Share your sorghum experience

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Dr Kirk had 1 tbsp of sorghum syrup, which would be super concentrated.

Therefore, I'd imagine one must have a copious amount of sorghum flour products to match the 21g of sorghum syrup?

I did just grab some sorghum syrup and I'll report back.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Keep us posted!

Charger

I tried sorghum syrup once and couldn't stand the taste enough to make it a regular thing.

Interested to try out the sorghum macaroni though.

iMusclebuild

I guess I'm pretty lucky - I really like the taste. Schwing - I foresee trouble ahead. ;) I started today. I'll report on how I do.

76er

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Update:

I've been doing Sorghum syrup for about 3 weeks.

Per day:
- ~42g of syrup.
- 1/4 cup of sprouted sorghum flour

I'd say I have noticed an increase in flaccid hang but it's hard to put a 2x or 3x number on it.
It seems that states of being very 'shriveled up' have decreased.

I'm going to keep going and report back.

Here are the products I've been using.
- Amazon.com
- https://www.vitacost.com/pure-living-sprouted-grain-sorghum-flour-organic?ta=sorghum&t=sorghum
Really cool, thanks for sharing!

dukesbobby777

Is there not just a really potent sorghum extract that can be bought, instead of us faffing around with flours, pastas, and syrups? If its so good at raising DHT, why isn't there such am extract available?

Mossy

Is there not just a really potent sorghum extract that can be bought, instead of us faffing around with flours, pastas, and syrups? If its so good at raising DHT, why isn't there such am extract available?
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. I did find this: Sorghum Extract Syrup. It would be my guess that it is equivalent to sorghum syrup, or maybe the extract is more potent—just a guess. Even if it were equivalent to sorghum syrup, it's much cheaper than any option I've seen on Amazon. I just paid $.45/oz, where this one is $.25/oz (6lb option). Though, to really get those savings, you would need to purchase $99, for free shipping.

ddjd

any germans here know if this is sorghum???
1693563468867.png

Apple

I tried sorghum (flour) for the first time and feel excesively hungry one hour after. (Possibly due to phytic acid or trypsin inhibitor)
I liked the taste though.

Does sorghum have antinutrients?
Further, sorghum contains anti‐nutritional factors like tannin, cyanogenicglucoside, phytic acid, trypsin inhibitor, and oxalate (Etuk, Okeudo, Esonu, & Udedibie, 2012; Mohammed et al., 2011). Due to these and other reasons, sorghum is categorized as of low nutritional value and a food for the poor.

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I tried sorghum (flour) for the first time and feel excesively hungry one hour after. (Possibly due to phytic acid or trypsin inhibitor)

Further, sorghum contains anti‐nutritional factors like tannin, cyanogenicglucoside, phytic acid, trypsin inhibitor, and oxalate (Etuk, Okeudo, Esonu, & Udedibie, 2012; Mohammed et al., 2011). Due to these and other reasons, sorghum is categorized as of low nutritional value and a food for the poor.
The hunger issues are likely due to suboptimal blood sugar response. I used to feel that way when I had only oats.

76er

I'd go for the sprouted sorghum flour e.g. https://www.vitacost.com/pure-living-sprouted-grain-sorghum-flour-organic

The sprouted process limits those anti-nutrient drawbacks.

Not that I have much flour on a daily basis. Only ~1/4 cup in banana pancakes, which I don't always have on daily basis.

I'm still getting good results (see my previous post) from ~42g of daily syrup and I just ordered two more bottles.

Peatfan69

I'd go for the sprouted sorghum flour e.g. https://www.vitacost.com/pure-living-sprouted-grain-sorghum-flour-organic

The sprouted process limits those anti-nutrient drawbacks.

Not that I have much flour on a daily basis. Only ~1/4 cup in banana pancakes, which I don't always have on daily basis.

I'm still getting good results (see my previous post) from ~42g of daily syrup and I just ordered two more bottles.

Can you pinpoint if the syrup or flour is more effective?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals