Serious tick bite

Morten

Forum Supporter
Have a friend who has been serious disabled from a tick bite with TBE virus. He gets ventilator help, and from his chest down he has become paralysed. Any advice??

Peatful

AspiringSage

*How long ago was he bitten?
*What was the progression of symptoms from bite to present?
*What area/geographical region was he bitten in?
*Was the tick saved by any chance?
*What his age/general health/preexisting conditions?
*What treatments have been used so far?
*Does the infection seem to be active?

Since I am hesitant to give out medical advice (not a health care provider it’s safer to speak of my own experiences). In his position my first go to medication would be ivermectin without a doubt. The last time I found a tick/blood on my leg while jogging. I ran home and immediately injected 20mg of water/saline buffered ivermectin into my thigh. My second go to medication is doxycycline (minocycline is similar and by some accounts safer). I also took a five day course of oral doxycycline after finding that tick/blood on my leg. In my case, this was an aggressive intervention (almost prophylactic), most people don’t treat tick bites that aggressively. I am less certain how I would treat it if things progressed to encephalitis.

But ivermectin would still be something I’d insist on. Among other things ivermectin is a protease inhibitor that’s active against many viruses. Doxycycline was more for the possibility of bacteria though it may be active against some virus. See this study for discussion of ivermectin and the family of virus that cause TBE.

Ivermectin is a potent inhibitor of flavivirus replication specifically targeting NS3 helicase activity: new prospects for an old drug

IMG_1859.jpeg

It’s also worth considering that ticks often carry multiple parasites and bacteria. Some of them the parasites are similar to malaria (e.g babesiosis protozoans) and the bacteria is often in the spirochaete phylum e.g. similar to syphilis and lyme (see burgdorferi family)

Lots of testing including aggressive PCR testing is likely needed to look for other infections. Ticks can be loaded with multiple pathogens. The book Bitten: The Secret History of Lyme Disease and Biological Weapons is a decent starting place to start wrapping your head around reading tick born disease and how it’s handled by the system.

Peatful

I am new in this forum. @shanny means, that he has writtin something?
Hello

Shanny is a user here
Whom dealt with tick bites

If she is still active
I tagged her not to miss your post

OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
*How long ago was he bitten?
*What was the progression of symptoms from bite to present?
*What area/geographical region was he bitten in?
*Was the tick saved by any chance?
*What his age/general health/preexisting conditions?
*What treatments have been used so far?
*Does the infection seem to be active?

Since I am hesitant to give out medical advice (not a health care provider it’s safer to speak of my own experiences). In his position my first go to medication would be ivermectin without a doubt. The last time I found a tick/blood on my leg while jogging. I ran home and immediately injected 20mg of water/saline buffered ivermectin into my thigh. My second go to medication is doxycycline (minocycline is similar and by some accounts safer). I also took a five day course of oral doxycycline after finding that tick/blood on my leg. In my case, this was an aggressive intervention (almost prophylactic), most people don’t treat tick bites that aggressively. I am less certain how I would treat it if things progressed to encephalitis.

But ivermectin would still be something I’d insist on. Among other things ivermectin is a protease inhibitor that’s active against many viruses. Doxycycline was more for the possibility of bacteria though it may be active against some virus. See this study for discussion of ivermectin and the family of virus that cause TBE.

Ivermectin is a potent inhibitor of flavivirus replication specifically targeting NS3 helicase activity: new prospects for an old drug

View attachment 56429

It’s also worth considering that ticks often carry multiple parasites and bacteria. Some of them the parasites are similar to malaria (e.g babesiosis protozoans) and the bacteria is often in the spirochaete phylum e.g. similar to syphilis and lyme (see burgdorferi family)

Lots of testing including aggressive PCR testing is likely needed to look for other infections. Ticks can be loaded with multiple pathogens. The book Bitten: The Secret History of Lyme Disease and Biological Weapons is a decent starting place to start wrapping your head around reading tick born disease and how it’s handled by the system.
It 14 days ago, he is at the hospital in copenhagen, on ventilator minus 20 min per day, where he trains his lungs with a physician. He is a peripheral friend, so I have only be occasionally in touch with him. I don't think that he was in a good shape. I think he´s about 50 years old. He got bitten on the island where I live(bornholm), and has been floan to Copenhagen. I will for sure surgest Ivermectin to his wife. I do not what kind of medicine they´ve given him so far. Thank for your thorough advice.

shanny

Forum Supporter
Have a friend who has been serious disabled from a tick bite with TBE virus. He gets ventilator help, and from his chest down he has become paralysed. Any advice??
Do you have more information on this? Where your friend is located makes a difference on what tick borne diseases may be present. These can be heavily mis-diagnosed so I want to make sure this is actually what's going on.

Edit: I just read above, my apologies.

If this person is in rough shape/health in general, that explains it. I completely agree with everything AspiringSage referred to. This is likely much more complex than a simple tick bite. If one is not in a good state of health, overcoming these biological weapons is difficult. I'm not giving out medical advice, but if it were me I'd be considering MB and Ivermectin as well. MB definitely got me straight after battling some sort of tick borne disease.

Last edited:
OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
Do you have more information on this? Where your friend is located makes a difference on what tick borne diseases may be present. These can be heavily mis-diagnosed so I want to make sure this is actually what's going on.

Edit: I just read above, my apologies.

If this person is in rough shape/health in general, that explains it. I completely agree with everything AspiringSage referred to. This is likely much more complex than a simple tick bite. If one is not in a good state of health, overcoming these biological weapons is difficult. I'm not giving out medical advice, but if it were me I'd be considering MB and Ivermectin as well. MB definitely got me straight after battling some sort of tick borne disease.
It on an island called Bornholm, near Denmark.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals