like a severe single vitamin deficiency you don't suspect, but odds are not super high.

I would say add all the following at the same time, more or less in this order:
* TUDCA supplementation at HIGH dose - dose is critical or it appears to do nothing: ~1500mg/day in two doses, easily up to 2000mg; for a good 1-2 months at least; see other threads; get liver enzymes tested; beware there are garbage supplements out there as well; does not work overnight unless thyroid activation is poor (in which case you'd notice it quickly at high doses)
* heavy sun exposure OR moderate UVB-light usage (to go with liver; get levels tested before eating liver, especially in your case)
* a small minimum of Vit C and Vit E (to go with UVB exposure, mainly) - Note: It's possible to get mild scurvy from low Vit C, see authors like Travis (smoking) and Paul Jaminet; but very high Vit C intake eventually becomes a problem in itself - can't tell for you
* eat beef or veal liver one to several times a week (copper, vit A, - even other vitamins IF your absorption is poor) - you said you ate this before, but you cannot just stop eating liver and substitute with supplements, it's the most nutrient-dense common food on the planet; it COULD potentially hurt you, but imo odds are better that it helps, assuming you do the rest of these suggestions - you may need up to 1-2 months to notice benefits
* oysters or zinc picolinate or zinc gluconate (to go with liver; last because this could give you stomach pain if you don't do the rest first; copper would as well, but liver is not that hard to digest, relatively)
* add some egg yolks (not too many whites) for the cholesterol and choline - you could add this at earlier step if you tolerate them; whites could help depending on your situation but I highly doubt it - Note: eggs could feel bad several ways especially if your gut flora is a mess
* quit all dairy for a few months (up to forever if you have to)
* also try all of this but without the TUDCA if it really does nothing in high-dose for a month or two - in this case add a little T4/T3 combo

I'm far from a doctor, you've posted no blood levels I can see, but this is basic combo to try.

I've had most of your issues in my life except constipation (but I used TUDCA to good effect, despite the D-promoting effect).

For bleeding gums:
* Stop all citrus fruits (unconfirmed suspicions).
* Lower fructose for awhile (you can probably start it again later; if it truly causes problems - which is possible especially since of your development issues - it's mostly likely microbiome-related).
* Cap total carbs at maybe 150g-250g/day for awhile, approximate, in case you get real undiagnosed blood glucose issues (preventative) - however this can aggravate protein tolerance if issues stem from glucose regulation or bad liver.
* Most likely Arginine is damaging until your body can handle it (it is used in synthesis of things like creatine, however).
* Magnesium goes with calcium.
* High-dose CoQ10: 600-1200mg/day, or about half that dose for ubiquinol form (absorbs better, more expensive) - if get powder, it only absorbs with fat, so mix it into some coconut oil or butter

General things, and also somewhat for bleeding gums:
* Stop all extra fat-soluble vitamin supplements except from food/sun, except tiny amount of Vit E (you probably loaded up on a little already) - add some greens and maybe MK7 once a week - would stop MK4 for awhile, it is not that well understood, some people have had life-destroying effects from it, believe it or not.
* Never take androsterone; pregnenolone also did not help me either; progesterone can help for sleep but probably avoid it in your case, not totally harmless.
* Don't take prednisone, even if it appears to help (it will stop helping after not long anyway).
* You can't just stop calcium intake completely - always balance Ca/Mg/Na/K/Cl no matter the diet - sum up your diet with tracking or spreadsheet software.
* Don't give up.

Best I can give you in my current state and with available information.
Thanks, your advice is very intuitive. My teeth do seem to get worse when I'm guzzling OJ. I've always been afraid to get on prednisone and I've never had bad ulcers or much bleeding. I haven't bled once since starting LDN. I must say that my experience with lower doses of TUDCA has been good. I can't be sure because I was taking with other things, but I think it cleans up estrogen pretty well and reduced the size of my varicocele. If it's OK I'd like to ask you some questions in private, but your settings have prevented a PM.

Terma

^ I also have a lot of technical problems on this forum, and don't get any more help on it since I criticized too much or something.

About steroids: There's one exception: Allopregnanolone.

Even if you take pregnenolone or progesterone, it's not guaranteed you're getting a enough or a good ratio of allo, if 5-AR is compromised or possibly (conjecture) if ratios are distorted. Compromised 5-AR is thought to be a serious issue in Post-Finasteride and Accutane poisoning.

Allopregnanolone highly modulates circadian rhythm, which in turn affects bile secretion. And probably other mechanisms with 5-AR I forget.

In general, broken circadian rhythm could be a cause of all this, though your history casts doubt on that idea.

In that case, I'd suggest look at Paul Jaminet's work, though I don't approve of every single aspect. I might not be around enough to reply reliably, so just post it here, I'll see it easier.

DrJ

Everything you wrote made me think that you need (from your doctor) a thyroid supplement in a physiological/natural ratio of T3/T4. You said in your first post you had supplemented thyroid, but you didn't say what kind. I also think cyproheptadine might help for your gut issues. It has for mine. If you take cypro and it knocks you out, I think it means you're largely running on stress hormones (so need to get thyroid function going). Sorry if I missed it, but did you have trouble with ice cream (of good quality with no gums or carrageenan)?

OP
O

oldfriend

About steroids: There's one exception: Allopregnanolone.
So does that mean you condone 5A-DHP?

Get liver tested before eating liver? How will I know if liver is hurting me? I haven't found an appetizing way to prepare it that doesn't involve milk.

You could have something simple like a severe single vitamin deficiency you don't suspect, but odds are not super high.....I'm far from a doctor, you've posted no blood levels I can see, but this is basic combo to try.
What should I have tested? I'm seeing an endocrinologist soon I hope. I've been referred to an integrative health doctor but not sure if it will be approved.

I really have too many questions to ask. Perhaps you can send me a PM or I can shoot you my email (oldenjon at gmail). If not, I will edit this post with the most pressing of them.

OP
O

oldfriend

Everything you wrote made me think that you need (from your doctor) a thyroid supplement in a physiological/natural ratio of T3/T4. You said in your first post you had supplemented thyroid, but you didn't say what kind. I also think cyproheptadine might help for your gut issues. It has for mine. If you take cypro and it knocks you out, I think it means you're largely running on stress hormones (so need to get thyroid function going). Sorry if I missed it, but did you have trouble with ice cream (of good quality with no gums or carrageenan)?
I've tried Tyromix and Tyromax. Haven't had any revelations there, only increased need for nutrients without the ability to supply them. I did take Cypro and mentioned it made me gain 40 lbs. It dried me out some, and makes me sleep too long. In some ways I miss it, but think it's best for emergencies. I seem to have an issue with lactose and all good ice cream has it. I get lactic acid pretty soon after eating lactose regularly.

Terma

So does that mean you condone 5A-DHP?

As a diagnostic tool, it's of enormous value. I don't condone taking it forever. And I would not take more than once every 2-4 days depending on the dose.

The first way to try it is 15mg taken sublingually (as long as you can) in the morning, on waking. No more than once every 3 days at first, 2 is pushing it. Tolerance will develop.

Do not do this without sufficient NaCl (Cl mainly).

After that fails, try 5mg sublingual at bedtime, every 2 days or so.

Note: I noticed slight worsening of gums after overdoing this supplement. But it was the only side effect, and I'm not 100% certain it's to blame; I'm being cautious.

Allo is involved is circadian rhythm, food intake (it can decrease satiety and promote food intake), HPA axis and depression, memory, and just about everything else through circadian rhythm. The only thing I'm not sure is when it's most physiological to take in (morning or evening), due to the fact most data comes from rodents [I could use some help figuring that out]

Get liver tested before eating liver? How will I know if liver is hurting me? I haven't found an appetizing way to prepare it that doesn't involve milk.

Yes, get liver enzymes tested, you should be able to get that from GP/insurance afaik. Beef/Veal liver is very high in retinol or esters which is possibly part of the reason for it feeling like crap on the day you consume it. That's the main issue I'm aware of (there's also contamination, so getting either veal or organic beef is better, but I didn't see concrete evidence of this last I looked which was several years ago).

I hate the taste of liver when it's not in pâté, and I can never find the patience to do that, so liver is always disgusting to me. But it's worth it to me. It's less bad if I cook it shorter and put it in the fridge before trying to eat it. I barely do it once a week, but too long without it and my brain capacity lowers over weeks/months. Ask others for real recipes.

I really have too many questions to ask. Perhaps you can send me a PM or I can shoot you my email (oldenjon at gmail). If not, I will edit this post with the most pressing of them.

I do prefer if you post them here, because otherwise I end up duplicating information others could use, and I don't have enough free time/energy (I have poor health too), and there's many things that others could fill in while I'm not here.

If something's just too personal, you can mail at: jag_ge_d$str_ipes$at$zo$ho_dot_c$om (remove all underscores and dollar sign characters, there are non in my address, and change the at and dot). But I can't turn off the notifications on this forum, so it's gotten flooded with pseudo-spam. But I can tell you right now I have no issues with libido so I can't relate much on that part and others would probably know more about it. It's not unlikely you would have that [still].

Last edited:

DrJ

I've tried Tyromix and Tyromax. Haven't had any revelations there, only increased need for nutrients without the ability to supply them. I did take Cypro and mentioned it made me gain 40 lbs. It dried me out some, and makes me sleep too long. In some ways I miss it, but think it's best for emergencies. I seem to have an issue with lactose and all good ice cream has it. I get lactic acid pretty soon after eating lactose regularly.
Good to hear. I think it can take quite some time to get things working right, especially if you've been in a stress state for a long time, so you have to stick with it. I can totally identify with having trouble supplying the increased nutrients when your metabolic rate increases and you can't keep up but also can't put your finger on what is going wrong when things start to get better and then it stops. That is still an ongoing trouble for me. Liver has helped me there, and I choke it down by soaking it in milk and eat with a tiny bit of mustard or horseradish, 2oz, 2x/week. It's really not so bad. If cypro makes you sleep too long then I think that is because you are still running on the stress hormones, so it means you are not getting your thyroid function to where it needs to be and adequately suppressing thyroid. I couldn't tell if you tried them together, but thyroid with cypro has been a big help for me, especially if I've run into more gut problems. And once I got past the stage of it knocking me out and making me sleep too much or making it too hard to get up in the morning, I found that it made me sleep very nicely and wake up easily feeling well-rested.

The other thing that might be a factor is liver glycogen storage. If you can get that up by taking smaller but more frequent amounts of sugar, B vitamins, and maybe a little taurine, it could help a lot. If you could get to, say, 12 hours of glycogen storage then you would be much more 'robust' to problems and stresses. The thyroid would actually have energy to work with, and the cypro should not have it's 'ill' effects (I don't really think they're bad if it is suppressing cortisol and histamine since you want to get that under control, but you can consider it as a sign to read). If I consume sugar frequently, with thyroid, and also cypro, I actually lose weight and get a noticeably flatter stomach, and I think that has to do with keeping blood sugar stable (which having plenty of glycogen storage helps if you're not doing anything to spike it, like lots of starches). Famotidine could possibly help with increasing liver glycogen storage.

Terma

Also, try high-dose Riboflavin. Mainly in the morning, though lower at dose at night sometimes does something good.

It's very important to get Riboflavin because dairy is the highest food source, and eggs are a mixed bag w.r.t. B2 and biotin.

[Again, in concert with the other suggestions]

Last edited:

Sobieski

I'm sorry to hear of your predicament. My apologies if this has already been suggested, but it seems that many of these problems you describe are related to your very high estradiol/E2. Have you had LH and FSH tested before? It's possible that your high e2 is shutting down signals from your pituitary gland, and consequently your body is not receiving the hormones it needs. If this is the case, a tried and tested aromatase inhibitor (IE Aromasin) would significantly lower your e2 and allow your pituitary to start sending the signals your body requires. It's just another angle to consider to get your health on track.

Collden

Have you tried meditation? It sounds like you have a lot of unresolved emotional trauma, this leads to chronic tension throughout your body which can cause any kind health problem, especially gastrointestinal problems.

I doubt whether you'll be able to resolve your issues with any particular diet. Jumping from one dietary extreme to the next is like whack-a-mole and as soon as one imbalance is corrected another will appear, try just letting go of food restrictions and eat whatever you are craving.

Jumping between different diets and trying different drugs and supplements - the main purpose this serves is as a mental distraction, you likely have far deeper psychological issues that you are subconsciously afraid of and avoid facing by keeping your mind 100% preoccupied searching for an organic cause for your problems, but I think this is looking in the wrong place.

Other than that I would recommend you dont spend too much time on the computer, especially internet browsing, this contributes massively to cognitive overload which makes you feel overwhelmed. Your original post really exhudes the type of confused desperation that is the result of having taken in way too much conflicting information in too short a time for your brain to have made sense of it all. You need to give yourself a break from computers/smartphones/tv/reading etc to give your mind a chance to gain some perspective on your situation, then you might not feel quite so desperate anymore. Getting proper sleep is also vital for your brain to integrate new information and reduce cognitive overload, so I'd do everything you can to optimise your sleep routine, getting off computers in the evening should help a lot with that.

Last edited:

SQu

Agree about focusing on the gut. A friend who is very allergic to egg and gelatin has psoriasis, and apparently there's a link with c.difficile. C.diff may be worth looking into even if you don't have psoriasis. I suggest search this forum re c.diff, I think @Ella has discussed this. Trehalose too, a history of lots of processed foods may be the link. My friend lives mostly on coffee, sugar and potato fairly successfully.

Douglas Ek

These threads seem to pop up occasionally on the forum. I think it's time for mine.

I was not the healthiest child. As an infant my parents took me off of dairy after recurrent ear infections and put me on soy. I drank milk in my grade school years but I was a latch key kid and ate a lot of fast food, and low-nutrient sugar meals. I had terrible allergies, had my adenoids removed, a deviated septum, varicocelectomy, varicocele embolization, and most of my tooth matter replaced with mercury fillings all before the age of 18. I was also molested by a family member and emotionally abandoned / neglected by the others.

After a few years of binge-drinking and cocktails of psychotropic medications in my early 20s I got sober, and tried to clean up my act. Soon after I was diagnosed with ulcerative proctitis, and was struggling with bad allergies, and low libido. I went to a naturopath who advised me to start a candida diet. Lots of whole grains, fat, chicken, green smoothies, and zero sugar. I tested allergic to eggs (off the charts), gluten, and was teetering on casein. I eventually crashed and started a fruitarian diet. Lost weight, spent many days in bed, no tolerance for cold weather, etc. Eventually I became ravenous and started eating any and everything. I would eat bananas, mangos, juice and dried fruit and more conventional meals at night. Still avoiding eggs and meat, but eventually added fish and sometimes splurged on cheese. My energy, allergies, and outlook were all improved. Not great, but improved so I stuck with it even though I still had somewhat painful bowel movements and an inconsistent libido. My resiliency and stamina were always compromised however.

A couple of years later I was going to school full time and working, so I slowly slipped back into SAD and fast food. It was not long before the stress of my diet and lifestyle took a toll on me. It was during this time that I started eating paleo and got back on SSRIs. Moreover, I moved in with family and suffered emotional distress due to PTSD/BPD issues. I did this for a couple of years but had a very bad episode when I decided to stop taking SSRIs, training on my bicycle, taking L-citrulline and Macuna Pruriens to help with my libido. I became so constipated that not even saline enemas could help. I started experiencing pain in my chest and extreme fatigue, urinating nearly every hour, stress hormones skyrocketing etc.

This was the start of a very bad chapter akin to the one that got me dieting in the first place. I went to the ER and had an abnormal EKG. I had some labs and my estradiol was well above the reference range, androgens and T at the low end, D below the reference range. I tried a low FODMAP diet, SCD, and then found Matt Stone. That led me to Ray Peat. I got on Cyproheptadine and started sleeping again. I started gaining weight and this was a good thing I thought; I had been underweight for years. I started supplementing with pregnenolone, thyroid, fat solubles, antibiotics, b vitamins etc. I ate lots of meat, ice cream, milk, fruit, gelatin, liver. Some combinations made me sluggish and constipated so I mixed things up by dropping all dairy, droppping meat, dropping fiber, adding starch, vegetables, less sugar & more fruit etc.

Fast forward a year and a half, I'm 32, I gained 40 lbs and most of it is still here after stopping cypro. I have stretch marks all over my thighs, started smoking again, gums are receding, had two teeth extracted, need root canal or more extractions soon. I consistently wake up to high cortisol no matter what. Joints click and pop when I move. Numbness in hands and feet. Dull pains any my legs and feet. I've had only fleeting success with libido, and have crows feet now. This summer I've been pin-balling my diet in a frantic state of emergency. Modified SCD to Lactose-free Peat. I had a couple of good weeks on the latter, but I mostly attribute that to the temporary euphoria of stress hormones and a new love interest that I have to let go of now.

It seems like no matter what I eat, it creates new problems. High protein lead to low blood sugar, high ammonia, and constipation. High fiber / starch leads to serotonin, endotoxin, estrogen, and adrenaline. Milk to constipation and hypercalcemia. Acid fruits / sugar to receding gums, and erosion of enamel. Everything to inflammation that just won't subside and is ruining my life.

I try to stay positive, I've been going to therapy, going on walks, trying to breathe but a lot of the time my sinuses are inflamed or blocked by polyps.

I'm not digesting anything, my body is shutting down, and I don't know what to do for it anymore. I can't continue with Peat, but I don't know if there's anything left to try. Please help. If anybody can recommend a dietician or other practitioner in the northern or bay areas of California I'm willing to try anything. Doctors think I'm a hypochondriac and family wants me back on psych meds.

I hear you man! I was in a similair place as you once but not for as long and probably not as bad as yours but i managed to turn that around. My first question is what blood work have you done? Have you corrected nutrient deficiencies you had? Like optimal vitamin D? Magnesium, iron, ferritin, copper, ceruloplasmin, vitamin B12 etc. Theres so many test you can do here and if they arent in good range it can be a cascade of bad things happen. You need these nutrients for your hormones to have a chance to start working properly and once that happens you will slowly start recovering

Lilac

My personal reaction to gelatin--

Great Lakes collagen hydrolysate; homemade chicken broth; homemade beef broth: never noticed a reaction, good or bad.

Lamb broth; gelatinous cuts of lamb; homemade Jell-O made from Knox gelatin: markedly good bowel movements, sometimes that day, sometimes the next day. The strikingly good results made me think, "Oh, this is what Ray means when he talks about glycine for gut health."

Terma

Here was my last reply to this guy, in case I don't reply and he dies or something [just kidding... sort of, you never know on these forums, that's the scary thing; you don't really wanna know the kind of year I've had]. Honestly I have no idea about any 5-AR research since half of 2017, so beside the gut/circadian knowledge only Jaminet (and to an extent Travis) has property researched on, a 5-AR-like syndrome is probably closest to his issues, and that forum is the only place I know of keeping tabs on that.

---- On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 XX:XX:XX -XXXX Xxxxx Xxxxx <jag_ge_d$str_ipes$at$zo$ho_dot_c$om> wrote ----

I'm getting tired so I'm forgetting things: don't forget the Vit D test: 25(OH)D

Vitamin D Testing: Is it 25-OH or 1,25-Dihydroxy?
Vitamin D Test Kit | DIY At-Home Vitamin D Testing

I think Travis knows more about it

---- On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 XX:XX:XX -XXXX Xxxxx Xxxxx <jag_ge_d$str_ipes$at$zo$ho_dot_c$om> wrote ----

Just to clarify about androsterone: There are some people to whom I recommended taking it before and who got benefits from it.

The problem is the FXR nuclear receptor agonism/antagonism makes it temporally a risk for bile synthesis and handling, so anyone in a serious enough situation should avoid it completely imo.

Woops, address is wrong, it's this wrong:
https://hackstasis.com/

Hey. Well, liver panel before and after is ideal (ALT/AST/etc enzymes, etc.; GP will know, though if you annoyed him/her a lot, might be reluctant; but you have constipation and possibly gallbladder issues so he should agree: Liver Function Tests: Purpose, Procedure, and Risk ). It's

Other bloodwork I do without it personally because I live in Canada and options are slim. But all thyroid measurements are needed: TSH, free T4 & T3, rT3, etc. But you might want to ask others in the U.S., I assume you're from there.

I started on PHD from Jaminet and progressed toward more RP-like. But in truth they're not that far except for fructose (Jaminet bought into the Lustig-fueld phobia), and Jaminet recommends a baseline 150g/carbs per day, with 200g/day for hypothyroidism (he recognizes need for carbs in hypo). I avoid dairy nowadays, but that's mainly for mental symptoms. Others on RP forum avoid it due to constipation.

Overall you sound a little bit like the Post-Finasteride and Accutane poisoning victims. Those guys migrated to this forum: https://hackstatis.com . They follow very unconventional advice, but it's a second (third) opinion if you need it.

Jaminet excels at reading scientific research (only Travis on RP forum compares, imo) and focused his diet on circadian rhythm and gut microbiome, which are things missing at RP forum. But I can't tell if this is more your issue or if you're closer to Post-Finasteride (5-AR deficiency, roughly (5-alpha-reductase, usually type I though type II matters too)).

I would stop Magnoil due to DMSO, but magnesium is necessary in some form.

Egg yolk, stop it until you modify other things, but try it again soon-ish. If stomach is very sensitive, to raw yolk (no whites at all), that's very likely a bile or gallbladder related issue.

Eating liver can fill in for choline requirements a little, but if you quit eggs and dairy at once, you may need to supplement a little choline, Alpha-GPC is the best form to my knowledge (see my other posts).

Yeah, if you tried other supps you didn't list, stop them all for awhile.

Androsterone interferes with bile acid metabolism. It's not guaranteed it hurts. You could try it if you get way desperate, but it's mostly not physiological.

Libido likely relates to 5-AR issues, HPA axis + hypothalamus issues, nitric oxide production. For that, see the Post-Finasteride syndrome and hackstatis, they will know a lot more than me, RP, Jaminet, people on RP forum, all combined. But I'd caution, don't focus too much on that as primary symptom; you can have terrible health and great libido.

You can just copy-paste this convo on the forum if you want, it could help someone else.

I don't read this during the week and I might just disappear for no reason, sorry, I'm not reliable anymore.

I do wish you luck

---- On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 XX:XX:XX -XXXXX Xxxxx Xxxxx <[email protected]> wrote ----

[snip]

Last edited:

Terma

Here's something you need to know:

I would not tell you to quit nicotine in this situation. It could be the only thing keeping you interested in your own fate (I'm not interested in bullshitting you; people with health problems get enough of that from the institutions already).

But this is important to know about it:

Ketanserin, a 5-HT2 receptor antagonist, decreases nicotine self-administration in rats

Nicotine likely shares this nootropic pathway with other nootropics such as aniracetam (not my invention), though being much more potent, and likely potentiates it, only offset by separate dopamine/nopinephrine-stimulating pathways. I could be wrong about this, but it's better I warn you and be wrong than the reverse.

Choline (Alpha-GPC) and various stimulants would potentiate this.

I guess that the most stressed-out you are, the more this pathway becomes significant.

5-HT2a is slightly misunderstood; it's of course serotonergic, but it's part of the stress response that makes you re-analyze your situation cognitively, in order to change it. It's simultaneously probably the pathway that makes people think suicidal thoughts about their situation.

In other words: If you feel very bad one day, take a step back and remember: a lot of this is physiological and not your fault (I extremely disagree with another poster above). Don't let it overwhelm you - it'll pass.

OP
O

oldfriend

Have you had your vitamin D levels measured by blood test?
Yes, I stated that my D has been below the reference range when last tested. This has happened at least 3 times over the years. I've been getting sunlight every day and even some light tanning.
Agree about focusing on the gut. A friend who is very allergic to egg and gelatin has psoriasis, and apparently there's a link with c.difficile. C.diff may be worth looking into even if you don't have psoriasis. I suggest search this forum re c.diff, I think @Ella has discussed this. Trehalose too, a history of lots of processed foods may be the link. My friend lives mostly on coffee, sugar and potato fairly successfully.
I tested negative for C. Diff. Mentioned that I took minocycline last year and it didn't help much.
I'm sorry to hear of your predicament. My apologies if this has already been suggested, but it seems that many of these problems you describe are related to your very high estradiol/E2. Have you had LH and FSH tested before? It's possible that your high e2 is shutting down signals from your pituitary gland, and consequently your body is not receiving the hormones it needs. If this is the case, a tried and tested aromatase inhibitor (IE Aromasin) would significantly lower your e2 and allow your pituitary to start sending the signals your body requires. It's just another angle to consider to get your health on track.
Yes, as I said I'm trying to see an endocrinologist. I have a court date to dispute the decision of the insurance company in a few days.
I'm expecting that my prolactin is high, probably PTH too, and will try to have others tested.

My libido is not non-existent. I think it's just suppressed by stress hormones. I had some success with the ergot derivatives, and AI supplements from idealabs which seem to point to prolactin and estrogen. On the recent lactose-free milk and fruit diet I noticed my libido was much stronger, and I was having erections throughout the night. In addition to fat solubles, TUDCA, energin, and the aminos I took uridine for a bit which supposedly increases the number of dopamine receptors. Also, the weather was idea, I was incredibly warm and had great bloodflow during this time. Unfortunately I couldn't maintain this diet and the effect was lost. I wonder if this info still makes the 5-AR theory plausible? I know that social isolation shuts down the 5-AR pathways, and IIRC exercise opens them, so maybe it plays a part.

Have you tried meditation? It sounds like you have a lot of unresolved emotional trauma, this leads to chronic tension throughout your body which can cause any kind health problem, especially gastrointestinal problems.

I doubt whether you'll be able to resolve your issues with any particular diet. Jumping from one dietary extreme to the next is like whack-a-mole and as soon as one imbalance is corrected another will appear, try just letting go of food restrictions and eat whatever you are craving.

Jumping between different diets and trying different drugs and supplements - the main purpose this serves is as a mental distraction, you likely have far deeper psychological issues that you are subconsciously afraid of and avoid facing by keeping your mind 100% preoccupied searching for an organic cause for your problems, but I think this is looking in the wrong place.

Other than that I would recommend you dont spend too much time on the computer, especially internet browsing, this contributes massively to cognitive overload which makes you feel overwhelmed. Your original post really exhudes the type of confused desperation that is the result of having taken in way too much conflicting information in too short a time for your brain to have made sense of it all. You need to give yourself a break from computers/smartphones/tv/reading etc to give your mind a chance to gain some perspective on your situation, then you might not feel quite so desperate anymore. Getting proper sleep is also vital for your brain to integrate new information and reduce cognitive overload, so I'd do everything you can to optimise your sleep routine, getting off computers in the evening should help a lot with that.
There definitely is a psychological component to this. This is admittedly bizarre, or overthought but I feel my trauma manifests through this obsession now; Like this sense of betrayal I carry has transferred to my diet. I can't trust anything I put in my mouth because it always turns against me in some way. My diet is literally all I think about anymore, and is another layer I will need to overcome to get out of isolation.

My biggest problem right now and over the last year or so is that I no idea what to eat. My short term goal is just getting enough calories every day, but doing that in a way that doesn't cause a histamine reaction or inflame my colon is seemingly impossible. I can't gauge my reactions to food because they all seem to lead to that same conclusions: allergies, constipation, blood sugar disregulation, no libido, moodiness.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals