Red Light Oral Health

bookshelf

Has anyone ever opened their mouth and allowed the rays of red light to shine into their mouth, getting the tongue, back of the throat, and gums? If so, how long were your sessions, what were your goals, and did you notice any results?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Has anyone ever opened their mouth and allowed the rays of red light to shine into their mouth, getting the tongue, back of the throat, and gums? If so, how long were your sessions, what were your goals, and did you notice any results?
It probably would get tiresome.

I am not sure that is is necessary either since red light should penetrate the thin skin if the device emitting it is touching the skin.

I've been using battery powered rechargeable LED lights that are safe to contact the skin (minimal EMF since they are battery powered). I've slept on them with a timer on few times when I felt inflammation on the area and they seemed to help. I also place them on my abdomen, liver, thymus, etc.. all to good effect.

I haven't used it too much lately but it is always charged and ready to go.

Something like this...

Amazon product ASIN B089974KW7View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089974KW7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

It probably would get tiresome.

I am not sure that is is necessary either since red light should penetrate the thin skin if the device emitting it is touching the skin.

I've been using battery powered rechargeable LED lights that are safe to contact the skin (minimal EMF since they are battery powered). I've slept on them with a timer on few times when I felt inflammation on the area and they seemed to help. I also place them on my abdomen, liver, thymus, etc.. all to good effect.

I haven't used it too much lately but it is always charged and ready to go.

Something like this...

Amazon product ASIN B089974KW7View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089974KW7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That's a good point about it penetrating. Yes, sitting with one's mouth open (as if waiting to catch flies) is not a past time that lasts very long. I use a chicken lamp with a red light. I like the warmth. I have a grounding cable attached to it to reduce the EMFs as outlined by the GambaRed guy:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxLOFRAeU8o&feature=youtu.be

I wonder if swishing MB in a bit of water around the mouth prior to a RL session (either directly into the mouth or with the light just directed on the outside of the mouth) would enhance the effects...

sphenoid

I’ve been using one of these for the last month or so, a few 10-15 minute sessions a day. First time I used it my gums were pulsating significantly, it was probably the first time they had been ever exposed to substantial light. Fast forward to now and my teeth and gums are currently the healthiest and most white they’ve ever been. Note that I don't do much for my teeth other than K2, oil pulling with coconut oil, and rinses with salt water and methylene blue.

I have noticed positive changes in craniofacial structure too. Teeth seem to be straightening and cheekbones more prominent, albeit slightly.

Amazon product ASIN B0892FPFVCView: https://www.amazon.com/Inductive-whitening-Bleaching-Light-Accelerated-BleachingTrays/dp/B0892FPFVC

I tried open mouth light therapy in the past but it was too awkward and exhausting. It’s a shame because the tongue and throat would really benefit from it. It would be nice if someone made a red light device for the tongue and throat, maybe a strip or something that sits atop your tongue while your mouth is closed.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

I’ve been using one of these for the last month or so, a few 10-15 minute sessions a day. First time I used it my gums were pulsating significantly, it was probably the first time they had been ever exposed to substantial light. Fast forward to now and my teeth and gums are currently the healthiest and most white they’ve ever been. Note that I don't do much for my teeth other than K2, oil pulling with coconut oil, and rinses with salt water and methylene blue.

I have noticed positive changes in craniofacial structure too. Teeth seem to be straightening and cheekbones more prominent, albeit slightly.

Amazon product ASIN B0892FPFVCView: https://www.amazon.com/Inductive-whitening-Bleaching-Light-Accelerated-BleachingTrays/dp/B0892FPFVC

I tried open mouth light therapy in the past but it was too awkward and exhausting. It’s a shame because the tongue and throat would really benefit from it. It would be nice if someone made a red light device for the tongue and throat, maybe a strip or something that sits atop your tongue while your mouth is closed.
I was thinking the same about such a device. It would have to be small and stay cool (unlike my chicken lamp 🥵). Quick, let's hurry up and patent it! :grin:
I make a homemade MB mouthwash - I might swish with it before I open my mouth to the light. I'm pretty sure it's a practice I won't do all the time but maybe will gain some benefits from occasional sessions.

David PS

I tried shining red light directly in my mouth. I found it cumbersome to hold my mouth open for and an extended period of time.

The near infrared (NIR) LEDs have the deepest penetration into the body. They work well of oral health because they are not hot and can be held against your skin. I have an LED light unit with a combination of 660nm deep red LEDs and 850nm NIR LEDs.
1691438137671.png

Last edited:
OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

I tried shining red light directly in my mouth. I found it cumbersome to hold my mouth open for and an extended period of time.

The near infrared (NIR) LEDs have the deepest penetration into the body. They work well of oral health because they are not hot and can be held against your skin. I have an LED light unit with a combination of 660nm deep red LEDs and 850nm NIR LEDs.
View attachment 53826
How is it for EMFs? I'd imagine pretty low...
Where did you get your light/device?

David PS

I do not know about the EMFs. I suspect that it is probably fairly low as well.

I purchased several different handheld units of lights several years ago from The Life Giving Store. One of the units broke in transit and they replaced it without any hassle. The unit was very well packed. They advertise on this site. I use the LGS17 the most.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

I do not know about the EMFs. I suspect that it is probably fairly low as well.

I purchased several different handheld units of lights several years ago from The Life Giving Store. One of the units broke in transit and they replaced it without any hassle. The unit was very well packed. They advertise on this site. I use the LGS17 the most.
Thanks for the recommendation! I love that store but, surprisingly, haven't purchased and lights from them - yet. I will have to check it out!

sphenoid

I was thinking the same about such a device. It would have to be small and stay cool (unlike my chicken lamp 🥵). Quick, let's hurry up and patent it! :grin:
I make a homemade MB mouthwash - I might swish with it before I open my mouth to the light. I'm pretty sure it's a practice I won't do all the time but maybe will gain some benefits from occasional sessions.

The product I linked is simply a strip of LEDs encased in a formed piece of clear silicone. The silicone is enough to keep the mouth cool (the LEDs do get warm) and makes it easy to clean/keep sterile. The device we're thinking of would be the same idea but a tongue-shaped tab that sits on the top of the tongue. Either that or something that sits under the tongue to target the genioglossus muscle.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

The product I linked is simply a strip of LEDs encased in a formed piece of clear silicone. The silicone is enough to keep the mouth cool (the LEDs do get warm) and makes it easy to clean/keep sterile. The device we're thinking of would be the same idea but a tongue-shaped tab that sits on the top of the tongue. Either that or something that sits under the tongue to target the genioglossus muscle.
If it's under the tongue, it has to take in to consideration people who have tori. Putting anything under the tongue could be painful for that demographic.

I also wonder if it should be shaped kind of like a finger/rod so it can be placed in between the lip and gum.

Here, I have it...let's make a dual purpose tool. It can be a toothbrush that has red light!

EvanHinkle

I have done this with strangely mixed success and would be grateful if anyone could theorize anything…

I have a mouth guard type red light device that works very well, until it doesn’t. What I mean by this is I can use it for a few minutes, but if I try to use it the next day, or a with any regularity, I begin to see a worsening of oral health.

I have some limiting factor as it pertains to red light, (not just orally, I’ve experienced this with any Red light therapy). I thought it was thyroid function, but I’ve improved that. I thought it was glycogen storage, but I’ve improved that. I’ve improved many health markers, but red light remains tricky. I only continue to try because those initial results, (say if I haven’t used it in a week) are incredible! My skin improves, I look younger, I sleep better, etc etc.

Newest theory is that it ramps up metabolism and exacerbates an existing nutritional deficiency I haven’t figured out.

sphenoid

If it's under the tongue, it has to take in to consideration people who have tori. Putting anything under the tongue could be painful for that demographic.

I also wonder if it should be shaped kind of like a finger/rod so it can be placed in between the lip and gum.

Here, I have it...let's make a dual purpose tool. It can be a toothbrush that has red light!

The only issue with the toothbrush idea is it would have to be used long enough to be effective. It would be difficult to brush your teeth for 10-15 minutes so a passive design would likely work best.

I have done this with strangely mixed success and would be grateful if anyone could theorize anything…

I have a mouth guard type red light device that works very well, until it doesn’t. What I mean by this is I can use it for a few minutes, but if I try to use it the next day, or a with any regularity, I begin to see a worsening of oral health.

I have some limiting factor as it pertains to red light, (not just orally, I’ve experienced this with any Red light therapy). I thought it was thyroid function, but I’ve improved that. I thought it was glycogen storage, but I’ve improved that. I’ve improved many health markers, but red light remains tricky. I only continue to try because those initial results, (say if I haven’t used it in a week) are incredible! My skin improves, I look younger, I sleep better, etc etc.

Newest theory is that it ramps up metabolism and exacerbates an existing nutritional deficiency I haven’t figured out.

I believe one of the main mechanisms of red light is through structuring water within the mitochondria, reducing its viscosity. In turn the ATP synthase turbine is able to spin easier and generate more ATP. There may be a nutritional deficiency somewhere along the ETC that is being depleted more when this occurs.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

The only issue with the toothbrush idea is it would have to be used long enough to be effective. It would be difficult to brush your teeth for 10-15 minutes so a passive design would likely work best.

Ahhh, good point! Yes, brushing teeth for 10-15 minutes is highly impractical (let alone unnecessary).

EvanHinkle

I believe one of the main mechanisms of red light is through structuring water within the mitochondria, reducing its viscosity. In turn the ATP synthase turbine is able to spin easier and generate more ATP. There may be a nutritional deficiency somewhere along the ETC that is being depleted more when this occurs.
Thanks for the tip. I’ll look into electron transport chain nutrition.

sphenoid

Ahhh, good point! Yes, brushing teeth for 10-15 minutes is highly impractical (let alone unnecessary).

Somewhat related but I also just purchased this (on amazon) after looking more into these obscure red light devices. It's just a couple of LEDs that are meant to shine up your nose. I didn't have discernible breathing problems but thought why not. After a day of using it it generated probably one of the most profound metabolic responses I have ever experienced. I had no problem breathing through the nose before but it feels like my nasal passages have double in size and I am breathing so much better now. Last night, after my third session of the day I was met with what I would describe as a wave of CO2. I got very warm, super relaxed, my heart rate sped up a bit, and it felt like I was floating on a cloud. It was so strong it scared me at first and I thought I overdid it but quickly surrendered to the sensations. As of today my breathing is night and day different than before and as a result it has led to profound changes in my default state of being. My mind is far more centered and calm and my body feels loose and relaxed. We'll see how these benefits carry on over time but I don't see why it wouldn't be long term. I would highly recommend.

RubyLux BioNase LED Nasal Therapy Device

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I am loving this thread. We got product recommendations for devices on-skin, in-ear, in-nose, in-mouth; let's go!

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

Somewhat related but I also just purchased this (on amazon) after looking more into these obscure red light devices. It's just a couple of LEDs that are meant to shine up your nose. I didn't have discernible breathing problems but thought why not. After a day of using it it generated probably one of the most profound metabolic responses I have ever experienced. I had no problem breathing through the nose before but it feels like my nasal passages have double in size and I am breathing so much better now. Last night, after my third session of the day I was met with what I would describe as a wave of CO2. I got very warm, super relaxed, my heart rate sped up a bit, and it felt like I was floating on a cloud. It was so strong it scared me at first and I thought I overdid it but quickly surrendered to the sensations. As of today my breathing is night and day different than before and as a result it has led to profound changes in my default state of being. My mind is far more centered and calm and my body feels loose and relaxed. We'll see how these benefits carry on over time but I don't see why it wouldn't be long term. I would highly recommend.

RubyLux BioNase LED Nasal Therapy Device
Very cool! I wonder if they'd ever consider an oral attachment? For that matter, a probe that would fit just inside the ear. People who have problems with eczema in the ears and earaches (as I have had a history of) would greatly benefit for sure (more ideas, @xeliex!).

sphenoid

Very cool! I wonder if they'd ever consider an oral attachment? For that matter, a probe that would fit just inside the ear. People who have problems with eczema in the ears and earaches (as I have had a history of) would greatly benefit for sure (more ideas, @xeliex!).

Not sure, I may email them since they are small company, but you can kind of use the one for the nose in your ear. I tried targeting the auricular branch of the vagus nerve with it (in the tragus) by sticking one side in my ear with some success. A purpose built model would probably be in the shape of an earbud though, an interesting concept that could be used for earaches, infections, balance issues, eustachian tube problems, etcetera.

I think areas that don't get much, if any, light are really positively affected by light therapies. More so when they are such important physiological structures such as the nose, ears, and mouth.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

Not sure, I may email them since they are small company, but you can kind of use the one for the nose in your ear. I tried targeting the auricular branch of the vagus nerve with it (in the tragus) by sticking one side in my ear with some success. A purpose built model would probably be in the shape of an earbud though, an interesting concept that could be used for earaches, infections, balance issues, eustachian tube problems, etcetera.

I think areas that don't get much, if any, light are really positively affected by light therapies. More so when they are such important physiological structures such as the nose, ears, and mouth.
Perhaps the lack of light is why there is such a noticeable difference...it takes less to provoke effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals