Should sunglasses be avoided at all cost?

ThisWorld

I was thinking about buying sport sunglasses with black polarized lenses to avoid wind getting in my eyes while cycling, and it should also supposedly eliminate glare to give a more detailed enviroment, but from the threads I'm reading here, it should be avoided at all cost? Is it really that bad to wear sunglasses?

Izzybelle

I was thinking about buying sport sunglasses with black polarized lenses to avoid wind getting in my eyes while cycling, and it should also supposedly eliminate glare to give a more detailed enviroment, but from the threads I'm reading here, it should be avoided at all cost? Is it really that bad to wear sunglasses?
I would get orange lenses to block the harmful blue rays, and just don't wear them all the time when you're outdoors. I've got a pair with orange lenses that I sometimes wear in the car or if I'm walking my dog on a windy day.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
Solar glare while driving long distances would warrant protection. Skiing or spending hours in the snow would probably warrant eye protection from the sun. Otherwise I can’t see sunglasses doing anything good for you. Ray talks about darkness being a stress and using intense lights on himself while indoors to get as much light as possible. Protect your eyes from toxic computer screen light and overhead all day fluorescent lights, LED lights that are very very high in blue light.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I try to not block natural light when I’m outdoors but I can see needing eye protection in certain instances being beneficial.

AlaskaJono

I definitely need eye protection from glare, I have spent a lot of time on the snow, on the water, and the glare where I live now - Australia - is severe at times. I like the polarized lens, always have. I do spend some time with them if when appropriate, and I do think that some better or more efficient sun effects on skin are increased by the "no sunglasses" idea. I read studies on this years ago, but recommend protecting from wind and snow/glare and light when moving fast or outside for extended periods of time. I spend $$$ on sunglasses and retain them for 5-7 years. My beater pair now is a revo xmas 2014! , and I have newer (3 years ago) Maui Jim. Try them on for sure and go outside in sun/light to be sure they will work. I absolutely hate when they fit, but allow side light/glare to come in, especially for $$$.

supercoolguy

Just get a good pair and use them as you feel the situation warrants. Maui Jim's are my choice.
If you want best optics, get the Glass lenses. Their Polarization is Excellent across the entire line.

AlaskaJono

Glass Lenses Yes! I forgot to mention this. Very important if you wear them for any length of time.
Just get a good pair and use them as you feel the situation warrants. Maui Jim's are my choice.
If you want best optics, get the Glass lenses. Their Polarization is Excellent across the entire line.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals