Skipped heartbeat at Hospital with labs attached

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
I agree with that ER doctor that your labs look pristine. Even taking a little vinegar in a small amount of water if you start to feel any reflux pain after a meal will help. It always helped me. Smaller meals might help like you mentioned and keeping upright after eating will help. Don't hold your stomach in after eating, too. Don't take proton pump inhibitors if they prescribe or suggest them. If you are given doxycycline for H. pylori it will cause your stomach acid to increase and any reflux will be extra painful so keep that in mind.
Thank you. I’ll try some today. I did try Betaine hcl pepsin supplement and it burned my stomach quite a bit. So I believe I have some sort of low stomach acid problem along with compromised stomach lining from an infection. I get results next week from the endoscopy so I’m sure I’ll get antibiotics but we’ll see. But I avoided the PPI they prescribed.

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
Yeah always gets worse after eating, especially big meals like you said. Maybe it's something to do with the intestines or stomach pushing against the heart or something?
Yeah thought this could be happening. Since my endoscopy showed food in my stomach from the night before the dr said I have poor gastric emptying (Gastroparesis) so I believe it could be caused my too much food in stomach putting pressure in nerves or something which could affect the heart.

How is your digestion? Do you have decent appetite? Good or bad transit time? Any bloating or stomach pains? I’m going to try to increase calcium intake and see if this helps.

PeterSN

Yeah thought this could be happening. Since my endoscopy showed food in my stomach from the night before the dr said I have poor gastric emptying (Gastroparesis) so I believe it could be caused my too much food in stomach putting pressure in nerves or something which could affect the heart.

How is your digestion? Do you have decent appetite? Good or bad transit time? Any bloating or stomach pains? I’m going to try to increase calcium intake and see if this helps.
Terrible bloating after every meal, constant pressure in my abdomen

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
Transit time of 3-4 days
Same for me. I’m curious have you tried thyroid at all? Also, do you drink coffee? I’m wondering if we have overly sensitized adrenalin or cortisol receptors. I heard Roddy mentioned in a video that hypothyroid people can become overly sensitive to adrenaline when pushing metabolism with things like thyroid. I was wondering maybe trying Cyproheptadine for this.

I stopped most of the supplements and will probably only do pregnenolone and maybe progesterone. As far as diet making sure I have adequate sodium and calcium. Also, because of slowly transit time I cut out most fiber even carrot salad. So just milk, juice, soups some eggs and liver.

PeterSN

Same for me. I’m curious have you tried thyroid at all? Also, do you drink coffee? I’m wondering if we have overly sensitized adrenalin or cortisol receptors. I heard Roddy mentioned in a video that hypothyroid people can become overly sensitive to adrenaline when pushing metabolism with things like thyroid. I was wondering maybe trying Cyproheptadine for this.

I stopped most of the supplements and will probably only do pregnenolone and maybe progesterone. As far as diet making sure I have adequate sodium and calcium. Also, because of slowly transit time I cut out most fiber even carrot salad. So just milk, juice, soups some eggs and liver.
I tried NDT from ancesteral supplemnts early 2022, but i noticed nothing much from it, my bloating was worse while on it. I took the NDT because i started developing shortness of breath, heart palpitations and weird digestive issues particulary after i got covid vaxxed in late 2021 (J&J)

Since then i cannot live a normal life, i have to fast in order to be able to function when im in university, or else ill get a flushing reaction after eating food there, as well as shortness of breath, anxiety and heart arrythmias. Ive noticed that it gets worse later on in the day, especially around the evenings.

Ive been to the doctors so many times, gotten my heart monitored, extensive blood work, etc... The only thing they found that was abnormal is extremely low serum copper, thats about it really

PeterSN

I tried NDT from ancesteral supplemnts early 2022, but i noticed nothing much from it, my bloating was worse while on it. I took the NDT because i started developing shortness of breath, heart palpitations and weird digestive issues particulary after i got covid vaxxed in late 2021 (J&J)

Since then i cannot live a normal life, i have to fast in order to be able to function when im in university, or else ill get a flushing reaction after eating food there, as well as shortness of breath, anxiety and heart arrythmias. Ive noticed that it gets worse later on in the day, especially around the evenings.

Ive been to the doctors so many times, gotten my heart monitored, extensive blood work, etc... The only thing they found that was abnormal is extremely low serum copper, thats about it really
I also got diagnosed with H pylori i nthe first quarter of 2023, which they gave me a 10 day course of amoxicillin and clarithromycin to treat. Its worth noting that my bloating and impending feeling of doom as well as the hypoxia feeling almost completely vanished for a few days while i was going through the course of antibiotics, which really makes me think thats its all related to my gut

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter

That’s what’s happening with me. I’m getting them more in the evenings especially after eating. I feel horrible feeling of flushing and arrhythmias and beats are skipping more often. Bigger meals make it worse. If I eat smaller simpler meals they’re not as bad. They seem life threatening in the moment that I want to go to the hospital but after about 10-20 minutes I begin stabilizing!

I agree with you my problems started in the gut but they are now causing problems to other systems.

frannybananny

That’s what’s happening with me. I’m getting them more in the evenings especially after eating. I feel horrible feeling of flushing and arrhythmias and beats are skipping more often. Bigger meals make it worse. If I eat smaller simpler meals they’re not as bad. They seem life threatening in the moment that I want to go to the hospital but after about 10-20 minutes I begin stabilizing!

I agree with you my problems started in the gut but they are now causing problems to other systems.
I used to get heart irregularities every once i awhile and was always able to stabilize them with a little bit of potassium supplement at night, by the next day they were gone and didn't return for weeks. But lately after some bad emotional trauma I got a racing heart and skipped beats and had to see a cardiologist. They did an EKG and in lieu of placing a 72 hour monitor on me suggested that I get a device called KardiaMobile and monitor my heart myself. In case of abnormalities you can send the EKG to your Cardio guy and you can learn how to read an EKG yourself. This device monitors for Atrial Fibrillation as well as Tachycardia and Brachycardia. He also put me on a very small dosage of a Beta Blocker ..Metoprolal which I break in half and take twice a day. This has helped level out my heart immensely. Even though skipped beats are not life threatening they should def be taken into account if accompanied by other irregularities. Consider getting the Kardia Mobile... the single lead is now on sale for $79 and the 6 lead is $99.

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
I used to get heart irregularities every once i awhile and was always able to stabilize them with a little bit of potassium supplement at night, by the next day they were gone and didn't return for weeks. But lately after some bad emotional trauma I got a racing heart and skipped beats and had to see a cardiologist. They did an EKG and in lieu of placing a 72 hour monitor on me suggested that I get a device called KardiaMobile and monitor my heart myself. In case of abnormalities you can send the EKG to your Cardio guy and you can learn how to read an EKG yourself. This device monitors for Atrial Fibrillation as well as Tachycardia and Brachycardia. He also put me on a very small dosage of a Beta Blocker ..Metoprolal which I break in half and take twice a day. This has helped level out my heart immensely. Even though skipped beats are not life threatening they should def be taken into account if accompanied by other irregularities. Consider getting the Kardia Mobile... the single lead is now on sale for $79 and the 6 lead is $99.
Thank you for that. I will have to get a device because the cardio can’t see me till February. But yes I’ve tried increasing electrolytes and so far not much difference. I do notice that eating triggers it or anything that raises my adrenaline even a little bit. I can’t even get too excited otherwise they flare up sheesh it’s like I have to remain zen all day but that’s impossible haha

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
I wanted to post this older Ray Peat newsletter I found “resistance of the heart” since experiencing this arrhythmias I did some research and Ray talks about them here. Ray believes vagal tone is inhibited by an excess stimulation of the adrenergic system which can throw off the sinus pacemaker. Things like magnesium, thyroid, and the protective hormones should help keep stress down and keep the adrenergic system from being overly activated. Also, keeping blood sugar up, and keeping fatty acids down will be key (vitamin E). I would probably also look into improving vagal tone. I don’t know much about the vagus nerve but I know lots of people here have benefited from vagus nerve exercises. So I’ll be trying some of these things going forward and see if I feel improvement.

Attachments

• resistance-of-the-heart.pdf
    737.7 KB · Views: 9
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals