Reintroduced starch and developed anxiety

allan442

I reintroduced starch and within a week developed pretty bad anxiety, hard to control. Also developed random muscle twitches.

I quit again today and feeling somewhat better. Has anyone had this before? I didn’t even need to reintroduce starch I just cracked after craving some pizza and ended up binging starches for a while.

I strangely felt like no oxygen was reaching my brain, but I doubt that was actually what was happening. Constipation also happened but it’s gotten better

cremes

It might be that you reintroduced too much iron by binging on what sounds like wheat products. In the US, they are *all* iron fortified.

Try potatoes as a starch and see if it gives you the same anxiety and twitching.

OP
A

allan442

It might be that you reintroduced too much iron by binging on what sounds like wheat products. In the US, they are *all* iron fortified.

Try potatoes as a starch and see if it gives you the same anxiety and twitching.
Yeah actually I’m pretty sure iron is involved in some way. It would explain the dehydration too I think. I’m gonna lay off all starch for a few days to reset and then maybe try introducing potatoes / rice in small amounts.

mostlylurking

Yeah actually I’m pretty sure iron is involved in some way. It would explain the dehydration too I think. I’m gonna lay off all starch for a few days to reset and then maybe try introducing potatoes / rice in small amounts.
Although the iron angle may have something to it, that pizza crust is very high gluten. Gluten is very bad stuff. It is the "protein" that is in wheat that makes it stretchy and gives bread dough (and pizza crust dough!) its elasticity and texture. The overlords decided to breed wheat to have more gluten so they could tout the high protein in it. The overlords also spray wheat in the field with glyphosate (Roundup) to kill it so it will dry crispy so they can harvest it. The glyphosate is toxic. The overlords have made wheat a toxic food. It is not what they were eating back in biblical times.

glyphosate: Glyphosate toxicity
also: Gut microbiota and neurological effects of glyphosate - PubMed
and:
View: https://youtu.be/svJz_QwVQ9M?t=180

gluten: Gluten: What You Don’t Know Might Kill You - Dr. Mark Hyman
(there's a list of references at the bottom of the article)
and:
View: https://youtu.be/pZ0VhOU9wQ8?t=5891

White potatoes are a better food and provide the satisfaction of eating starch. But be sure to stick with the organic ones.

cremes

Although the iron angle may have something to it, that pizza crust is very high gluten. Gluten is very bad stuff.
Good point here. With complex systems containing many elements it is nearly impossible to say what is causing your specific reaction to starch.

mostlylurking

Good point here. With complex systems containing many elements it is nearly impossible to say what is causing your specific reaction to starch.
That's true. Starch almost instantly converts to pure glucose when you eat it. The glucose causes an insulin spike. The insulin spike is stressful. It causes an adrenaline spike which gives the liver a heads up to release more sugar; if the liver can't do that then the elevated adrenaline causes a release of cortisol.

OP
A

allan442

Yes I understand that.. it’s just strange because while eating starch wasn’t ideal for me it didn’t carry this many side effecrs

mostlylurking

Yes I understand that.. it’s just strange because while eating starch wasn’t ideal for me it didn’t carry this many side effecrs
There are lots of starches that do not include gluten. Gluten is toxic and will cause many problems, including leaky gut.

SuperStressed

I reintroduced starch and within a week developed pretty bad anxiety, hard to control. Also developed random muscle twitches.

I quit again today and feeling somewhat better. Has anyone had this before? I didn’t even need to reintroduce starch I just cracked after craving some pizza and ended up binging starches for a while.

I strangely felt like no oxygen was reaching my brain, but I doubt that was actually what was happening. Constipation also happened but it’s gotten better
I experience that same feeling with anxiety, it's awful.

The gluten, starch and Iron are all endotoxin- promoting. I've even dropped 48hr sourdough now to see if that helps, replaced with potatoes. Even the good sourdough is poisoned with the worst kind of highly reactive Iron.

What do you eat when not eating starch?

Last edited:

SuperStressed

I think serotonin can have a sort of numbing/dulling effect long term.
I've heard a few people say the same thing when stopping problem foods and then restarting.

mostlylurking

Consider the possibility that you have a borderline thiamine deficiency. Eating starch (=glucose within minutes once swallowed) would make you more deficient in thiamine which would cause all the symptoms you have listed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals