Announcement Server Upgrades, New Bells & Whistles, Squashed Some Bugs

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Did a bunch of server work this week, squashed some bugs, did some upgrades to the forum software, and got things running much smoother, faster and just all around better.

Got a few new bells and whistles. I will post about them in this thread. Here is the first one.....

"Who Replied?"

Check out the screenshot below...see where it says "Replies: 10K"? You can click on the "10K" and see everyone who replied in that thread and then you can click on the number of replies by any person and then it will take you to all their replies in that thread. This can be very useful.

who-replied.png

LA

Did a bunch of server work this week, squashed some bugs, did some upgrades to the forum software, and got things running much smoother, faster and just all around better.

Got a few new bells and whistles. I will post about them in this thread. Here is the first one.....
Thank you for all your hard work! You must be a genius. I am sure it is best for most even though I now have to use a different browser and computer. (probably I get too comfortable with things as I find them) Best wishes to you always

Mauritio

Thanks Charlie, good work!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
"Most Ever Online"

I have added a "most ever online" stats widget. I love these kind of fun statistics. You will notice our online stats has dropped down a bit this week. Part of the upgrades was installing a new security system which does a better job of scrubbing out bad bots then the last system. So the online count is a lot more accurate now.

most-ever-online.png

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Yesterday I had trouble on an iphone 8 but not on the imac computer. This morning it is working fine on the iphone. Thank you.

Peater

Check out the screenshot below...see where it says "Replies: 10K"? You can click on the "10K" and see everyone who replied in that thread and then you can click on the number of replies by any person and then it will take you to all their replies in that thread. This can be very useful.
Cool!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Fun fact. The server handled nearly 1 million requests in the past 24 hours. And Friday/Saturdays are usually slower days!

requests.png

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

LA

Are you having issues on a particular browser? If so, what is happening?
:hattip
Maybe you were hacked as it is not happening on any other sites such as youtube, twitter, chadnet, drudge, etc All was fine with my browsers getting to you until recently and then this happens on most of the other browsers I used for you:
This webpage is not available
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
or
This site can’t provide a secure connection
raypeatforum.com uses an unsupported protocol.
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure.
--- most sites, with this/your problem, have a string of words pop up that says . . . try again or disregard and click to proceed (something like that...)

None such as hacker news, grey coder or any tech sites giving up to the minute stats and warning about malware etc happening have a block like your forum has for those wanting to still use XP (like me)

My husband who has computer certification says that maybe the people who created/programmed the original forum design you rent or purchase dropped the ball/whatever. I actually liked the original forum design from about 5 (?) years ago. It was tighter.
We dont have to keep on with this discussion. Hope you get some rest! Best wishes and thanks for all your hard work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals